Re: Faction Stereotypes

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
remeber to take his wallet after you kill him
QFT.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
ratfusion
Corporal

TR: Loyalists. Attempting to maintain order without the resources to quell rebellions before they begin. Shitty PR department, easily slandered as oppressive.

NC: Mercantile opportunists. Trying to seize control in a vacuum of power. Backed by mercenaries. Good PR department, sold to the more easily persuaded as freedom fighters. Functionally terrorists.

VS: What happens if Scientology was real.

Modern day equivalents:

TR: Nationalist China (Taiwan). Rightful claim, but lacking the power to bring the whole country back under their control.

NC: Generic South American drug cartel trying to seize control of the country, buying/threatening the population to help them as required.

VS: Branch Davidians / Scientologists.

Last edited by ratfusion; 2012-07-10 at 12:27 AM.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by ratfusion View Post
TR: Shitty PR department
Old 2012-07-10, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
ITOS
Corporal

/thread

Last edited by ITOS; 2012-07-10 at 11:13 AM.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

NC: Hilly billy morons who have to spray and pray, rather than learn how to aim a gun.

TR: Trolls. Trolls everywhere.

VS: For some reason, animal murderers? We are scientists and lovers of technology, we have to reason no kill critters. Go join PETA, doofus.

Last edited by Mr DeCastellac; 2012-07-10 at 10:33 PM.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
jakaul
Sergeant

Fear not, my brothers and sisters. I have studied each empire extensively, both in their natural habitats and in the safety of their sanctuaries. Below are the conclusions of my scientific study, double fact checked by no less than 17 independent researchers.

TR
Fall in line soldier, you do what your commander tells you. Look sharp in your goggles and padded helmet; keep those boots clean! These guys follow the rules. Some people might call them lemmings of order, but I prefer to call this discipline. Sure, every now and then the lead lemming is going to run your entire group off the cliff to a spectacular death, but your boots will be clean and those pants WILL be pressed. In the field, they attack with ordered determination following the lead of their respective commanders. Their discipline can be easily seen when they are footzerging from a tower to bring their righteous wrath upon the enemy base. In fact, discipline is so strong, every TR soldier has an MCG and striker loadout in his Rexo armor, striking fear into any enemy that has his sound turned up. The cacophony of BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPs have been known to deafen unprepared defenders to the point that the defenders are forced to massacre the footzerg in grim silence after turning in game sounds off.

Luckily, the TR commanders gave their troops lots of bullets and guns that shoot lots of bullets. This is the most effective way to make the enemy empire hide in a base and have tea while waiting for Church Spray and Pray to conclude services. In their time away from battle, TR soldiers shine their armor, shine their boots, and wait for orders while keeping conversation to a minimum.

NC
They're rebels with a cause. The cause is to be rebellious against everyone else's cause. Sometimes they rebel against their own rebellious cause. NC Commanders are often heard asking "What the **** are you guys doing?" to which his soldiers respond "We ain't gotta listen to you!". They're the honey badgers of Planetside, they don't give a shit. Oh, did I just shoot that friendly with my vanguard? I don't give a shit, you ain't my boss. Get owned by my big gun.

The NC are so obsessed with big guns that they failed to realize that training soldiers in how to hit targets with big guns was an important aspect of battle. When command discovered this, they did the next best thing - make a big suit of armor with a really big gun and a shield to protect the soldier while he spammed pellets to every corner of the base. Eventually, something will be hit. Friend or foe, it doesn't matter because they don't give a shit. In fact, they went a step further and put the biggest ass gun on top of the walking retardmobile (BFR) and made sure it was easy to aim and easy to kill with. To date, the biggest target killed by the NC was balance.

Everything's easy when you don't give a shit. And you have shields.

VS
Lasers. Flying suits of armor. Hovering shit. It doesn't get much better than this. You even got a gun that shot giant disco balls of death. These balls of death apparently were very angry when they would hit an enemy because it would lash out and own a couple more for good measure. The NC and TR couldn't handle the VS balls, so they inserted loyalists into the VS scientific ranks whose sole mission was to make the balls of the VS less angry and lashful. It took years and years of covert ball taming for the VS balls to be pacified, but the mission was accomplished. A negative side effect was that the balls discharged much quicker, which we can attribute to the years of experience honing the TR and NC ball taming technique. During this period, the TR developed their fashionable goggles. The NC, however, appeared content to simply remove their helmets.

When the VS aren't delivering their disco balls to the faces of TR and NC, they spend their free time traveling the different worlds (or continents, if you must). They play games such as Destroy the Generator and Camp the Airpad. Spawn in Maxsuits was a favorite of some outfits. The VS are a fickle group, however. Their tactics often change depending on what Interlink shows up as bright and shiny, so they may often disappear from an offensive front when the Purple warning light goes off.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Notser
Staff Sergeant

NC = Bad
VS = Bad
TR = Good

Last edited by Notser; 2012-07-11 at 01:22 AM.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

TR = Antz Cosplayers

NC = LARPers who too poor to use actual armor so they use cardboard instead.

VS = Amazing, beautiful, wonderful and absolutely fashionable people with armor that supports the body's features in the most ergonomic ways possible.
Old 2012-09-17, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
ProudNTrue
Private

THIS IS ALL PRETTY SIMPLE REALY SO LISTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!

TR is America under the Republicrats. You think them FEMA camps ain't real? WELL GET REAL! The TR is the CIA, the TSA, and the NWO all rolled into one.

The VS are all a bunch a hippie-dippie San Franciscans. Yeah, you just keep wearing them purple iPhones and workin' on your "science" projects. Real tech gets put to use, not used to sit around smokin' dope and pinin' for the age of aquarius.

You see the NC is like Nevada. Ain't no reason for taxes cuz we got gamblin', hookin', and minin'. Don't like it? I don't see you complainin' when you come here to spend your OBAMA MONEY on slots. Guess what built our roadways? That's right - you're hypocrisy.

FREEDOM WORKS! I been to Elko.

It's called a boom and bust economy. You find the resources. You haul 'em outta the ground and you buy a shiny new pickup with your share. You don't like them pansy CEOs bringin' in more'n you? Well its their business! They make the jobs that pay for YOUR WELFARE!

Don't like it? Tough. Start your OWN business. If you ain't rich enough you ain't workin' hard enough.
Old 2012-09-18, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Gugabalog
Major

Bwahahahahaha, I would troll and flame you so hard if I didn't assume you were being sarcastic.
Old 2012-09-19, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

TR think that staying the course will somehow lead to the new leadership making things good for them. Even though its been proven throughout history that communist governments that are based on a sole leader often go astray when the leader dies. Connery died, and so the new leadership stepping up are just using soldiers for their own draconian power grab.

NC were always about the profits. The formation of NC was based on trying to get at Vanu research for profits. NC soldiers don't realize they aren't the ones who are going to be making the profit, and just like any soldier in any military ever, they are nothing but a tool to the oligarchy which they are paid to defend.

There's a lot of VS who can't look beyond the shiny new appeal of a new faith to get at the real things Vanu was trying to teach. The first is technology, the second is unity. But no, some of our ranks are just all "The word of Vanu" this and "Vanu praises / is disappointed by" that. It is nice to be positive, but not when they lose sight of the goals in pursuit of faith, with all due respect, in an alien.

Now then..... to get more specific, TR eat whatever they are told to eat, NC eat whatever they can get their hands on, and VS eat fresh clean hydroponic vegetables and one cow we keep respawning for more meat.

TR soldiers have years of formal training with their formal equipment, and are no better than a rabble of rebels and a group of scientists. NC have been informally fighting the power, and have enough practice to compete with the TR military. VS just put on the suit and we're like instant Dr. Gordon Freeman, able to fend off a trained military and a buncha crazy rebels with absolutely no previous training whatsoever.

TR shoot first and ask questions later. NC shoot first and don't ask questions because their ears are sill ringing from the weapon they fired. VS already asked all the questions that TR and NC could answer for us, we're just shooting now.
Old 2012-09-19, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

So Epic
Old 2012-09-21, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Gugabalog
Major

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
TR think that staying the course will somehow lead to the new leadership making things good for them. Even though its been proven throughout history that communist governments that are based on a sole leader often go astray when the leader dies. Connery died, and so the new leadership stepping up are just using soldiers for their own draconian power grab.

NC were always about the profits. The formation of NC was based on trying to get at Vanu research for profits. NC soldiers don't realize they aren't the ones who are going to be making the profit, and just like any soldier in any military ever, they are nothing but a tool to the oligarchy which they are paid to defend.

There's a lot of VS who can't look beyond the shiny new appeal of a new faith to get at the real things Vanu was trying to teach. The first is technology, the second is unity. But no, some of our ranks are just all "The word of Vanu" this and "Vanu praises / is disappointed by" that. It is nice to be positive, but not when they lose sight of the goals in pursuit of faith, with all due respect, in an alien.

Now then..... to get more specific, TR eat whatever they are told to eat, NC eat whatever they can get their hands on, and VS eat fresh clean hydroponic vegetables and one cow we keep respawning for more meat.

TR soldiers have years of formal training with their formal equipment, and are no better than a rabble of rebels and a group of scientists. NC have been informally fighting the power, and have enough practice to compete with the TR military. VS just put on the suit and we're like instant Dr. Gordon Freeman, able to fend off a trained military and a buncha crazy rebels with absolutely no previous training whatsoever.

TR shoot first and ask questions later. NC shoot first and don't ask questions because their ears are sill ringing from the weapon they fired. VS already asked all the questions that TR and NC could answer for us, we're just shooting now.
This.
Old 2012-10-13, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
MightyMan
Corporal

In hippy new (pussy) coglamorate there is friendly fire.
In (soviet) terran republic they just use piercing shots. *think bout' it*
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge