Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sporkfire > All
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-09, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone

Ok I been hearing about the Skill Trees and Weapon mods, I really hope either will give us headshots.

Now from what I heard, wepons are suppose to diminish accuracy,rate of fire etc as other attributes increase.

So I would be willing to sacrifice rate of fire,bullets per clip,recoil,even accuracy for a headshot.

Hell make the bullet curve down to make it harder, I don't care along as there is headshots.

It will make Sniper battles funner, no more shooting a sniper only to have himself healed.

Now I know a bunch of you are going to say it will be op.

No it won't....Headshots on moving targets are hard.....even standing targets with meh accuracy and low rate of fire and possibly bullets curving down, could be very hard to do.

So yes, not OP at all.

Also I would if Prone was included for Snipers only as a skill.....Snipers are the ones who really need prone, it would help snipers hide and get better accuracy.
Old 2011-07-09, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone

No. No. No. No.

No headshots is one of the few things the majority of the playerbase agrees on.

And there's no need for prone.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

I hate the idea of one shot kills, period. However they are effin up TTK's everywhere apparently to clone the awful CoD/BF near instant deaths with every gun, so wouldnt put it past em to put in one shot kills for ya as much as it would suck.

Personally i never had a prob with 2 shot kills. It was more of an issue of lack of cover if anything that slowed me up. But that shouldnt be a prob in ps2.

As far as prone goes, many hate it for its bad implementation in other games. If it has a slow animation to get into and out of prone during which you cant shoot, then it elminates jumping into prone and also leaves you a sitting duck esp to anyone who gets in close. Also make it so you can only turn in a limited angle view and cant crawl around. Just need to tweak it so it works. Prone is fine if its done right. One reason why you dont copy CoD/bf games as they do alot like that badly.

Last edited by BorisBlade; 2011-07-09 at 07:04 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dreamcast
Major

Damn WTF is with COD.....You guys give Cod too much credit, Headshots existed long before Cod.

I really see zero problem with headshots, along as you are sacrificing something for them, I see nothing wrong....It will make skillfull players take the risk of just going for headshots.

So not everybody will be a headshot master.

2 hit shots is really lame for sniping battles, takes away the fun of actually risking showing your head...Sure you can wait for another sniper to snipe him and snipe at the same time or try to flank him and in the process waste so much time.....or you can just make it fun to risk yourself trying to snipe.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
Damn WTF is with COD.....You guys give Cod too much credit, Headshots existed long before Cod.

I really see zero problem with headshots, along as you are sacrificing something for them, I see nothing wrong....It will make skillfull players take the risk of just going for headshots.

So not everybody will be a headshot master.

2 hit shots is really lame for sniping battles, takes away the fun of actually risking showing your head...Sure you can wait for another sniper to snipe him and snipe at the same time or try to flank him and in the process waste so much time.....or you can just make it fun to risk yourself trying to snipe.

No one said COD invented headshots. But COD is very popular and anything that is put in PS2 that is in COD will inevitably be attributed to it.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gogita
Master Sergeant

I really liked the role of a sniper in Planetside. In Planetside the Sniper is not a lone wolf that mows down rows of people nor is it an real offensive role (compared to the grunt). In Planetside, the sniper is more like a scavenger, hunting down the weak that just went to find some cover. Snipers are nice to have as a support fire for the grunts on the main battlefield.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
No one said COD invented headshots. But COD is very popular and anything that is put in PS2 that is in COD will inevitably be attributed to it.
I mean it doesnt make sense since so many games have headshots...is not like is one of the few games that have it.....If I were talking about Killstreaks, I could understand since COD is one of the few who have it.

You guys mention COD so people will automatically think n00b sniper running around getting headshots like nothing.

The snipers Im talking about is more realistic, you know where is actually hard to get headshots......I see nothing wrong with that.

Hell make it even harder.....If a sniper with a headshot skill tree hits a guy in the body then the guy only losses like 1/3 of his health......So snipers with headshot skill tree have to be good to get headshots otherwise they will suck.

Happy?
Old 2011-07-09, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MgFalcon
Captain

headshots = more lag = bad. I love being a sniper and as much as I love getting headshots, having it in PS2 will defeat the role of the sniper from the original. I remember back in the day that it took skill to take out people with the Boltdriver, 2 shots agile, 3 shots rexo, ?? MAX, and loved getting that retarded cloaker that was uncloaked outside of a base. All in all headshots will kill skill (at least for snipers)
Old 2011-07-09, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Volw
First Sergeant

Do you really expect the devs to listen to one person wanting pretty niche features implemented? I'm quite sure they won't so better not to fool yourself and do a reality check.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-09, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Aractain
Major

How do hendshots make more lag?
Old 2011-07-09, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Additional hitbox. That's how it was explained in PS1 ... and it makes sense.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-09, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
I really liked the role of a sniper in Planetside. In Planetside the Sniper is not a lone wolf that mows down rows of people nor is it an real offensive role (compared to the grunt). In Planetside, the sniper is more like a scavenger, hunting down the weak that just went to find some cover. Snipers are nice to have as a support fire for the grunts on the main battlefield.

It wont change the role......Headshots should be very hard to do, enough that not anyone can do it and will require patience...I mean sacrificing accuracy,rate of fire,bullets per clips,recoil,damage done to the body,etc...doesnt sound good.

Regular snipers will still be the best to kill running soldiers, hell probably the best all around for regular soldiers.

Only few will be good with headshots only...I say let those skillfull players deal with it.

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
headshots = more lag = bad. I love being a sniper and as much as I love getting headshots, having it in PS2 will defeat the role of the sniper from the original. I remember back in the day that it took skill to take out people with the Boltdriver, 2 shots agile, 3 shots rexo, ?? MAX, and loved getting that retarded cloaker that was uncloaked outside of a base. All in all headshots will kill skill (at least for snipers)
It will make Snipers more skillfull.......Having headshots will make it more risky to show up your head and camp....it will make snipers think more about where they hide....so it will actually be more skillful.

Like I said headshots are going to be easy to be made.....they are going to be hard if you are sacrificing so much for headshots.

Only some players will be good at it.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Extra hit boxes.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
It will make Snipers more skillfull.......Having headshots will make it more risky to show up your head and camp....it will make snipers think more about where they hide....so it will actually be more skillful.

Like I said headshots are going to be easy to be made.....they are going to be hard if you are sacrificing so much for headshots.

Only some players will be good at it.
Question: Have you actually ever played Planetside?
Old 2011-07-09, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
Question: Have you actually ever played Planetside?
Yes I have.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion