Which MAX? - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sony killed my dog, mugged me, and cancelled Christmas. Hax.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which MAX
TR AI MAX, cant beat dual miniguns 56 37.33%
VS AI MAX, rapid fire beams all the way 34 22.67%
NC AI MAX, Who needs speed when u got shotguns? 52 34.67%
Other MAX, such as AA, AV? 8 5.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-04-01, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

TR MAX can bounce nades round corners

Annyways, you can't boost around like in tribes. The recharge time is just to long. Sides, the booster won't help much against the NC MAXs homing rockets. Will be some problems for the TR MAX i guess, for the breif time you're up in the air... But then again, the TR MAX can just lob nades over your obsticals.
Old 2003-04-01, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Zatrais
Annyways, you can't boost around like in tribes. The recharge time is just to long. Sides, the booster won't help much against the NC MAXs homing rockets. Will be some problems for the TR MAX i guess, for the breif time you're up in the air... But then again, the TR MAX can just lob nades over your obsticals.
I highly doubt those homing missles are 100% accurate. Even if they are 99% on a moderate speed target, if you take off quickly and suddenly like the VS MAX, that would foil almost ANY tracking system ever used in games. Boosting often is not the point here, it's sheer speed/distance.
BTW, are you sure about the lob on those grenades? Because if you could effectively hit something on the other side of the wall, it would be crappy AV unless you somehow snuck up on the vehicle (in a MAX, no less).
Old 2003-04-01, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by NeoTassadar
I highly doubt those homing missles are 100% accurate. Even if they are 99% on a moderate speed target, if you take off quickly and suddenly like the VS MAX, that would foil almost ANY tracking system ever used in games. Boosting often is not the point here, it's sheer speed/distance.
BTW, are you sure about the lob on those grenades? Because if you could effectively hit something on the other side of the wall, it would be crappy AV unless you somehow snuck up on the vehicle (in a MAX, no less).
You can dumbfire them, annyways i hardly had problems hitting flying players in tribes... doubt i'll have to much problem hitting a slower and bigger target like the VS MAX. Sides, from the looks of the official trailer it dosn't take off that fast or move that fast while boosting.

Not sure what you mean whit the grenade question, clarify please
Old 2003-04-01, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Fast enough, high enough. Dumbfire would be harder. The grenades' lob.
Old 2003-04-01, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
glsauron
Sergeant

The TR AV MAX (travmax) weapon is the pounder. It fires twin granades. The granades can be set to either exlope on contact, or can be set to explode at 2 seconds, whether thats from launch or from first contact we dont know (or I dont). So if a travmax locks down and then starts lobbing granades wildly. Somebody is gonna get real hurt. AoE and decent damage too.

Id almost think its better then the AI weapon, but the AI wep will be most usefull indoors at corridor defense. Try that with a pounder and your gonna kill yourself. But corners make an interesting possibility.
Old 2003-04-01, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by MiniOrca
well im not going to compare to tribes either but i was flying around with my jetpack one day and saw a juggernaugt armor (i was in scout) his aiming SUCKED. And i happened to be good at aiming. I take out a spinfusor(high dmg, slow refire rate, explosive disc shooter) jumped all over the place and pounded the ground near him. I was hardely touching him. Then he takes out dual chainguns and shoots all over the place hitting me rarely but eventually i died, so thats what got me into the idea of haing a MAX in the first place. Anyway i know it wont be like that in PS but i do have the feeling in a MAX you will be able to take out multiple troops at a time.
Yeah I know the mod. Shifter, great mod for casual play. I always play that when I'm tired.

The thing is, nukes aside, I honestly can't remember EVER getting killed by a Juggernaught. Especially in Scout armor -- I don't hit the ground next to Juggernaughts, I nail their asses exactly -- because I am LEET!

Although seriously in that situation I would just ski far enough out of his active chaingun range to kill him with my laser rifle, because taking out a Jugg is a big job and I would'nt waste discs on it . . . kind of silly to be sitting back plinking away at him, but then again, a one-on-one in the open between a Juggernaught and a Scout is kind of funny.

Anyways, back on topic -- it all depends on the jumpjets. Until I know what those are like, until I've played as a Vanu MAX, I really won't have anything other than speculation. Maybe the wait for them to reload is just too long. Maybe AA weapons can acquire a jumping MAX just too fast. Maybe maybe maybe.

When Open Beta kicks off, then I'll know.
Old 2003-04-01, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
MiniOrca
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by mr_luc

Anyways, back on topic -- it all depends on the jumpjets. Until I know what those are like, until I've played as a Vanu MAX, I really won't have anything other than speculation. Maybe the wait for them to reload is just too long. Maybe AA weapons can acquire a jumping MAX just too fast. Maybe maybe maybe.

When Open Beta kicks off, then I'll know.

very true, very true. Until then i guess we all have out own personal opinions, hehe
Old 2003-04-02, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
glsauron
Sergeant

Originally posted by mr_luc
Reload is twice as long to recharge as it took to use um, and when your in air you cant change direction. Its whatever you were doing at the time of launch.

VSJJs=Useless.

Locked TRAVMAX vs Shielded NCAVMAX depends on the hallway and support. If its really long TR has the advantage of time. Wear out the shield and drop the NC. If its short the NC can just shoot the guy till he drops. Or have a Med strafe in, launch a rocklet, and then strafe out again. Then launch a cople nades and the TR is in shreds.
Course, the TR can have support too.
I think in hallways the shield wont actually be used by NC too much. 1/2 the fire rate is a big draw on your power. Shield would have to be a done deal (nothing gets through and nothing drops the power except for energy supply, meaning time) for the shiedl to have a big play.

As always, we wait

And dont forget that even after release TONS of stuff will change every month. So the lock may be more powerful one month and the shield the next...Sorry VS, you just get to use Meds
Old 2003-04-03, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
NeoDrgnMech
Sergeant

Originally posted by glsauron
Reload is twice as long to recharge as it took to use um, and when your in air you cant change direction. Its whatever you were doing at the time of launch.

VSJJs=Useless.
If you've played Mechwarrior 4, you'd know how annoying those useless JJ's can be. Nothing like a group of 4-5 mechs hanging out behind a wall, using their JJ to just crest the wall, fire off a salvo, and drop down before anyone gets a shot off. After a couple times it starts looking like a whack-a-mole game. Then when everyone's got their crosshairs aimed at that wall, waiting for them to pop-up, they've already moved over to another area and are still causing havoc...

Hmmm...actually, that don't sound like a bad idea for PS...*writes it down*...

The Vanu Alliance. WE HAVE POINTY STICKS!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion