Sentinels [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A virtual nudist colony, lets get nekkid!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2012-04-24, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

Talking Sentinels [NA]

Name: Sentinels
Clan: Planetside Two (exclusively)
Faction: Vanu
Play-style: Serious-Fun (yes it's possible)
Members: 75 as of 6/24
Recruiting: Yes

Brief History: We are a breakaway group of soldiers formerly of Warrior Nation (WNx) of Markov. We've reformed under our own banner of our elite soldier division and looking forward to getting back into our preferred game of choice. We were originally recognized by SOE in their weekly spotlight for our 50 page Primer and are currently working on a new one for the new game.

If you were yearning for some Strat, take a look. Lots of new material updated from the old primer. Our forums are currently set to open so please stop by and say hello in the shoutbox, or sign up and say hi, there's no obligation to buy whatsoever. Have a look around, have a cup of purple tea as gross at that suddenly sounds. Ok, forget the tea.

Have a listen to our weekly Planetside(ish) Podcasts over at our site. (9Chat) They start under the guise of planetside information and quickly devolve into 'your mother' style arguments. Episodes 2 - 5 on the site. We're currently looking for other outfit commanders who would like to guest star on them. If you've got a sense of humor, run an outfit, and have a tendency to talk too much... then send me a PM if you're interested.

If you're another Vanu outfit into strat, or have any interest in alliance we would love to discuss ideas with you, minus the tea of course.

We are currently helping to build the VAnu Alliance..

feel free to join the VAnu Alliance Social Group right here on PSU Forums

kp

Last edited by KiddParK; 2012-06-24 at 12:02 PM.
Old 2012-04-24, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SgtMAD
Captain

Re: Sentinels

this guy is a class act
Old 2012-04-25, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Nice website guys, and good luck with the recruitment!
Old 2012-05-12, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Argg
Private

Looking forward to running with the old crew.
Old 2012-05-12, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nygma
Private

This outfit is literally the manifestation of my dreams.

I would also like to point you all to our wiki page in addition to Kiddparks links:
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Sentinels
Old 2012-05-14, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DaPope
Private

I'm one of the new crew to this but not new to Sentinels. I was a part of a Sentinel crew for BF2 and we compete in 5v5, 8v8, and 12v12. The whole time I kept hearing war stories about the PS days. I'm excited to be a part of this crew for PS2 and be able to be a part of PS2 war stories!
Old 2012-05-14, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
I'm one of the new crew to this but not new to Sentinels. I was a part of a Sentinel crew for BF2 and we compete in 5v5, 8v8, and 12v12. The whole time I kept hearing war stories about the PS days. I'm excited to be a part of this crew for PS2 and be able to be a part of PS2 war stories!
LOL ask Kidd about me
Old 2012-05-14, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

Oh... there are stories to tell.

WNx vs. HT back in Markov... oh the word epic is overused, and in all honesty we lost more than we won, but whatever the outcome, those were incredible fights. I was JUST talking about you and HT in one of our podcasts last week, It was something along the lines of 'and we were winning... then HT showed up.' :P

love those guys

kp

Last edited by KiddParK; 2012-05-14 at 11:24 PM.
Old 2012-05-16, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sgt Shultz
Corporal

Having run with the PS WNx crowd and interacting with the guys who actually developed the Primer materials, was a great experience. Definitely among my best experiences in PS, and gaming in general.

If you get the chance to run with these guys and learn from them, don't pass at the opportunity. You won't be disappointed.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DaPope
Private

Originally Posted by KiddParK View Post
Oh... there are stories to tell.

WNx vs. HT back in Markov... oh the word epic is overused, and in all honesty we lost more than we won, but whatever the outcome, those were incredible fights. I was JUST talking about you and HT in one of our podcasts last week, It was something along the lines of 'and we were winning... then HT showed up.' :P

love those guys

kp
I have to admit it is fun to hear the podcasts from old PS1 veterans. It sounds like there were some amazing large scale clan vs clan encounters that rival civil war stories in there telling. Keep sharing tales of these encounters for us new guys to try and live up to!
Old 2012-06-01, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

So it occurred to me, one of the best ways to get to know us would be to hop on coms and listen in to get a feel, but that's not always possible...

so.. next best thing... Listen to one of our podcasts...

I'd suggest show #3 or #4 as it's more free flowing and has a feel of a night in our teamspeak/mumble. But you could choose any of them, they all suck.

here's the current listing of podcast available...

Episode 2: Autistic Tiger (5/10/12)
(KP / Takken / Sar Eve)
we talk about the Shadows, the irreverent miscreant infiltrator sub squadron of the sentinels and reminisce about the old days of PS1. Also make fun of Saracen Eve

Episode 3: Beta Boba Bet (5/11/12)
(KP / Miztress Nemisis / Sar Eve)
Miz and Sar have a huge hissy fight about the rules for betting on when the beta for PS2 will arrive.... also Kidd drinks a rather hot cup of tea. It's a nail biter.

Episode 4: Bleh (5/12/12)
(KP / Miztress Nemisis / Nygma / Kipjer)
KipJer, the eldest son of KP sits in and offers up ... the tale of the time he threatened to kill his father... good times. The father/son dynamic is felt throughout the opening of this podcast between KP and KPjr. Also Nygma and Miz talk a whole bunch.

Episode 5: Who Ya Gonna Call? (5/13/12)
(KP / Argg / Nygma / Kipjer)
We talk Tanks in PS2 with Argg, also where the Sentinels we came from and where we're going. Also a Mystery needs solving. And Miz chimes in at the end and offers to lock children in her basement... no really!

Episode 6: Lasher Raped My Family (5/15/12)
(KP / Kujo / Gaff )
What happens when you get Kujo and Gaff talking about games? Oh it's serious people, so much so that we've got our first official two parter. Recorded on the day Diablo III came out so you know how happy they both must be... you think? If they could actually play it... oh, it was not pretty.

Episode 7: You Are Darth Revan (5/16/12)
(KP / Kujo / Gaff )
What's that you say? Not enough pure GAME information for ya? Well this one should shut you up for a while. Gaff & Kujo tear apart nearly a dozen different games in this part two of their chat-a-thon we recorded while Diablo servers were down. So you know we had some time on our hands.

Episode 8: 9 Questions +1 (5/29/12)
(KP / Miz / Nygma / Argg / SaracenEve / Jamezz )
Our largest recording to date. We took a questionnaire that i posted over in the PSU forums and began to work our way through it talking about games we loved, hated, and everything in between. And there were several opinions on each one. It became apparent VERY early on that this would end up being a two parter....

Episode 9: That High Pitched Whine (5/29/12)
(KP / Miz / Nygma / Argg / SaracenEve / Jamezz)
The slaughter continues. We continue with our Q & A session and tear apart some of the biggest games of the last 10 years and introduce you to our special guest who is trying to help the Vanu solidify their forces into one massive throbbing alien cucumber of death.. or something like that...

kp

Last edited by KiddParK; 2012-06-04 at 01:44 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Bump for a good outfit.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

I honestly cannot think of another outfit that seems to have such a similar outlook on the game as you guys and the sentinels seem to share.

Not just the organized yet also fun thing (which is tough.. anyone who ever played with Tactical Gamer or BA can attest o that, Organized, without the fun, is no fun at all) but just the closeness of the community there, the respect you all have, not just for each other but for other outfits in the game. It's such a credit that you guys wear purple, It's an honor to wear the same colors as you guys.

kp
Old 2012-06-13, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DaPope
Private

A great way to get to know some of this outfit is to just stop by our forums and say hi. We are playing TF2 on Tuesdays to help build up the teamwork and also just get to know everyone. It's a good time to have some fun and meet up!
Old 2012-06-14, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
AcidJiles
Private

Do guys have a regular raid time and would this continue into PS2? I am from the UK and so too late a raid time would be very difficult for me to make. Thanks
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty