A few more questions! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How many greif points do i need for a certification
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-18, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Led

A few more questions!

One question has been bothering me for quite a while:

How well 'connected' are you to the ground in this game? For example, in BF1942, it felt as if I was sliding around on ice sometimes. And if anyone has ever played Endless Ages (UGH), there was almost no feeling of being grounded at all.

And secondly, another flight model question:

I have read that the model is going to be akin to helicopters/vtol aircraft. Is it going to be akin to T2 (sorry!) where the only way to control your altitude was via the booster key, or will there also be Z axis controls?
Old 2002-12-18, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Whoracle
First Sergeant

rofl HOLY SHIT you played Endless Ages???

i stopped playing a while ago but goddamn i played for a few months and helped bring it into GOLD mode.

hahaha that game was fun until everyone starting using exploits and the bugs kept piling up

- I'll swallow your soul -
Old 2002-12-18, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Hamma has statedthe flight model feels very much like T2 (which is NOT a good thing). Hopefully later on they can make it more advanced and realistic so we can do more advanced manuevers.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-18, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Led

Nono, that is not a flight model question. More of a flight controls question. Will I be able to hover up and down of my own free will, or will I have to buzz around to get some speed to fly up?

PS: Endless ages was CRAP!@# I got sick of that game after ten minutes.
Old 2002-12-18, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Whoracle
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Jinxmasta
Hamma has statedthe flight model feels very much like T2 (which is NOT a good thing). Hopefully later on they can make it more advanced and realistic so we can do more advanced manuevers.
please explain how making it more realistic would lead to advanced maneuvers

Old 2002-12-18, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

Originally posted by Led
Nono, that is not a flight model question. More of a flight controls question. Will I be able to hover up and down of my own free will, or will I have to buzz around to get some speed to fly up?

PS: Endless ages was CRAP!@# I got sick of that game after ten minutes.
Well considering you can take off from a stand still I think you'll be able to go up and down without speed.
Old 2002-12-18, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Led

Immelemans, split-s, barrel rolls, flying upside down five feet off the deck while your passengers are screaming...

Aye, you could do some of that stuff in T2, but only through some real work. I always hated not having a roll key or the ability to invert whenever I wanted and stay that way.
Old 2002-12-18, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Whoracle
First Sergeant

when did you play Endless Ages?

after it went gold. or while it was still beta? and what beta did you play during?

that could make all the difference in the amount of fun you had. it had a learning curve and it wasnt easy for newbies.

but once you got powerful it was all manner of fun...until bugs and stuff and some assholes joined the game and kidna ruined it

Old 2002-12-18, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Led

Some beta a few months before it went gold. The graphics were horrid, the controls were awful, and I did not feel connected to my environment at all. The game just had no style.
Old 2002-12-18, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Whoracle
First Sergeant

ahh well. i had plenty of fun. back on topic tho.

does rolling even do anything at all? other than looking pretty it doesnt seem like it would serve much purpose

Old 2002-12-18, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Led
Aye, you could do some of that stuff in T2, but only through some real work. I always hated not having a roll key or the ability to invert whenever I wanted and stay that way.
you're contradicting yourself now.

you just said its hard to do in t2, which means you need skill to do it. you just want a button you can press and it does it for you?
Old 2002-12-18, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

No in T2 it was almost impossible to do those maneuvers on a regular basis. I think that's what Led's getting at.
Old 2002-12-18, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Whoracle
First Sergeant

in T2 you could boost yourself straight up.

but doing barrel rolls was impossible. and flying upside down was damn enar impossible and could only be done from a short period of time...

the only thing you could do with a LARGE area of space was a flip...and you needed some good heigh to do so.

Old 2002-12-18, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Whoracle
and flying upside down was damn enar impossible and could only be done from a short period of time...
not true.

it just takes practice.
Old 2002-12-18, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Led

You could never do a straight roll in t2. Shrikes could do loops, and I could pull off an immeleman in a bomber, but that was about it.

And yes, you should be able to roll just by pushing some keys or moving the mouse. Just like it is in every other flight game out there

Rolling would do more than just look pretty, it makes a whole lot more maneuvers possible. The helicopter style flight model would make it accessible to the casual, lowskill player, but the ability to do advanced maneuvers would keep it interesting for the advanced pilots.

I for one would enjoy being able to pull a split-s and try for a getaway while dodging like a crazy woman, rather than diving straight for the deck and hoping they are bad shots
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion