RoF question - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If it were a sex, it'd be female. If so she's mine, hands off.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-07, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shiftfaced
Private

RoF question

I have newly discovered this game in the recent weeks and have been on the hunt for content which will help me decide which faction I want to pick. I plan on playing them all at beta but I have a question about rate of fire.

I've read that the N.C. have a slower rate of fire but more accuracy and harder hitting than the T.R. Who have a quicker RoF but worse accuracy. My question is has anyone figured out the exact RoF. I'm talking numbers like 650 shots per min, etc. Also throughout the certification tree, do you believe it will be possible to up the RoF of a specific gun. I was watching an older youtube video and the guy said they made it where you can make guns similar to other factions through the certification trees.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
maskedskull
Sergeant

Re: RoF question

Because everything is in beta it will be difficult to tell however from things that I have seen I;m sure there will be a stats page for each weapon either in game or on one of the mobile/pc apps that tell you this on launch
Old 2012-06-07, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Originally Posted by Shiftfaced View Post
I've read that the N.C. have a slower rate of fire but more accuracy and harder hitting than the T.R. Who have a quicker RoF but worse accuracy. My question is has anyone figured out the exact RoF.
None of the numbers are nailed down, and even within a given faction, you might have N different assault rifles (for example) each with different trade-offs in terms of their capabilities (range, accuracy, RoF, recoil, ammo capacity, etc, etc, etc). So if you took the slowest/hardest hitting assault rifle for the TR, it might feel a lot like the NC base-line weapon (maybe even exactly the same).

Originally Posted by Shiftfaced View Post
Also throughout the certification tree, do you believe it will be possible to up the RoF of a specific gun.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I'd be shocked if you couldn't, but again, numbers aren't nailed down.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Shiftfaced
Private

After doing some counting in my head and some basic math I came up with some light assault numbers. Tr was roughly 700 to 800. Vs was roughly 650 to 700. And nc was sub 600. Like I said this was from watching e3 streams and counting off seconds in my head so nothing too accurate.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions