Zerg - And what that means? - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dont look now, But I think that turtle is watching us....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-19, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Stew
Major

Re: Zerg - And what that means?

Originally Posted by xnorb View Post
Stew, i wonder if you're only trolling here ...
Metro ?
Dude, serious ?
Metro is even worse than CoD ...
on.
Metro is the only BF3 maps who can be compare to Planetside 1 base Have yyou ever play PS1 ? Tigth corridor and few close square rooms Ps1 was all about corner camping in 3rd person view and corridor figth and square rooms and door way figth

Exactly like operation metro Both could be fun tho Metro is cluster fuck but funny as hell same for Ps1

Ps1
Old 2012-06-19, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
xnorb
Sergeant

Okay, if you like low TTK clusterfuck, then i already know which game i
will not play if you get your way.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
LightningDriver
Corporal

A zerg in planetside is something every other outfit does except for the one you are in. The one you belong to uses a tactical numerical advantage to complete the objective.
Old 2012-06-19, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LightningDriver View Post
A zerg in planetside is something every other outfit does except for the one you are in. The one you belong to uses a tactical numerical advantage to complete the objective.
HAHA! Winner, mods please lock the thread.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Espion View Post
Any group, outfit or not, that couldn't win a fight without a significant pop advantage (2:1 or more) was pretty much considered a zerg.
I did not assert anything contrary to this. An outfit does not necessarily equal a well organized group.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Zerging is when a "large amount of units" (anything much bigger then the opponents team) charges in blindly with out use of cover or tactical ideas. There is no copoeration between each other and always follow the leader for example watch from 1:40 and watch as they build up and follow TB as he kills anything in his way. That is an example of zerging. If 1 person is defending a position and is killed by having 3 guys go into a room and 2 die well 1 lives that is NOT zerging. Being over whelmed by a bigger party is not zerging. There needs to be no cooperation in the party and mindless running from point to point.
Old 2012-06-20, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Noivad
Master Sergeant

lol at all the Zerg definitions. I'll give you a example of a PS1 Zerg. Its when you have Organized and Unorganized Outfits, so called eleet types, with Solo non experienced players, and so called Squad Leaders, Platoon Leaders, Outfit Leaders, and CR5s that lead them, to attack a Capitol Building that cannot be hacked for lack of links to bring down the shields.

Thats is an example of zerglings in PS1 that historically still happens everyday in the game. Mindless, non tactical, non experienced players who do not know what the (insert expletive) they are doing. But do it cause it either seems to be the right thing to do, or because other lemmings are doing it. Kind of like the insects of the Starcraft that the term orginally came from, and is now used to describe players in many games.

Ya know this post is like the zerg too. A bunch of mindless people who came up with mindless answers, to something they could have looked up in google. lol

PS. To those of you who are not mindless, or at least think they are not disregard the last paragraph and carry on.
Very funny posts, funny read, good job. lol.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are

Last edited by Noivad; 2012-06-20 at 06:50 PM.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
LightningDriver
Corporal

Originally Posted by jepaul View Post
HAHA! Winner, mods please lock the thread.
That was a general "you", not a "you" pointed at you or your outfit. Try not to take the game so seriously. And you know very well, the zerg will win, after all the organized outfit are dust, the zerg remains.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

why are so many people on this tread not giving good answers and just talking non sense?
Old 2012-06-21, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by LightningDriver View Post
That was a general "you", not a "you" pointed at you or your outfit. Try not to take the game so seriously. And you know very well, the zerg will win, after all the organized outfit are dust, the zerg remains.
See "Zerg Outfits" are people that don't have tactical cooperation with each other (no mic, no chat) they just follow each other like ducks in a row and go were ever the wind takes them. They have high death ratio and don't use cover pretty much at all. That is what I define a zerg as.
Old 2012-06-22, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
Gwartham
Corporal

A zerg is something that people who shouldnt be playing MMO's say when people playing a MMO, actually play a MMO.

Apparently there is a fine line between hey this is great look at all the people fighting and "this zergfest sucks".
Old 2012-06-22, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Naz The Eternal
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
why are so many people on this tread not giving good answers and just talking non sense?
You sir, are not very familiar with the interwebs are you?

OUTFIT OFFICER
Vanu Sovereignty
Old 2012-06-22, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
Evahn
Private

Honestly, from what I've seen, the "Zerg" is just an overused terminology, so much so that there is no single set answer.

On a side note, I wholly promote zerging, at least in the sense of attacking with large, unorganized force. I mean, how else am I going to rack up BEP fast lol? Besides, dropping gens in the middle of some base no one can capture in order to cut off supply lines (a.k.a. black ops missions) may help the zerg win, but it isn't really all that rewarding (BEP or CEP wise), not to mention incredibly boring while waiting for somone to actually show up and give you a challenge.

So, yeah, bring on the zerging - I always did love a good target rich environment.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion