Lasher!!!!!!! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's Hamma time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-24, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Mudflap
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Krinsath
The other side of the Bio lab is you drop the gen (which is on the roof and hard to defend), whenever they run out of ammo, they're sunk. I know, I know...tactics shouldn't extend beyond "run at enemy shooting gun"...but that would solve the situation...especially since most of these lasher noobs fire as soon as the door opens whether a real target is there or not. A few extra minutes and suddenly you're just fighting a bunch of guys with knives.
That was an example, not the only scenario that this could play out in. I'm not yelling nerf, but I'm not sure what the lasher's supposed to be like without whatever bug is fubarring it atm. All I can say is, the lasher is insane right now. Having 3 guys hold a hallway against 20 is insane, no matter what they're using. The lasher is the only weapon that can do this, and it just got better.
Old 2004-02-24, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
TheN00b
Colonel

This is at least a mildly frustrating topic for me, so forgive me if I go overboard. Before anyone reads this, they should know that this statement is directed at the NC; The Terrans realyl do have a bit to complain about . The root of my frustration is that, as NC go, I consider myself a pretty fairminded one, and tend to dislike it when people cry 'Nerf!'. Last night, however, while the NC and VS were fighting it out in South-East Cyssor, the broadcasts at Pamba were filled with childish whining about the Lasher, and how 'utrly ovrpowring n cheap' it is . I mean, come one folks! How long did you have the most absolutely overpowered weapon in the entire game ???!!! You just have the use tactics to defeat. On second thoughts, that might disqualify many of the NC, who have trouble tying their own shoes!!! Outdoors, it's simple; Just switch over to the Gauss and alternatively crouch and strafe at farther away than the Lasher's optimal range. Indoors, as a couple of people have pointed out, all you need is the right combination of forces, rather than rabid Jackhammer zergs. I personally prefer a MAX swarm, backed up by a small engineer corps, but a advance squad or two of Thumper-men is also affective at softening up any resistance.

Good day-The Ranter
Old 2004-02-24, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheN00b
This is at least a mildly frustrating topic for me, so forgive me if I go overboard. Before anyone reads this, they should know that this statement is directed at the NC; The Terrans realyl do have a bit to complain about . The root of my frustration is that, as NC go, I consider myself a pretty fairminded one, and tend to dislike it when people cry 'Nerf!'. Last night, however, while the NC and VS were fighting it out in South-East Cyssor, the broadcasts at Pamba were filled with childish whining about the Lasher, and how 'utrly ovrpowring n cheap' it is . I mean, come one folks! How long did you have the most absolutely overpowered weapon in the entire game ???!!! You just have the use tactics to defeat. On second thoughts, that might disqualify many of the NC, who have trouble tying their own shoes!!! Outdoors, it's simple; Just switch over to the Gauss and alternatively crouch and strafe at farther away than the Lasher's optimal range. Indoors, as a couple of people have pointed out, all you need is the right combination of forces, rather than rabid Jackhammer zergs. I personally prefer a MAX swarm, backed up by a small engineer corps, but a advance squad or two of Thumper-men is also affective at softening up any resistance.

Good day-The Ranter
/signed
Old 2004-02-24, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Jordash01
Private

Exclamation

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=20043

Last edited by Jordash01; 2004-02-24 at 07:43 PM.
Old 2004-02-24, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
TheN00b
Colonel

JordAsh, please, please, please, please, please, please post more! You rock, my likkle private (as in the rank ) accomplice !
Old 2004-02-24, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Jordash01
Private

Thank you, I'm quite practiced in these sort of posts (if not with the PlanetSide crowd). But, FYI, I moved the post to a new topic (before I thought anyone would have read it, bleh ), with hopes that this one wouldn't get too full, and that people could still rant and rave here.
Old 2004-02-24, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Jordash01
Thank you, I'm quite practiced in these sort of posts (if not with the PlanetSide crowd). But, FYI, I moved the post to a new topic (before I thought anyone would have read it, bleh ), with hopes that this one wouldn't get too full, and that people could still rant and rave here.
Nice post, well said.
Old 2004-02-24, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Mudflap
Sergeant

No offense, but that's a pretty amazing way to turn a "Lasher is overpowered thread", which I might remind you that the Jackhammer had more than it's fair share of, into a "JH was mean so hold me" thread.

I am pleased that you agree that the lasher is overpowered in its current form though, the major difference between the lasher's current power and the JH's former power though is that the lasher has virtually none of the JH's weaknesses. That is my main reason for the rant.

The JH was short range, triple shot, switch modes, one shot, get kill. If you miss a single round, they're still alive. The lasher is medium range, spamtastic, don't need to aim, can't run away, totally outrageous damage.

How, praytell, would you like me to adapt in order to take out a weapon user that I can't get near?

Perhaps, I should stand at the top of the backdoor and use my thumper right? Well, all the damn barney balls impacting on the wall lash and kill people who are even some distance from the door. Tactic worthless. Maybe I should get a max? The lasher is THE best HA weapon aainst MAXes. Tactic worthless. Maybe I should be a cloaker? It lashes dammit. Tactic worthless. Maybe I should surge in? LOL. Tactic worthless. Maybe I should fly a reaver in there?

The lasher has no indoor weakness, at all. You can draw parallels to the JH, but for everything you say, you had the ability to adapt. Until you're on the other end of the lash, you really have no room to speak.

I know many of you are bitter about the JH, and just like to tell the NC to eat it. I've wanted to kill the damn NC surgiles as much as the TR surgiles many times, but this is a bit much.
Old 2004-02-24, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

You guys over exaggerate like little fucks. The Lasher is good, but it is only amazing because of the lashing bugs. If you can't kill a Lasher outdoors with an MA then you just plain suck. Run backwards and shoot if you are closer outdoors, the balls are still slow and easy to dodge, even the lashing damage can be avoided.

Buff the MCG, then we'll have no more bitching, unless the NC find some other bullshit to complain about.

It isn't as powerful against MAXs as you guys say. If you can't kill a guy with a lasher in an AI MAX, then you need to assess yourself and not the equipment.

Ya, and I'm pissed. Every server I go on has some bitch whining about the Lasher, and it pisses me off to come here too and find 90 % of you just plain bitching, with no constructive criticism.
Old 2004-02-24, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
scarpas
Captain

uhh... that last post was really wierd... j/k

anyway, to kill a lasher user USE JAMMER GRENADES WHY ISNT THIS COMMON SCENCE GEESH WTF IS WITH YOU PEOPLE ARRGH I JUST^ WANT TO COAT YOU PEOPLE WITH ACNE CAUSING LARD AND FRUIT COCKTAIL IN HEAVY SYRUP

PS im tr

edit, d'oh i meant plasma grenades

Last edited by scarpas; 2004-02-24 at 10:31 PM.
Old 2004-02-24, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by scarpas
uhh... that last post was really wierd... j/k

anyway, to kill a lasher user USE JAMMER GRENADES WHY ISNT THIS COMMON SCENCE GEESH WTF IS WITH YOU PEOPLE ARRGH I JUST^ WANT TO COAT YOU PEOPLE WITH ACNE CAUSING LARD AND FRUIT COCKTAIL IN HEAVY SYRUP

PS im tr

YOURE DUMB.
Old 2004-02-24, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Originally Posted by VectorModule
The recent VS winning streak explained I am posting a complaint thread all that are against the recent lasher buff please post here. I am sick of playing against vanu, and so is my outfit(Renegade Legion) We are as we speak boycotting the damn vs. Whenever I see a lasher im outta there. I have almost lost my love for the game along with many others please lets all get together and do something about this!!!!!
This coming from the almighty Renegade Legion?

I don't believe it.
[Hezzy]: gg
Old 2004-02-24, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by Spee
YOURE DUMB.
Y?

say you are next time, and make it size 5 so it stands out more... just kidding...

truce?

Last edited by scarpas; 2004-02-24 at 10:39 PM.
Old 2004-02-24, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by scarpas
Y?

Remember, Jimmy. Plasma != Jammer.
Old 2004-02-24, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
scarpas
Captain

please read my well timed edits that came in plz

truce?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion