Extra Pistol Slot for Infils - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Known to cause flames
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-30, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Everay
Major General

i was a infultrator at one time, but i got rid of it and combat engy, for Special assault, and ive been owning, well, when i dont get 3 frames a second

but yea, i could see as to why this would be such a good thing for infultrators, i mean, its not like your gonna carry around a rifle, that would be over powered
Old 2003-10-01, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Exactly. ANyone who says this would overpower the infiltrator is crazy. "oooh wow, he gets a grenade/pistol/rek that he can access quicker. Everyone is going to be one and pwn!!!"

It's bad enough 1 shot takes away almost 1/4 of our health...

Old 2003-10-01, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Brigadier General

Misc Info

That would be awesome.
Old 2003-10-01, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Once again

REK Implant, that way everyone wins, not just infiltrators. How do you think us engineer medics feel just standing there fumbling for a rek and we arnt even invisible.

Also man your argument about how it's not fair because everyone has darklight is not acurate because people taking darklight Is a responsive measure to the sheer number of cloakers, if not now then certainly back after retail release.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-10-01, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vernam
Sergeant

No extra pistol slot, I just want a grenade holster.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
Old 2003-10-01, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info
Re: Once again

Originally posted by Doppler
Also man your argument about how it's not fair because everyone has darklight is not acurate because people taking darklight Is a responsive measure to the sheer number of cloakers, if not now then certainly back after retail release.
You don't know how many people randomly turn on DL until you play an iniftrator full-time.

Old 2003-10-01, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

how do u get pictures into ur signature?
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

Old 2003-10-01, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Everay
Major General

Re: Re: Once again

Originally posted by � � � 4
You don't know how many people randomly turn on DL until you play an iniftrator full-time.

tis very true, in a large battle, about every ten seconds i turn darklight on and do a 360 turn and turn it back off
Old 2003-10-01, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

In my experience as a Cloaker most people do not have Darklight and hardly anyone has Audio Amp. On several occasions I have snuck into Base CCs and hacked them right in front of several enemies and even somtimes I escaped. Darklight is only difficult when used my MAXs guarding CCs but that is where Boomers come in.

As far as 2 pistol slots goes, its just not gonna happen. I think we all know its not going to happen at least in the near future because Infiltrators are already ausome assassins. You just have to become a master of the inventory switch. Hardcore infiltrators are usually: Adv Hack, Adv Medic, Combat Engy + vehicle and perhaps a MAX suit. In a loadout that utilizes all your abilities you have to switch up to 4 objects out of your inventory. Even with 2 pistol slots you would still be switching 3 objects. As far as the REK specifically goes, mastering infiltration under fire while getting the hack for your team and not fumbling your REK is what skill is all about. It is kinda annoying at times but it gives another way for really skilled infil/hackers a way to shine.

Finally I wanted to address the "cloakers are not team players" idea. Cloakers just do not do what other squad members do. Sometimes they follow behind for the hack, but many times they are working the edges of battle to find that AMS or doing sabotage. These are all invaluable and support the Squad in an indirect way. Also Cloakers are the best at battle rez since they can go unoticed

Old 2003-10-01, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I would just settle for a better way to switch weapons... rather than two holsters.

Maybe have designated second weapon so that if you hit shift+1 you would activate the secondary weapon of that slot.

EDIT:

Although this idea would make the decimator.... the god weapon.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-10-01, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Everay
Major General

wait, can you add the weapon to your favorets? so like you can switch out quick? i know you can with med kits.
Old 2003-10-01, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Although this idea would make the decimator.... the god weapon.
I saw the devs comment on hotswitching inventory items before and I believe this was the exact reason
Old 2003-10-01, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Indecisive
Major General

Methinks that slot 2 should be the nade hoster.

and 3 the rek, which should be built into the infil suit.
Old 2003-10-01, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Jagd
Major

No you can't, but if you right click on an item in your backpack it automagically jumps to the first slot (or second if it's a rifle). This makes swapping inventory around very simple and very fast, which is why I still don't believe they should add another pistol slot. If they were to add another pistol slot they'd have to take away backpack space, and I'm sure you guys wouldn't like that.

As for cloakers/teamplay that wasn't meant as a dis against infiltraitors, it's just that when you're used to travelling with your squad, clearing towers together, crashing your deliverer into a hotspot and jumping out guns blazing, being a cloaker is a big downer. I had fun playing as a cloaker, but only when soloing because when squadded I am inevitably drawn towards toe-to-toe combat.
Old 2003-10-01, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Once again

Originally posted by Doppler
REK Implant, that way everyone wins, not just infiltrators. How do you think us engineer medics feel just standing there fumbling for a rek and we arnt even invisible.
Wait, how do engineer medics feel? First of all, you are making a choice to have your tools in both of your pistol slots. You have two slots to begin with. Second, you still have a rifle slot so you have a gun available to you, you possibly have two rifle slots (so you can even carry your glue gun). You can easily have an REK as well as a weapon available, and still have a tool or two at your beck and call without an inventory switch. Infiltrators are the only people who have a single inventory box available, we can either choose to have the REK ready and be helpless or choose to be ready to defend ourselves and take another precious half-second or so to switch out at the right time. Considering how badly they gimped the infil class with their base benefits they could at least throw us a bone.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion