The Endless Resupply exploit + fix - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It will be better then sex....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-06, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Re: The Endless Resupply exploit + fix

Originally Posted by Helwyr View Post
The reliance on Medics is taking away from other classes functions, Infiltrators and LA are rarely going to be near a Medic. Nor are we all going to be playing in organized squads no matter how hard it is pushed on players. If I could wave a magic wand at Higby and make him just get rid of the Medic class altogether and give access to it's abilities through certs to other classes I would.
So you want self reliance in a team bases game? Don't really like that and I'm actually someone who goes of on his own a lot. If their is no medic about you can survive pretty well depending mostly on your shields and being sneaky. One problem I had with ps1 was everyone could do every role, giving medic abilities to the other classes would be repeating this again. I'm in general against such supersoilder play. Now I don't mind an implant being added to allow people to be less dependent, like the one I previously said.
Old 2012-09-06, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Renegadeknight View Post
So you want self reliance in a team bases game? Don't really like that and I'm actually someone who goes of on his own a lot. If their is no medic about you can survive pretty well depending mostly on your shields and being sneaky. One problem I had with ps1 was everyone could do every role, giving medic abilities to the other classes would be repeating this again. I'm in general against such supersoilder play. Now I don't mind an implant being added to allow people to be less dependent, like the one I previously said.
People keep throwing this "Team based game" stuff out there, the "team" is the Faction. Now if you want to make it a purely squad or outfit based game and exclude everyone that doesn't play in Squads/Outfits, then fair enough, myself and lots of others simply won't play.

The fact of the matter is you don't need to make the game artificially more difficult to run around solo to make being in an organized squad an advantage. Having a dozen people on voice playing as a single unit night after night is already going to be a massive advantage vs a dozen random guys irrespective of things like being able to self heal. What your doing isn't enabling "team" play it's dis-enabling and a big F-you to people with different playstyles and those that are simply too casual to commit to the requirements of organized outfits.

Implants should be to add something special and unique to your character, not a base requirement so that your class functions properly... As an Infiltrator I'll likely already need one Implant to block those ridiculous IRNV sights, now you want me to have one to slowly regen health as well.
Old 2012-09-07, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

Trade off shield regen for health regen
Old 2012-09-07, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

People keep throwing this "Team based game" stuff out there, the "team" is the Faction. Now if you want to make it a purely squad or outfit based game and exclude everyone that doesn't play in Squads/Outfits, then fair enough, myself and lots of others simply won't play.

The fact of the matter is you don't need to make the game artificially more difficult to run around solo to make being in an organized squad an advantage. Having a dozen people on voice playing as a single unit night after night is already going to be a massive advantage vs a dozen random guys irrespective of things like being able to self heal. What your doing isn't enabling "team" play it's dis-enabling and a big F-you to people with different playstyles and those that are simply too casual to commit to the requirements of organized outfits.

Implants should be to add something special and unique to your character, not a base requirement so that your class functions properly... As an Infiltrator I'll likely already need one Implant to block those ridiculous IRNV sights, now you want me to have one to slowly regen health as well.
well several things. One, I go on my own alot, haven't really been playing too much in organized squads so don't assume I'm trying to force that. What I'm saying is that you should not be self reliant. Similar to how we don't have infinite ammo we shouldn't have auto heal. If your running about as a light assault/infiltrator by yourself behind the enemy you should be sneaky trying to get the drop hit and run and so on(I've done this perfectly fine as is quite a few times and survived a good while, well as light assault as infiltrator really isn't to great at well infiltrating right now.) The no self heal is not something that makes your class impossible to play, it would just be an improvement and like other improvements there should be advantages and disadvantages. If say there was an anti IRNV scope implant like you said you have to balance the pros and cons, ability to heal or better sneaking. If you feel that you can't get the job done because of your current amount of supplies either pull back to gather health/supplies or find someone who can give them to you.

Originally Posted by TheBladeRoden View Post
Trade off shield regen for health regen
That would be a bad trade off as they pretty much would be very similar. No real reason there.

Last edited by Renegadeknight; 2012-09-07 at 01:20 AM.
Old 2012-09-07, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Sorry Renegadeknight you may go off solo or w/e but your posts in this thread have clearly shown your colors and you're definitely not speaking in the interests of solo or casual players.

I was completely happy with the original Planetside in terms of soloing and it was fine for casual players just to jump in and get involved, and yes have a reasonable degree of self sufficiency. But for some reason you think that it's an improvement that players like me have to go around with all these handicaps.. lose shield regen for health regen? seriously lol! And what some casual player jumps in the game runs around solo fighting for his faction or even part of some random squad, but he's running around on few slivers of health after the first firefight looking for a medic player, because you think that's great gameplay?

Speaking of self sufficiency, why is that you can be an engineer and pilot and drive vehicles? What do you have to give up to be a self repairing tank gunner/driver or self repairing pilot who can easily just whiz on by to one of those ammo towers for a reload? How is they can be self sufficient but Infantry classes like Infiltrators and LA who seem purpose built for solo play cannot? Perhaps if Medics are supposed to be the only ones able to heal, Infiltrators should be the only ones to hack consoles/control points and take control of bases/outposts.. "team work" yay!

Seriously this conversation is just ridiculous, some of you guys need to really stop and think about what you asking for and what's motivating you to try so hard at handicapping certain classes/playstyles.
Old 2012-09-07, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Sorry Renegadeknight you may go off solo or w/e but your posts in this thread have clearly shown your colors and you're definitely not speaking in the interests of solo or casual players.

I was completely happy with the original Planetside in terms of soloing and it was fine for casual players just to jump in and get involved, and yes have a reasonable degree of self sufficiency. But for some reason you think that it's an improvement that players like me have to go around with all these handicaps.. lose shield regen for health regen? seriously lol! And what some casual player jumps in the game runs around solo fighting for his faction or even part of some random squad, but he's running around on few slivers of health after the first firefight looking for a medic player, because you think that's great gameplay?

Speaking of self sufficiency, why is that you can be an engineer and pilot and drive vehicles? What do you have to give up to be a self repairing tank gunner/driver or self repairing pilot who can easily just whiz on by to one of those ammo towers for a reload? How is they can be self sufficient but Infantry classes like Infiltrators and LA who seem purpose built for solo play cannot? Perhaps if Medics are supposed to be the only ones able to heal, Infiltrators should be the only ones to hack consoles/control points and take control of bases/outposts.. "team work" yay!

Seriously this conversation is just ridiculous, some of you guys need to really stop and think about what you asking for and what's motivating you to try so hard at handicapping certain classes/playstyles.
Low health is in no way a death sentence, it really isn't. Your shields always take the damage first, and if your actually trying to be careful you would try to prevent health loss. I have survived with one health point and just shields. As for the vehicle engineer combo, I guess you do have a point there, but than again he picked an engineer to pretty much repair the vehicle. You can heal yourself as a medic similar to being able to heal your vehicle as an engineer. There are also medic packs(they're ingame now but broken) which can be used to heal yourself, and infiltrators are suppose to be able to hack equipment terms which they could resupply from(don't take that as 100% though as I'm not completely sure.). I do play solo alot and have no intention of making it unplayable(it is completely playable) I just don't like the super soldier feel. As I said before, I'm fine with self heal, but it should be a trade off for something(the other guys suggestion of shield wasn't really a good one as they pretty much fill the same role). Don't think anyone soldier should have everything. The last thing I'm going to say is if worse comes to worse die and respawn, your going to die a lot and really should except that. Worst thing that comes from dieing is a short trip from a gal or spawn.

Last edited by Renegadeknight; 2012-09-07 at 03:55 AM.
Old 2012-09-07, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

I don't know...

so now I like playing medic because I can stay alive longer,
but I run out of ammo so I actually like playing engineer,
then again I end up getting shot so I decided to stay on the outskirts of fights,
that's when I realized that the infiltrator was for me,
only, people still found and shot me,
so really, the MAX suit was my true obsession,
but I couldn't hack anything,
the best compromise was of course heavy assault, the perfect class,
only I couldn't take full advantage of my versatility,
that's when I knew that light assault beat all,
but all those shoot and scoot tactics whittled away at my health,
(go to top)
Old 2012-09-07, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

Uhh how about you smarten up when your attacking and kill equip terms before you cap a base instead if whining on here. The instant resupply from equip terms is one of the best things in the game and imo its what separates the truely tactical and crafty players from the mindless shoot em up people. With proper cooldowns it would be balanced.Will be real sad to see this go away but i shouldnt be surprised it seems devs always cater to whoever cries over something.
Old 2012-09-07, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ohaunlaim View Post
I don't know...

so now I like playing medic because I can stay alive longer,
but I run out of ammo so I actually like playing engineer,
then again I end up getting shot so I decided to stay on the outskirts of fights,
that's when I realized that the infiltrator was for me,
only, people still found and shot me,
so really, the MAX suit was my true obsession,
but I couldn't hack anything,
the best compromise was of course heavy assault, the perfect class,
only I couldn't take full advantage of my versatility,
that's when I knew that light assault beat all,
but all those shoot and scoot tactics whittled away at my health,
(go to top)
Well I guess I'm just going to stop trying to convince you guys and agree to disagree as this isn't going to go anywhere. Guess we'll just have to see where the devs decide to go and how it works out in practice.
Old 2012-09-07, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Renegadeknight View Post
Low health is in no way a death sentence, it really isn't.
Right, and scabies are fun to have too!

Sorry, but Helwyr is right and you are wrong. People should not be overtly punished for not being interested in joining some armchair army of uber gaming nerds in a video game. If that offends your ideals, woopie, it doesn't make it any less true.

If SOE wants to make the most money possible from PS2, they're going to have to make it genuinely fun for people from all walks of life, not just the vocal minority of "hardcore gamers". Personally, I'd rather have 10 million players who play as they see fit than 15,000 players who foam at the mouth about my game.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
CutterJohn
Colonel

Vehicles currently have a slow base regen though its closer to 5 minutes to heal up. It affects absolutely no combat at all, and you are fooling yourself if you think it does.

A slow base regen for infantry will be fine.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion