New Killcam - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stay here, if i'm not back in 5 minutes... Wait longer!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-02, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: New Killcam

Originally Posted by xIIDeAdLyIIx View Post
I think the bes part is that you can see people around you and can make a decision on whether or not to respawn or wait for a medic.
Do you guys want to have a "Wait"/"Respawn now" choice on this screen, maybe with a count of near by friendly medics so you can choose if you want to wait for one or not. We were talking about having something like that, I think it could be cool. Right now it just dismisses after a few seconds and the respawn point selection interface comes up.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Do you guys want to have a "Wait"/"Respawn now" choice on this screen, maybe with a count of near by friendly medics so you can choose if you want to wait for one or not. We were talking about having something like that, I think it could be cool. Right now it just dismisses after a few seconds and the respawn point selection interface comes up.
I think something similar to the PS1 Tap-Out timer would be in order.

You get an option to immediately respawn or you can stay on the ground for a set period of time waiting to be revived.

An awesome improvement would certainly be that medic count, or a mini-map that remains visible showing if there are any rushing toward your aid.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Zulthus
Colonel

Of course! That would be great. Sometimes it's better to wait to be revived than to run all the way back from your spawn point. I liked the way PS1 did it.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Raymac
Brigadier General

Sometimes it takes more than a few seconds for a medic to notice you, or have the immediate area be secure enough for a revive. It may not need to be quite as long as PS1, but you should have the option to wait for awhile.

I don't think we need a "wait" button, because often times I'll be waiting then lose patience and change my mind and choose to respawn then. I wouldn't want to be locked in to waiting, but I would appreciate having a good chunk of time to be allowed to wait if I want.

Old 2012-06-02, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Nabeshin
Private

Yes, I would personally like the options and the kill screen to stay until you are either revived, a timer expires, or you click to respawn now.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Yeah, i think something similar to PS1. A timer before you fully die and are no longer revivable with the option to go ahead and respawn. It should also display the minimap with medics overlayed, its fine getting a count but its nice to be able to see the medics moving towards you on the map. If they arnt coming then you might as well just respawn anyway.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Irish
Private

something like a enlarged minimap showing some red medic crosses running around. so you can chat up the player and relay them your location in accordance to them. eh?
Old 2012-06-02, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Toppopia
Major

That sounds good, and maybe a rangefinder of the closest medic that can revive so we know whether to bother waiting or not, because if a medic is say 100 metres away and we have 20 seconds left to respawn, we might be better off choosing to respawn instead of wait. But other people might have better ideas.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Coreldan
Colonel

It's great! Spot on!

Just make sure to have outfit listed in there somewhere, I'm pretty sure you realized that yourselves too, but the killer in question just doesnt have an outfit

And yeah, chance to opt out and wait for the medic is also a pretty much "must" for organized play, IMO.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-02, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Zekeen
Major

How about when the killcam happens and it zooms out, it zooms back in to a close up of your body as the respawn timer starts off? To keep the effect of the killcam and to remove too much information of where you died, keep a little mystery around after a moment, ya know?
Old 2012-06-02, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Bags
Lieutenant General

Yeah, that with at least a 30 second timer would be good.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Yeah, I would like that. I believe it's quite similar in ArmA... You can lay around half an hour directing your comrad medic to you. Definitely adds to the immersion imo.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Tssha
Corporal

That really depends on your revive system, now doesn't it? If you can be revived from the respawn screen, it doesn't matter. If you can't, it would make a good choice, but I know most people would "tap out" right away anyway and save themselves some time. As an Advanced Medic in Planetside, it was slightly annoying to get to a guy just to have him tap out before I can even start reviving him. Tends to discourage people to take the cert.

So, if you can revive from the respawn screen, that would probably be the best system for revives, and assuming you don't spawn any faster by choosing "respawn now", it doesn't matter if you put a "wait" button on the killcam.

If you can't revive folks from the respawn screen, then I'd suggest that be the case. At least, up until you respawn, anyway.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-02, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by Tssha View Post
That really depends on your revive system, now doesn't it? If you can be revived from the respawn screen, it doesn't matter. If you can't, it would make a good choice, but I know most people would "tap out" right away anyway and save themselves some time. As an Advanced Medic in Planetside, it was slightly annoying to get to a guy just to have him tap out before I can even start reviving him. Tends to discourage people to take the cert.

So, if you can revive from the respawn screen, that would probably be the best system for revives, and assuming you don't spawn any faster by choosing "respawn now", it doesn't matter if you put a "wait" button on the killcam.

If you can't revive folks from the respawn screen, then I'd suggest that be the case. At least, up until you respawn, anyway.
Well, I guess my theory is in a big battle, knowing there were medics around that could help you out with teamwork would be pretty good reason to not just slam "RESPAWN" right away - 9 times out of ten if we can build mechanics that reward team work we're making Planetside 2 a better game. If there are no medics around you, then off to the respawn screen you go.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
hypehype
Private

Very nice.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion