The Planetside Commandments - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Advanced means the same thing as better." -Doobz
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-12-02, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
starbum
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The Planetside Commandments

I'm compiling a list of commandments to present to the Devs. These are all huge frustrations with me with the current planetside. Please, I'm inviting everyone to contribute their own requests/commandments to the developers. Once we're done I guess we'll post them on the official boards.

(I think its just a unique way to introduce our frustrations. Please, be serious with your commandments and be constructive.)

The Planetside Commandments

1. Thou shalt burn down the BWGs. The reasoning? The game is too small at the moment and there is no sense of scale to the game anymore. Before players fought on a HUGE world that would take a galaxy upwards of 15 minutes to reach its destination. A galaxy pilot was an absolute must for any squad and true tactics of logistics were evident. There was a reason to use transports in the game and now they're primarily another gun platform. Long gone are the days of massive empire convoys and the forced dependability on other players to get around in the game. There was also a huge sense of a 'front line' in the game. Now the battles are riddled all over the place and the reasoning behind the fights has all but disappeared. No longer are people rushing to defend the home continents, there isn�t much of a reason to.

2. Thou shalt make the galaxy map easier to read and navigate. There were subtle improvements to the map before but we still feel it isn�t enough. The old map would tell you exactly how the world looked and where you could send forces...now its a fumbling of finding which continents you can try to get to get to a certain warp gate to get to a certain place. The available warpgate links should already be in focus and shown on the map without any clicks. (I.e.: If you can travel across those links, they should show up without having to bring focus to the continent)

3. Thou shalt make more animations. We're tired of just the chest thump and the cabbage patch.

3. Thou shalt shorten respawn time. I cannot stress enough how many times I have lost my adrenaline rush because I had to wait half a minute to get back into the action.

4. Thou shalt kill the memory leak issues. Again, seriously, why should a game suck up every bit of memory so quickly and turn a machine that can run Half Life 2 smoothly yet only get 3 FPS with Planetside. There are serious performance issues to address and fast.

5. Thou shalt make multiple chat windows stay in place. Its frustrating that you go into the game and have to re-create all the chat windows and do all their settings each time. Can Planetside PLEASE keep this info saved?

6. Thou shalt STOP RESETTING KEY BINDINGS. I'm sick and tired of resetting all my keys each time planetside makes a patch. Make it happen without resetting user's settings....please.

7. Thou shalt...

Add your own!
Old 2004-12-02, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GeneralRazor
Master Sergeant

Thou shalt form the game around himself....^^^
Old 2004-12-03, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

starbum has spoken, silence mortal!

2 I'm unsure about since it's not THAT difficult to navigate. 3.... well I'd rather have the devs work on new bases and the like, but I guess if T-Ray gets bored then this is fine
Old 2004-12-03, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sabinius
First Sergeant

Thou Shalt stop spending all of your time
bfr balancing and do something else OR get started
on that friggin naval expansion

Thou Shalt Make me PSU owner
and martyrs all time lover

(First one serious)
(as well as second one )

If you push hard enough, it'll fit.
Old 2004-12-03, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

fix the aphelion's weapons (they mixed up the starfire and laser models)
Old 2004-12-03, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Starbum, you have two 3rd Commandments...

1. Before suggesting this, you might want to think up some ideas for alternative incentives to capturing continental capitols.

3. On the animations: Yes, please. On the respawn timers: Hell, no. Long spawn timers encourage players to try to stay alive or wait for an adv. medic.
Old 2004-12-04, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
starbum
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BlackHawk
Starbum, you have two 3rd Commandments...

1. Before suggesting this, you might want to think up some ideas for alternative incentives to capturing continental capitols.

3. On the animations: Yes, please. On the respawn timers: Hell, no. Long spawn timers encourage players to try to stay alive or wait for an adv. medic.

Alternative incentives? Besides that it has a friggen super-shield?

I understand the argument on the long timers to encourage non-deathness... I just feel its too sensitive to increase the timer. At *least* do that.
Old 2004-12-04, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Apocolypse55
Corporal

Thou shalt remove the BFRs from PlanetSide indefinately.
Thou shalt advertise for PlanetSide more effectively to bring in new players.
Old 2004-12-05, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Thou shalt stop, collaborate, and listen...

= Crack addict
Old 2004-12-06, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Thou shalt kill

OR

Thou shalt returnith the spawn door bug, and reign hell upon the nooblets of Whatside as in the days of old, ah-men.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-12-06, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
CassH
Staff Sergeant

Thou shalt make things require more skill and not point +click

Thou shalt make vehicals require drivers test, it is a certification for gods sake.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion