SOE balancing TR MAXs! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I once had a crush on you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-05, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Plato
Sergeant

When you snipe us from afar with the Lancer do we not curse?
When you shoot us unseen with the Phoenix do we not dispair?
When you flank us with a Decimator do we not hit the dirt?

-- The TR MAX
Old 2003-06-05, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I fully agree with that last statement that Spork said and the fact that they're nerfing the TR MAXs rather than bring the other empire's up to par. Why is that? Well... I play as TR now. They are Captain Carnage in a Can. Seeing all the complaints of how good our MAXs our, if the others' were brought up to par the complaints would change to the original, "OMG maxes our to good!!! THye kill liek 30 people before theyy die and rar to good so MKae are wepaons more powerful to bllow up teh maxes faster plz." See where I'm going with this?

However, I cannot fully agree with the nerf of the TR MAXs. Why is this you ask? Well, they were fine the way they were before. I liked them that way. Why do they need to mess up a good thing and change it? You may see that I play on teh TR, but that does not mean I neccessarily want the TR to be overpowered. Of course not! I want balance. I have done extensive testing, and have found that I would enjoy the MAX more if it stayed the way it is now. Those are my facts and arguments. You can take it as you will, but I will say this:

LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH MUTHA-FUCKAS!!!! Muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahor!
Old 2003-06-05, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ducimus
Sergeant

And so it begins the rounds of nerfing.

All the whining will have everything fubared.

You whine about my side, i whine about yours. Its a vicious circle.

Next on the chopping block:

Jackhammer
Cycler
Lancer (or whateverr the VS Av weapon is that they snipe with)
Stiker
Vanguard
Reavers
etc etc etc.. it never ends does it?
Old 2003-06-05, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Plato
When you snipe us from afar with the Lancer do we not curse?
When you shoot us unseen with the Phoenix do we not dispair?
When you flank us with a Decimator do we not hit the dirt?

-- The TR MAX

That's sig worthy
Old 2003-06-05, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MilitantB0B
Colonel

You guys do realize that all theese n00bs are going to keep complaining until everything that can kill them is removed from the game. Then they will quit because they can't kill anyone else. Every game goes down this road, unfortunatley, so enjoy the game while you can before you see cyclers shooting little foam pellets, and vanguards lobbing water ballons over base walls. Stupid n00bs.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheJingle
Private

Gimme a break , the TR maxes were both significantly better than the others ( not including AA ) , theyre bringing them down a bit , and everyone whines about the "VS and NC whiners" I wonder why VS and NC never bitch about eachother being overpowered? I bet its some sort of conspiracy against the TR eh? I dont think the TR is overpowered in any way beside their maxes needing to be brought down a bit . Both of them are much better at killing infantry than the Vanu AI is , and the DC is better at killing vehicles than the Vanu AV , but thats ok right? I just suppose every VS player is alot less skilled than TR right? .
TR maxes are both alot more powerful than VS maxes , not so sure how they stack up to NC maxes ( havent played NC) , but if you took say a DC max versus either the AI or AV max of the VS , outside , it would be somewhat even with jumpjets , but the TR would still probably win if they were equally skilled . INDOORS the TR would 100% rape it , without even locking down , but thats ok right? I wont even begin to talk about how much faster they kill infantry than the VS maxes . I realize a couple decimators will take one out , but it will do the same to a VS or NC too , and its not all that easy to take out a TR max with a decimator when hes bouncing shots around corners ate you or youre in a tight area . I dont think the TR should get a massive nerf , but they should be brought down closer to the lvl of the other MAXes . If you are gonna cry and quit the game because they nerfed your overpowered killing machine a bit then good riddance .
Old 2003-06-05, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Don't they see that this move is just going to fuel the whinners?

Even if their change was purely from looking at the numbers, people will perceive that the "queeky wheel" syndrom will be what fixed it.

If they are tweeking down the TR maxes because they were superiour to their counter-parts, why not just increase the NC and Vanu? I think that such a blatant nerf at this point in the game is very dangerous from a PR standpoint.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-05, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ducimus
Sergeant

You know i cant wait tell they eventually nerf the jackhammer.

If they hit TR MAX's (one of TR's strong points), almost garunteed they look into jackhammers (one of NCs strong points) sooner or later.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Ducimus
You know i cant wait tell they eventually nerf the jackhammer.

If they hit TR MAX's (one of TR's strong points), almost garunteed they look into jackhammers (one of NCs strong points) sooner or later.
Unfortuanatley so. We will all get a visit from the nerf bat.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
ReneG8
Corporal

I laugh at people who say "whiners win again!"

Just because they whine themselves, and because they cant let go of their so beloved weapon.
Thats pathetic, guys, show some common sense! Dont you think, when everyone is complaining about Tr maxes, and is showing some real arguments, he could be (just a little bit) right?

But no, since you guys obviously ate the ultimate fruit of truth (or whatever), nobody else can be right.

If youre a MAX player, tr max that is, start counting how many people you killed, before getting killed!

Then be honest and argue again. But dont use "the whiners win!", because that makes you no better than these "whiners" you complain about.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I prefer the nerf guns actually, nothing like raining spongey darty suction cup tip death onto others
Old 2003-06-05, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Searo
Second Lieutenant

The problem with them is, the AV Max (Cyclers) is good against Inf and Vehicles. The AI (Pounders) Max is great against Inf and vehicles. NC and VS MAXes are more set in their roles, and are not so capable against what they weren't designed to destroy.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Ducimus
Sergeant

>>You guys do realize that all theese n00bs are going to keep complaining until everything that can kill them is removed from the game

For this reason i think i may cancel when i get home. Fact is people hate getting owned. So when something consistantly owns them they get angry and bitch about it. this is so for players of all sides, its almost like personal vendetta on messageboards to bitch about how this is overpowered, that is weak, etc.

So while NC and VS players are rejoicing, i think their victory in the whine department is short lived. What they have done works both ways, and i, and many others will be returning the favor im sure. Or i might just cancel and save myself the frustration. But at any rate, this is sony and verant no?

The nerf bat is just getting warmed up.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by ReneG8
I laugh at people who say "whiners win again!"

Just because they whine themselves, and because they cant let go of their so beloved weapon.
Thats pathetic, guys, show some common sense! Dont you think, when everyone is complaining about Tr maxes, and is showing some real arguments, he could be (just a little bit) right?

But no, since you guys obviously ate the ultimate fruit of truth (or whatever), nobody else can be right.

If youre a MAX player, tr max that is, start counting how many people you killed, before getting killed!

Then be honest and argue again. But dont use "the whiners win!", because that makes you no better than these "whiners" you complain about.
We aren't making the arguemnet that the TR MAX was at the same level as the rest, we where simply saying that SOE should have boosted VS and NC MAXs up to the TR level, instead they are going to nerf TR. Once you get on the nerf train, you can't get off before the end of the line. Now that they have given into whiners with nerfs (not balanceing through boosting the less powered) everything will go before the mighty nerf chopping block. It will be the vanguard, the jackhammer, the lancer, the striker, the Magrider, heck, they'll nerf everything if you give them enough time. i just hope the people SOE don't give into every stupid little whiny request from the general populace.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Yes Bob (not starrider )... we all get whacked in the face with that disfiguring stick made of nerf eventually. It's as assured as death and taxes.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion