Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When Hamma goes MIA.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-04-27, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
However, don't tell me how I'm supposed to feel about the game.
Okay...

Originally Posted by ShockFC
PlanetSide 1 had it's moment. That moment has passed.

Move on.
Most of the community has moved on, you all have not. Stop pulling at strings and let it go.

I don't tend to listen to blatant hypocrites.

And for the record: I AM NOT THE ONE TELLING SOMEONE ELSE HOW ONE SHOULD FEEL ABOUT THE GAME. I can however, find it extremely sad you are telling other people how to feel about the game out of some misplaced egocentric motivation.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-04-27 at 06:25 AM.
Old 2013-04-27, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Crator
Major General

No, I don't gain anything.

However, don't tell me how I'm supposed to feel about the game. The game was great when it had a fun, competitive, and fully supported community. It was great when I had people to play with - my outfit, friends on the server, etc... The game will never have that again, because that's what PS2 has now: a developing and fun competitive community.

What annoys me about this thread is how you are all looking through rose colored glasses at a game with GLARING issues through the entirety of it's time as a game. PS1 had severe problems, problems that were only made better because of the people you played with. PS1 was simply tolerable because of that. Otherwise, it was pure frustration and annoyance. It catered to the lowest common denominator (sup PS2) and it had awful netcode and latency issues.

Would I play if it was F2P? I'd probably hop on for a few minutes, realize how shitty the game is without people to play with, and log off.

Most of the community has moved on, you all have not. Stop pulling at strings and let it go.
I guess that for yourself you could only enjoy it while playing with friends (comms and goofing off?).... But for me, I typically played solo (how you play solo in a game like this is subjective however) the later years the game was out. You see, I enjoyed playing support roles, so that allowed me to primarily play solo.

I got bored of it every once and a while (don't we all when playing one thing way too much) but always came back to play cause I had fun. Glaring issues meaning the netcode and exploits as well as outdated graphics? Yes, I agree there. One of the main reason why they can't easily make it F2P imo. Especially the netcode issues, cause didn't they write it in such a way that was hard to modify? So yeah, there's that. But still, I miss many aspects of what PS1 offered and would love to play it again if there was a population to play with.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I miss many aspects of what PS1 offered and would love to play it again if there was a population to play with.
This is the ENTIRE point I'm trying to make.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Okay...

I don't tend to listen to blatant hypocrites.

And for the record: I AM NOT THE ONE TELLING SOMEONE ELSE HOW ONE SHOULD FEEL ABOUT THE GAME. I can however, find it extremely sad you are telling other people how to feel about the game out of some misplaced egocentric motivation.
They've just given up on the game and don't like the idea that others haven't yet. Either because they're too nostalgic to admit they would like to play but can't anymore, or because they feel it's "not realistically" feasible and want to clubber it in.
See this? This right here is telling me how I feel about the game. You're TELLING ME how I feel.

I'm TELLING YOU to move on - this is an action, not a feeling. I'm not telling you how to feel about the game. You can still FEEL however you want about the game, but that doesn't mean you can't move on.

fuck me why do i post here.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Atheosim
Captain

fuck me why do i post here.
I don't know. Seems like it's to quell the hopes of others because you have none yourself.
Old 2013-04-27, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Figment
Lieutenant General

See this? This right here is telling me how I feel about the game. You're TELLING ME how I feel.
Changing your phrasing I see? This is what you said earlier:

"how I'm supposed to feel about the game"
Indeed, I'm analysing how you feel about the game, that's something different from telling you how you should feel. You didn't phrase it as "how I'm supposedly feeling about the game", you were refering to an imperative form of speech we supposedly were using, according to you. Either that or your grammar needs work.

Which is something you're doing: you're telling people to stop wanting to play it. You call it "an action", but it actually is removing an emotional detachment and a want to play the game and thus CHANGING HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE GAME.

Ergo. You're a hypocrit.

Btw, you probably post because you like reading yourself. That's an analysis and response to your question. =p

Last edited by Figment; 2013-04-27 at 12:27 PM.
Old 2013-04-27, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Tialian
Corporal

Would I play if it was F2P? I'd probably hop on for a few minutes, realize how shitty the game is without people to play with, and log off.

This doesn't make sense. Are you assuming if it was f2p that you would be the only one logging in?

There are lots of people that would log in if it was f2p, evidenced by this thread alone and many other sources. I mean you yourself just said we have not moved on, do you think we are going to hang around these forums if PS1 were f2p? No, we would be playing.

The beauty of PS1 is that the continent doesn't have to be locked in order for the game to be fun, it only gets more fun as more players are involved. There is a "wow" factor when you see more than one continent lock, but it doesn't necessarily make everyone log off because there isn't even one continent lock. As long is there is a fight of some sort, people are happy.

Last edited by Tialian; 2013-04-27 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2013-04-27, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'm TELLING YOU to move on
Which was your (and others') mistake from the start. Ignoring the rest of the shit you deposited into the Bank of China, you are basically telling other people that you know better than they do. Which is absolute bollox.

I don't care who you are or why you think PS1 shouldn't go F2P, you still don't get to tell me or anyone else to stop trying.

And if by some miracle Smedlonius pushes F2P PS1 through and it is a success, I'd happily see your name in the killspam and totally forget you were decrying it. Because I want PS1 F2P for everyone, not just for me or just for the people who support it when it is 'popular'.

So, with respect...shut the fuck up.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion