News: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sometimes I sniff my sisters panties.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-15, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #211
etheral
Corporal

Re: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key

Originally Posted by Mightymouser View Post
From a 'what we're owed' stand point I'd agree. I don't think anyone (worth listening to) is actually claiming we have some legal right to special treatment in PS2. On the other hand, in terms of ability to play test the game, and understand it's particulars, long time PS players certainly have insights which non-PS players likely do not. I'm not saying that every PS1-vet's feedback should outweigh any non-vet's feedback; rather I'm noting that there are many players from PS1 who have a great deal better understanding of how the only game like PS2 (i.e., PS1) works, than someone off the street. Also, long time vets have proven a devotion to the game which is important when considering a playtester's feedback. Many playtesters play the beta and never even buy the released game; these folks shouldn't be determining the style of the game for die-hard PS players who have proven a devotion to the PS franchise.

Yes, PS2 is going to be different from PS1; however, since the latter is largely based off the former, it's reasonable to assume there are going to be many overlapping areas. Therefore it is certainly reasonable to say that veteran PS1 players will have greater insight into how PS2 should be developed. I'd draw an equivalency to two CR5's arguing over how a fight should go in PS1; one who is a multi-year veteran CR5, and the other who just got his backpack. The older CR5 likely has a much greater understanding of how the fight will progress, and can foresee how certain events will unfold much better than the new CR5. I think that same idea can carry over to the new game, in that older vets can look at a situation and have a better idea how that situation will work out in the long run, as opposed to someone who has only played standard FPSes (or standard MMORPGs). Obviously, you get good players and bad in both cases; but I think on the whole, long time PS1 vets are more likely to provide insightful feedback.

All of that said; we don't really know what they're going to do until they tell us more, so we'll just have to wait and see...
I can see the sense of that

However, we know next to nothing about the nitty gritty of PS2's gameplay (though i imagine this will soon change), so it may be that most of what us PS1 vets learned over the years is useless in the context of PS2. The only real advantage guys like us would have over a completely new player is organisational skill.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Nah the point is, I'm from Europe, but I have some relatives in Canada, so I was wondering if I can ask them to send me the issue.
Ask them to go to a "Chapters" or "Indigo" and they will find PCGamer magazines in those stores. Its the nation-wide chain and I guarantee they'll stock them.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Shit, I can't sleep now. DAMN IT!

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
Ask them to go to a "Chapters" or "Indigo" and they will find PCGamer magazines in those stores. Its the nation-wide chain and I guarantee they'll stock them.
Thank you very much, good sir!

EDIT:
I can't figure out if I need that magazine. Too much confusion! I still don't understand if unsubbed PS1 players will enter the first beta stage. And if they do, will it be like 100% of the PS1 players who bought the original game?
Arggggghhhh... *ANGER*CONFUSION*

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-02-15 at 05:12 PM.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
Whoknowswhat1
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by KALU View Post
somehow i dont think the numbers will be that great all in one spot although it would be interesting. I will be happy with the numbers we had in PS1 i.e: 300x300x300 at peak
At one point one of the Devs said something along the lines of "Thousands of players battling for a singe objective"

I think it would be safe to assume that that would be more than 300 Cubed

Mess with the best, Die like the rest
Old 2012-02-15, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
KALU
Master Sergeant

hahahaha This post in on FIRE!!!! loving it!

Its like the night before Christmas!!!!
Old 2012-02-15, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #217
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

only everyone gets presents regardless if they are good or bad, lol.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
waldizzo
Contributor
First Sergeant

I'm very much looking forward to everyone getting their hands on the beta. So many questions will be answered in such a short period of time. Can finally start getting some videos out (assuming no restrictive NDA) and get some fan generated hype going. Good times ahead!
Old 2012-02-15, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
joemonkey
Private

Originally Posted by Whoknowswhat1 View Post
At one point one of the Devs said something along the lines of "Thousands of players battling for a singe objective"

I think it would be safe to assume that that would be more than 300 Cubed
300 cubed = 27,000,000 so yeah....I can hope for that as well, but I dunno
Old 2012-02-15, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

This thread has been growing faster than my tired eyes can read... desperately seeking the end so I can post and then get some sleep.

*ahem*

Hurray!

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-15, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

We are very glad to see everyone so excited about the PC Gamer cover and Beta keys. I'm seeing a lot of speculation and rumor flying around in this thread. Danicia has cleared up everything we'll be able to at the moment. We will of course provide more information as it becomes available.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
Whoknowswhat1
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by joemonkey View Post
300 cubed = 27,000,000 so yeah....I can hope for that as well, but I dunno
300 cubed meaning 300x300x300 instead of 300v300v300. i thought it was a sick way of saying it lol.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest
Old 2012-02-15, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
We are very glad to see everyone so excited about the PC Gamer cover and Beta keys. I'm seeing a lot of speculation and rumor flying around in this thread. Danicia has cleared up everything we'll be able to at the moment. We will of course provide more information as it becomes available.
I just wish you could say when it actually starts
Old 2012-02-15, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by BigBossMonkey View Post
be patient
Old 2012-02-15, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by BigBossMonkey View Post
I honestly think they can't say for sure themselves. I won't be surprised if the beta doesn't start with the PCG issue, but rather gives you the key for later access.

Yeah, /flameon

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion