News: Has this been posted before? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Girls no shirt no charge
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-08, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Re: Has this been posted before?

I noticed Higby stated that "We are removing the timer on the shuttle". I am curious what that means, since I thought they were removing the HART? Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-08-08, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ZaFo711
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I noticed Higby stated that "We are removing the timer on the shuttle". I am curious what that means, since I thought they were removing the HART? Someone correct me if I am wrong...
just noticed that myself, i assume they will still have some sort of drop pod system type deal. and just remove the need to wait on a timer for the hart to arrive in order to hart drop, who knows maybe a new type of dropship center? lol
Old 2011-08-08, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TheHalekTheory
Private

im assuming the cert timer will be based like that of EVE, in which case, im fine with. what im not fine with is flashy-ness. if i want flashy, theres combat arms. i personally dont need a big sign popping up telling me i have a kill streak, thats what the chat pane is for. thats just me, i could be looking at the whole thing wrong, we'll see what its all about at release
Old 2011-08-08, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Huma
Sergeant

Quick explanation of what they mean by training multiple skills in que. In Eve you can select a skill to train immediately. After that you have a que that you can place skills that you would like to train following the one you selected. So you'll train one skill and the switch to the next in que and so on. This was in place so you don't have to micro manage your training and also so that you could constantly have skills training without having to log on to switch them. Works great if your going to be away a couple days.
As far as the empire specific stuff is concerned I think their making a good choice. By giving pilots and drivers one empire specific vehicle each their making balancing easier. The common pool vehicles will be perfectly balanced so they only need to tweak the empire specific stuff. I can see the NC bird being. Little slower, packing more armor, and fewer more powerful guns. TR would be less armor and more maneuverable with more guns on it, and the VS would be the lights armor, more manueverable, and packing energy weapons.
Old 2011-08-08, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Wow. How incredible is it that you could tell us that. -_-

ANYWAYS....

Empire specific Fighters? Oh shit yeah.
Old 2011-08-09, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Huma
Sergeant

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Good catch, that IS pretty awesome. We haven't heard anything about empire-specific air vehicles yet. Not sure if the "main fighter" he's talking about would be the Mossie, Reaver, or some other ship, but I'm really looking forward to that.

I must have missed it before, but I also didn't know we'd be able to level multiple skills simultaneously. I figured we'd work on improving the assault rifle one day, then your tank the next day, then your stamina, etc. I'm excited that I'll be able to improve sniping, medic, and MAX all at once.

-HC13
Not everyone knows how it works Peace. Just because you know doesn't mean you should make the same assumption regarding everyone else.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion