My New System Final Specs - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The right corner was getting too friendly.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-20, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Daleon
The side fan is fine. Isn't the scropio pretty much the same as the raidmaxx but $21 more expensive?

Also found that case for $10 cheaper here:
Scorpio Case
Does that case come with Fans?
Old 2004-05-20, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Vitter
Sergeant

Yeah, i agree w Electro. Screw Antec performance. Go with the window/sidefan so you can invite 15 year olds over and impress them with the pretty window/lights.
Old 2004-05-20, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

he is 15 years old, so those are his friends. the Scorpio is very nice performing anyway.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-20, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Vitter
Sergeant

Well, if he ever decides to grow up and realize where performance lies (inside the case) and where you can stuff "what your friends think", then here's my suggestions:

All these cases have slots for 5 fans, are heavy duty, and are made by Antec so they have the BEST power sources available.

Silver w/ 430W
Black w/ 400W

And, if you MUST get a window (so you can make sure your parts haven't changed color):
Silver w/ window & no PSU
Old 2004-05-20, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Whats wrong with a nice case, im not going to mod and trick it out all I want is a window and a light on the inside. It makes it look nice IMO
Old 2004-05-20, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Update - I got one of my friends who has been working on PCs for 8 Years and he agrees with alot of the things in this forum except for the cases hes getting me some good deals and is going to build the system. Good Job Rob
Old 2004-05-21, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Geez vitter, if performance lies so much INSIDE the case then why are you so vehement against a cheaper case. We already know you like "steel" so heat can't be an issue.

Bio, yes that case comes with the same fan setup as the others I am pretty sure. Should be a standard setup for "scorpio" cases or the raidmaxx. If he can beat those prices with ps then defintely go for it. Personally I paid out the nose for my last case and I don't care in the least. I'll have it for another 10+ years prolly.
Old 2004-05-21, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

not if you want a BTX board daleon

Vitter you getting to the point were your being stupid, its a nice scase, and it will performe nearly as well as the antch and as Daleon said your contradicting yourself

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-21, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Vitter
Sergeant

Seems pretty simple to me. Steel case doesn't affect heat to any sort of noticable degree (ok, maybe 1 degree celcius) when you have 4-5 fans installed. What more than counterbalances that is that those style of cases are easy to install, solid (can't be scratched or bent or dented), and will last you for god knows how long. If components stay this size, I can see you using a case like that for decades.

An aluminum case with psychodelic paint job, window, and a bunch of other crap? I can see it lasting you a couple of years, either until you hit puberty or you break it.

[EDIT] Sorry for being "stupid" and using coherent sentences and legitimiate argument points. Lemme switch it up and bring it to a more easy to understand level:

l33t fl4shy c4s3s r t3h sux0r! 3ffici3nt & s0lid c4s3s r t3h pwn!
256MB Radeon 9800 Pro
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Seagate 7200 120Gig
Running at 28/36 (min/max) Celcius

Last edited by Vitter; 2004-05-21 at 08:33 PM.
Old 2004-05-21, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Aluminum is easyier to bend and dent but its only like a .01% chance better, so Steel offers no advantage. It's a high Quality case Vitter, you may not like it but alot of other people perfer not to have a drab Biege box.

They are everybit as solid, lighter, more flexible in the side pannels so dents don't happen as often, the side panel flexs and pops back
Stupid does not refer to you scentences, but that fact you can't possibly understand why somebody would want anything but what you sugested, Aluminumcases are recomended by nearly eveyone, AND HE NOT SACRIFICING PERFOMANCE IN THE LEAST YOU RETARD GET IT IN YOUR THINK SKULL.

sorry bio this threads done

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum