A few questions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now 10% less pointy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-23, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
endGame
Private

A few questions

I couldn't find the answers to these while perusing psu, so I was hoping some of you could help.

I've been looking for a list of vehicles someone can pilot in reinforced armor. I read that you can pilot anything with an "open top", and I believe they specifically mentioned the harasser (open top?). Anyone know which vehicles qualify?

How does the automatic reload work with weapons? If I have a supressor that can use both regular and piercing ammo - and both are in my inventory - how does it choose what to use when I reload?

What are the damage differences on those 2 ammo types on non-armored enemies?

What are all of the uses of jamming grenades? Plasma grenades?

I noticed the thumper will "keep" the unused grenades that are loaded when you reload. In other words, the grenades that are still in the weapon are not lost when you reload. Is that a property of grenades, or do any other weapons behave the same way?

Thanks to any of you that respond
Old 2003-04-23, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

You can wear any armor, except max, driving any vehicle.

You hit r to reload, hit x to swtich ammo type.

Jamming grenades disable turrets and set off mines they also interfer with any electronic equipment...not sure what else that means.

Plasma grenades do damage over time to anything they hit.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-23, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ginzue
First Lieutenant

Um, are you shure... Dosent sound right to me...
Old 2003-04-23, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Cyanide
Major

I don't know where you heard that but it's definately wrong. You can only pilot "open air cockpit" vehicles with reinforced armor. This includes the quads, and the heavy buggies. I'm not sure about the ANT but i don't think you can. You can however be the gunner in any vehicle.
Old 2003-04-23, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

I've been looking for a list of vehicles someone can pilot in reinforced armor. I read that you can pilot anything with an "open top", and I believe they specifically mentioned the harasser (open top?). Anyone know which vehicles qualify?
Harasser, Empire buggy. Ballisk, Wraith (i think)

How does the automatic reload work with weapons? If I have a supressor that can use both regular and piercing ammo - and both are in my inventory - how does it choose what to use when I reload?
You can switch between ammo types via X, but u have to manually reload when ur out.

What are the damage differences on those 2 ammo types on non-armored enemies?
AP doesnt do as much, but i only carry 1 round of regs. and just keep that in my pistol.

What are all of the uses of jamming grenades? Plasma grenades?
Disables turret, kills mines, and stops implants from working.

I noticed the thumper will "keep" the unused grenades that are loaded when you reload. In other words, the grenades that are still in the weapon are not lost when you reload. Is that a property of grenades, or do any other weapons behave the same way?
if u mean, say u have 18 bullets in your gun and u reload, u will keep the 18 bullets.
Old 2003-04-23, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Cyanide
I don't know where you heard that but it's definately wrong. You can only pilot "open air cockpit" vehicles with reinforced armor. This includes the quads, and the heavy buggies. I'm not sure about the ANT but i don't think you can. You can however be the gunner in any vehicle.
I have driven wraiths, ANT's and AMS with inf armor. I haven't tried any of the others in my inf armor... wasn't aware of any armor restrictions.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-23, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Feign
Staff Sergeant

You can drive anything in INF armor, in reinforced armor you are restricted from driving all closed cockpit vehicles including all aircraft and ant.

Feign
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion