PlanetSiders/Tribers? - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to addiction!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-10, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Tekneke
Private

I played t1!Was my first PC game and i loved it....i started of playing ultra ren (noob mod ) then i was introduced to Renegades by a friend named Axle. Brute Force....ahhh good times! And at the ed of my run i got into arena....

ShoutOut to the whole BF clan.. And if you guys are puttin an outfit together...hit me upp0rz :P

- teh seksi bish a.k.a. Bizzy
Old 2003-03-10, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

I just registered today, I'm a Triber (Tribes 1), and I did NOT do it in preparation for the forum invasion tomorrow. (Btw HILARIOUS thread Sir Lucious, too bad it got locked -- I don't think most PSer's have TW's sophisticated sense of humor, and ps -- moderators who know TW can confirm I am NOT Sir Lucious, even though we both have Luc in our names).

Anyways, given the general level of Dave G-hating that's being tossed around here, I'm kind of depressed that I mentioned Tribes at all in my beta application. I mean, I really want to beta this game . . . I would be such a l33t little betaboy, I can document like a MAD crazy mofo. But even if they didn't have a million other applicants, there's no way they will accept someone that put "I loved Tribes 1, and I liked Tribes 2 all right" on their beta app (or something like that).

Anyhoo, I'm fair-to-middlin' leet, even though I'm mostly a pubber. I still play Tribes 1 religiously, and don't even whore tribalwar that much, which should help dispell the myth that ALL Tribes 1 wh0res are just loudmouthed malcontents with no brains who don't even play the games any more, they just want to bitch.

Although, honestly. I think most of us hate Dave G in the same way we hate orbital123 -- we'd ban him if the opportunity presented itself, but we love to hate him too much to REALLY get rid of him. He's part of the Tribes Universe now, like it or not -- part of the legend, the myth. He will forever go down as the greatest villain in Tribes history! Long live/die Dave G!

Btw, any good Triber outfits starting up? I kind of want to be a Vanue just because of the jetpack . . . but . . . man, I'm so worried that the Vanu heavies were given the jetpack to lure all the Tribers there, so they could be nerfed. I mean, wasn't there an interview where a dev team guy said that they all kind of made fun of the Vanu for looking kind of gay?

Anyways, heh, it's all good. Hopefully, Planetside will be better than DAoC. DAoC had a good idea, but it just failed to SATISFY . . .
Old 2003-03-10, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Payback
Private

Originally posted by mr_luc
Anyways, heh, it's all good. Hopefully, Planetside will be better than DAoC. DAoC had a good idea, but it just failed to SATISFY . . .
DAoC is based off Mythic's text game almost to the T. DAoC is basically the text game with graphics, and then they of course did some MAJOR overhauls of the classes and whatnot cuz the game is forever in a state of "unbalance". But the concept of 3 realms, idols (wait, they call 'em runes or somethign don't they? oh yeah relics), realm points, etc. it's all in the text MUD.

The one great thing about DAoC is that it sounds like Mythic actually gives a crap about them, whereas the text MUD is in the crapper (obviously its a $$$ issue, but they could at least humor loyal fans of 7+ years by giving them a programmer to FIX the game.....)
Old 2003-03-10, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
EMAA
Private

9t9's internet penis just grew exponentially
"I am considered one of the best HO in the game"

rawr, modesty in its finest hour
100_grand
Old 2003-03-10, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
triple
Private

I just realized im still paying for daoc, yet havent played it in months. wtf?

(btw, t2 since release, last team was intensity who is currently #3 on twl classic)
Old 2003-03-11, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
AtomicKaiser
Private

I thought you were on KGB..........
Old 2003-03-11, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
triple
Private

Originally posted by AtomicKaiser
I thought you were on KGB..........
im talking about when i actually played t2, not just idled in the irc rooms.
Old 2003-03-11, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
ZooL
Private

Originally posted by ABRAXAAS
Well tribes 2 sucked I hated the jetpacks ,im gonna be pissed if this game plays to much like Tribes
your gonna be pissed cause the guy that sunk Tribes2 and dynamix is developing your lil game here. prepare your life preservers. Rats leave ships.
Old 2003-03-11, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #189
AtomicKaiser
Private

Originally posted by triple
im talking about when i actually played t2, not just idled in the irc rooms.
That must have been back when intensity first came about. I can't say that I memorized rosters, but it seems like you left before they became known as "naturally Intense" :]

Intensity is a prety good T2 team.
Old 2003-03-11, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #190
AtomicKaiser
Private

Originally posted by ZooL
your gonna be pissed cause the guy that sunk Tribes2 and dynamix is developing your lil game here. prepare your life preservers. Rats leave ships.
It's like watching a golfer line up a tee-off :]
Old 2003-03-11, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #191
triple
Private

Originally posted by AtomicKaiser
That must have been back when intensity first came about. I can't say that I memorized rosters, but it seems like you left before they became known as "naturally Intense" :]

Intensity is a prety good T2 team.
lol yea, i never got a shot to match play with em

scrimmed, mostly. this all when classic was in beta around UVA4-on

then i decided i had to devote time to other shit (like forum whoring!) and now i just hang around in the irc making fun of random people
Old 2003-03-11, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #192
AtomicKaiser
Private

Forum whoring can be a full-time job. Too bad the pay sucks :[
Old 2003-03-11, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #193
NiNe-t-NiNe
Private

Originally posted by [EMAA]
9t9's internet penis just grew exponentially
"I am considered one of the best HO in the game"

rawr, modesty in its finest hour
100_grand
duh. but its true anyways
Old 2003-03-11, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #194
g0ds gReeN
Private

Originally posted by chaingun
hah. firecracker is bsing. If you were in the smurfs, then you weren't in 5150. For those of you who don't know, 5150 was like THE best team in t2. Just the way you type gives it away that you were never apart of 5150.
u forgot t1 you t2 newb
Old 2003-03-11, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #195
MindTrigger
Private

Payback,

I would have to be pretty stupid to think planetside was "Tribes 3" or whatever. What I meant was that planetside will have the game depth Tribes 2 should have had.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion