Sony sends you an announcement when you've been appealed for cheating? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I like your socks, might I fondle them?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-12-27, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Traak
Colonel

Sony sends you an announcement when you've been appealed for cheating?

LOL OMG! Some guy told me this, that he had been appealed 25 times for cheating.

Does this mean Sony does something like this:

"Attention xCheater. You have been appealed for cheating. Since you have received this e-mail, you are now aware that over the next few minutes, after the next time you log on, we are obliged to act like we care, and see if you are cheating all the time and so blatantly, that a blind, retarded monkey could see it.

This is not a warning that you should turn off your cheats for a little while so we can get this over with without catching you. No. It is just to inform you that someone has dared to suggest that you are a cheater, and we know nothing of such a kind exists."

Wow. I am really not surprised that they don't catch them. It's like warning a child molester that in six months, to the day, here's the time of day, we will be examining your house for evidence of the 27 children that have disappeared since you, registered sex offender, have moved into this neighborhood, and the highest density of disappearees is from closest to your house.

Wow. How amazingly broken.
Old 2011-12-27, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info
Re: Sony sends you an announcement when you've been appealed for cheating?

You sir, have been trolled hardcore.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-27, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Traak
Colonel

Oh. But it was in chat in PS. This guy was going on about how he'd been appealed 25 times... made me wonder: "How do you know?"
Old 2011-12-27, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I can assure, you I've more then likely been appealed multiple times. Seeing as individuals from Azure Twilight, NC Spec Ops, and Outcasters assured me I was being mass appealed for cheating, and each had about 20+ members on at the time. For the number of hate/hacker tells I've received from other members of the community, I wouldn't be surprised to learn I have 100+ appeals on file. BUT, I don't know.

I have NEVER received an announcement of any sort that I was being monitored for suspicious behavior. The guy was clearly making up a number to grate on your nerves. Or maybe if you ask SOE nicely they'll let you see your report record.

Last edited by Effective; 2011-12-27 at 01:24 AM.
Old 2011-12-27, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SKYeXile
Major General

yea you dont get a message if you have been appealed for cheating :P

A Gm will watch you without you knowing or talk to you and ask you to move or fire or something....in which case you would press a button and turn-off whichever cheat you were using and act normal.

you been played.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-12-27 at 01:32 AM.
Old 2011-12-27, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Traak
Colonel

Ah, I see. Well, that's reassuring. It sure looked like a busted system.
Old 2011-12-29, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
jollytraveller
Private

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
I can assure, you I've more then likely been appealed multiple times. Seeing as individuals from Azure Twilight, NC Spec Ops, and Outcasters assured me I was being mass appealed for cheating, and each had about 20+ members on at the time. For the number of hate/hacker tells I've received from other members of the community, I wouldn't be surprised to learn I have 100+ appeals on file. BUT, I don't know.

I have NEVER received an announcement of any sort that I was being monitored for suspicious behavior. The guy was clearly making up a number to grate on your nerves. Or maybe if you ask SOE nicely they'll let you see your report record.
You hack, n00b!
Old 2011-12-31, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

I'd doubt OC has mass appealed you (and hope not). I've never heard us doing that. Whytry had said something similar in the past.

I may be wrong but I don't know we've mass appealed anyone as a 'mass event'. I've appealed individuals, including someone the day before yesterday when I saw this person using ROF, this person's name was repeated multiple times on command chat.

If we have mass appealed, I apologise. In general I am not in favour of mass 'anythings'. If someone saw a obvious cheat then they appeal but not get anyone else to do the same who also didn't see it for themselves (And I mean obvious cheat of the rickrolled variety).
Old 2011-12-31, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
I'd doubt OC has mass appealed you (and hope not). I've never heard us doing that. Whytry had said something similar in the past.

I may be wrong but I don't know we've mass appealed anyone as a 'mass event'. I've appealed individuals, including someone the day before yesterday when I saw this person using ROF, this person's name was repeated multiple times on command chat.

If we have mass appealed, I apologise. In general I am not in favour of mass 'anythings'. If someone saw a obvious cheat then they appeal but not get anyone else to do the same who also didn't see it for themselves (And I mean obvious cheat of the rickrolled variety).
It might have just been CUPID doing the usual hacker spam tells.
Mowed down 4-5 OC back to back, CUPID being the first and he started...
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...lls/CUPID1.jpg
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...lls/CUPID2.jpg

Old 2012-01-01, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ringring
Contributor
General

It might have just been CUPID doing the usual hacker spam tells.
Mowed down 4-5 OC back to back, CUPID being the first and he started...
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...lls/CUPID1.jpg
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...lls/CUPID2.jpg
It all becomes clear.
Cupid is a nice guy, he really is but I can see that wouldn't be immediately obvious if you're on the end of similar tells.
Old 2012-01-01, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
It all becomes clear.
Cupid is a nice guy, he really is but I can see that wouldn't be immediately obvious if you're on the end of similar tells.
People tend to get angry over the weirdest things. The anonymity offered by the internet also tends to lower boundaries on things one wouldn't say in public.

Old 2012-01-01, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yeah, I always flip out on TRxEffect when he EMPs my mines. Asshole fucking Grenade RoF hacker... <3

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion