Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where newbie means everything EXCEPT new player
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-14, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Coreldan
Colonel
 
Coreldan's Avatar
 
Re: Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault


Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
I enjoyed this in BF2142 where it was a deployable asset, and you could see drop pods coming in which allowed you to roughtly locate an enemy beacon, and made you want to fight your way to it so that you could liberally apply C4.

Destroying enemy spawn beacons should be worth some decent XP.
"Destroyed enemy equipment, 20 points" BF3 style, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I get more from one heal tick >.<
__________________

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Coreldan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Aurmanite
Captain
 
Aurmanite's Avatar
 
Re: Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault


Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
legitimate tactic is legitimate
Excellent post is excellent.
__________________
Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
Aurmanite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
kaffis
Contributor
Major
 
Re: Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault


There's a lot of assumption here.

The biggest one is that "spawning a whole squad" will be a "quick" affair.

If a squad commander wants to get into an abusive position and spawn one MAX at a time over the course of the next 5 minutes (assuming a 30 second squad spawning cooldown, which I don't think is an unreasonable assumption -- if anything, I suspect that's a generous one), and nobody notices? More power to him. By the time he's got his whole squad of unsupported (no engineer!) MAXes up there, the fight's probably move elsewhere, anyways.
kaffis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General
 
NewSith's Avatar
 
Re: Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault


Originally Posted by Nick View Post
How is it irrelevant? It doesn't matter if all empires have it if the mechanic is dumb and ruins fights. It's obviously unfair for the defender if the problems arise as I stated.

Your point makes no sense at all.

If you float in like in BF3 Spawn beacon style then it will be fine, which I assume the Planetside 2 drop pod mechanic is inspired by..
Search the forums about what we know so far. For starters squad spawning is going to have a timer.
__________________

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
NewSith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
ThGlump
Captain
 
Re: Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault


All that thinking of spawning on squad leader and limiting squad leader so he dont abuse that. It was stated that if squad spawning will be certed high then you can spawn on any squad member. So unless you kill every last one drop pods will rain from sky.
ThGlump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Marinealver
Sergeant Major
 
Marinealver's Avatar
 
Re: Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault


Originally Posted by Zenben View Post
I don't see how this is any different than a cloaker in PS1 sneaking/dropping to a tactically advantageous spot and placing a router pad. As a matter of fact, the router was more dangerous, because it wasn't limited just to your squad.
Those were actually the hardest to do. I seen more routerss get OSED than AMSes. Especially around interfarms. (okay mabey an exageration but they were definatly #2 especailly if they were parked near towers)

But routers were vunerible also odds are more likely than not you had to drive the router yourself. So you cold not say hop in a mossie and then bail out over the roof without loosing ownership of your router thus deactivating your telepad.

With the Light Assault Squad Commander squad spawn ability, you can jump and then act as the spawn point all by yourself.
__________________
FOR THE SOVEREIGNTY
Marinealver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.