When will PlanetSide Be out? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It glows in the dark.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-23, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SlapNut
Corporal

When will PlanetSide Be out?

It might be a silly question but when will it be out in the shops, and if anyone knows, when will it be in Australia?

also, you guys seem to know everything about PlanetSide even though it hasnt been relesed, u know what empire u like and everything, how do u do that?
Old 2003-03-23, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TRscpd
Staff Sergeant

planetside well be released we hop on may 19th if all gos well.

as for me picking what side am going to be TR or NC VS looks gay
Old 2003-03-23, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
NeoDrgnMech
Sergeant

Hrrmmm, well, empire-bashing aside, the way most people probably choose their empire is by checking out the info on the empires' specific weapons and vehicles, and checking the screenshots to see which has the coolest uniforms.

As for being released in Australia, couldn't tell ya.

The Vanu Alliance. WE HAVE POINTY STICKS!
Old 2003-03-23, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SlapNut
Corporal

well i simplylike the Vanu dudes, they look so cool, shiny uniform and stuff, btw do u guys have AIM or MSN so we can talk about the game?
Old 2003-03-23, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

I like the Vanu, too.

I think most of these guys have been following the game for a long, long time -- so they know every scrap of info that the developers have let on to.

Also, several people here are DEFINITELY in the Beta -- Hamma, for instance.

I like the Vanu based on what I have heard about them -- and I love the idea behind their MAX armor, which has a lot of vertical capability with its jumpjets. I like the idea of being the non-standard race -- the other two look essentially like ordinary, techno-military generic scifi stuff (granted, very well designed and executed). But the Vanu are different, and even though that may not be huge in Planetside (1 out of 3), the fact is that he Vanu are pretty unique almost no matter what game you look at.

And of course, thanks to the common pool weapons and vehicles, we know that they will at least play fairly similar to the other 2 factions -- so, even at the worst (like, the VS MAX's jumpjets suck in practice, or the energy-based weapons REALLY don't measure up in practice -- even in a worst-case scenario, you can fall back on the common pool weapons that ALL players have access to, and be on an even footing (and just look a hell of a lot cooler).
Old 2003-03-23, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SlapNut
Corporal

im sure there all the same goodness, but the vanu look so cool
Old 2003-03-23, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Re: When will PlanetSide Be out?

Originally posted by SlapNut
It might be a silly question but when will it be out in the shops, and if anyone knows, when will it be in Australia?

also, you guys seem to know everything about PlanetSide even though it hasnt been relesed, u know what empire u like and everything, how do u do that?
Most people you see that talk about PS & have their empire selected have done extensive research. They have read through ALL faq, there is plenty of info on quite a few sites that tell you what you need to know, ie: empire selection, particular certs, etc. Although many decisions aren't "etched in stone", one could get a pretty good idea on what their main focus will be, goals they want to accomplish. Think of it like you were planning a trip, you wouldn't wait until the last minute to decide where it is you were going would you? A little research & reading can pretty much point you in the right direction!
Old 2003-03-23, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
bliksta
Private

the video one gamespot that I watched said it would be out in the summer
Old 2003-03-23, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
PlasticGEAR
Staff Sergeant

mayday

id guess planetside would come out in Austrailia at the same time as US because dont austrailians speak english, and besides open beta will be out before then (beginning of May).

VirdeuS
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion