PS2Alerts 2.0 is now live! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes, it truly is, better then a doughnut.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-05-23, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Maelstrome
Private

PS2Alerts 2.0 is now live!

I've just pushed the new version of PS2 Alerts! It has been completely re-written, and should be running far faster and quicker.

Check it out at http://ps2alerts.com!

Heres a list of all changes made in this update other than the "under the hood" stuff:
  • "In Progress" alerts are now shown throughout the website, where the statistics for each alert are updated every 5 minutes (it's not real-time as it's heavy on the site's data sources and doesn't really provide that much information). The feature is only half completed, I still need to figure out how to make the graphs auto refresh on every 5 minute update. For now, hammer your F5 key! ;-)
  • Cosmetic changes have been made to the website, making the whole layout of it much nicer and cleaner. Not a huge amount has changed, but the site now looks miles better than it did.
  • Introduction of the Alert Timeline graph, which can be found on the homepage. This now enables you to browse through the ENTIRE history (since January 26th) of the PS2 Alerts database, seeing how each empire did, and how alert results have changed over time. I will be expanding this feature so that when you select the date range, the data will automatically update based on your selection. However, this is currently harder than anticipated.
  • Sharable links. You're now able to share "views" of data with the world. For example, if you wish to show just Miller alerts, you can share the link: http://ps2alerts.com/stats/Miller . Currently, only server views are supported, but I intend so that you can share date ranges and times with these links eventually.
  • Selections now STICK. A hugely requested feature was that when you selected your server, that your selection sticks. This has been made so. You can choose your selection at the homepage and the data there and at the All Alerts section will now stick, if you're only interested in one server.
Please let me know of any feedback you guys have!

Last edited by Maelstrome; 2014-05-23 at 03:07 AM.
Old 2014-05-23, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: PS2Alerts 2.0 is now live!

Looks great, kudos!

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion