Am I blind or is NC overpowered. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to addiction!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-02, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
MGP
Sergeant

Re: Am I blind or is NC overpowered.

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
So you are saying that you are a really bad pilot?
If you really think what Reaver is the inferior ESF, i'd like to challenge you to 1-on-1 air duel. Pick whatever ESF you feel superior. Put whatever upgrades you want and send me a /tell in game at around 20:00 CET today. My NC character is MGPNC on Miller. I'll be waiting.

Last edited by MGP; 2013-04-02 at 08:00 AM.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
...I didn't even know that...

Fuck, most everyone in my Outfit runs Duel Mercy...
You can actually see it occur in the VR.

Old 2013-04-02, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Is the NC overpowered?? Hmm...I guess so since we are better than everybody else.

You jelly???
Old 2013-04-02, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Zakuak
Private

I played NC up until two weeks ago, got to BR 61, Mostly HA and about 150hrs (IIRC) solo Lib'n. I started NC at launch (well around launch) and had a good time. I had some frustrations with my LMG's but made them work. Max suit was fun in CQB no doubt =).

I have played TR the past two weeks and I think I am BR 35, TMG 50 is wicked fun! Its all about rounds on target and TR weapons are much easier to do this with IMO. I love the TR HA suit.....that suit is why I got into PS2 (well kinda) but my EVE alliance I played with went NC so I hung out until they all migrated back to EVE and now I'm TR, muahaha.

I'm not a badass 4/0 KDR player...I will throw myself into the fray on a whim with out regard to my KDR. I think I am around 1.4 KDR on both cahracters.

Anyways, seems right at the time I got fed up with the nasty BLUE of NC and wanted to try out TR ( two weeks ago), something happened to NC on Waterson. We NC always put up a good fight on Jaeger and Waterson but TR took what they want, when they wanted, as of two weeks ago this has changed. Maybe NC got better cross outfit command structure? I dunno but INDAR has been neutral since server merge until NC took it this weekend, pretty impressive.

IMO good for NC, I do not think they are OP but they do have some decisive tools at their disposal in situations that are the tipping points of power in game ie. capturing points, the Scat Max being the biggy.

NC has also seen a influx of players as of late and they all seem to be fielding shotguns, pheonix's and Max suits lol. When I was NC we never had POP advantage, now it's not uncommon to see NC even or close to TR on world pop.

All in all, good times for me. I had a blast as NC, good outfits and friends. TR has been kind to me with regard to equipment, I love the looks and feel of all the gear...I do miss my Cert maxed Lib tho =(
Old 2013-04-02, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Zakuak View Post
NC has also seen a influx of players as of late and they all seem to be fielding shotguns, pheonix's and Max suits lol. When I was NC we never had POP advantage, now it's not uncommon to see NC even or close to TR on world pop.
I switched to TR from VS and I can't stop playing them because of the gear/looks.

I play TR on Waterson and it's not uncommon to see NC with higher server pop now. I've seen it as much as 3% higher than TR during prime time. Something must have happened.. there are a lot more NC for sure.
Old 2013-04-02, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
You're always going to lose arguments about Planetside when you go the 'realism' route, unless you want to argue the 'realism' of nanite reconstruction, floating plasma tanks, and certification points.
I think even in games you can expect certain things to be comparable to their real life equivalent. Furthermore, look at the date on the story line. The war breaks out in the year 2865. Nanite reconstruction wouldd certainly be possible by that time, consider what we've done so far. I'm a mechanical engineer, granted I don't deal with nano technologies, but look at this:
http://www.livescience.com/427-world-smallest-car.html

Plasma weapons could be possible, and we already have Mag lev. I've built those, perhaps Auraxias just happen to have a high enough iron content, or the methods became better? I don't recall them being specified as "anti-gravity", just "hover". So the method could be left to interpretation.

Also, cert points could just be like being rewarded with special requisitions for battlefield heroics. Not that different than privileges associated with certain medals. Like never having to buy your own drink at a bar again with some medals now adays...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion