Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you are reading this, you are already dead
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Hackers with bots claim all your keys sadly ... it seams all the beta keys are gone whithin 3 seconde or less !

I think you guys should post all the beta keys in a ((Picture format ))
The bots claim is possible but still probably very unlikely. Especially from Twitter. This also doesn't account for the fact we are maxing out our Twitter Direct Messages every day.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Irondove View Post
So after learning how to use twitter and asking for a beta key, gmail informs me that a hacker tried to access my gmail from vietnam. Thank goodness he didnt get through; and ive amped up my security to "very strong". goodluck to the next hacker who tries, and if hes successful, ill look into 128bit random encryption keys. but honestly i really dont want to have to go learn that road just yet.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Thursday, June 7, 2012 6:32:51 AM GMT
IP Address: 125.234.4.10

so one more thing to worry about i guess.
Have you ever used Linkedin or eHarmony? They were recently compromised. I've had this happen before using dirty public WiFi in Las Vegas.

Don't give up!
Old 2012-06-07, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I hope there will still be website oriented beta key giveaways, been trying to get a beta key for my RL friend for over 2 days now. Would love to be able to play with him on beta.

All your base are belong to us... eventually.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
LegioX
First Sergeant

Find a guy from the UK to buy a mag for you and give you the key, then forward him the cost of mag. Thats what i did
Old 2012-06-07, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Sotonian
Corporal

Just tried several times, all tweets got to me within 5-8 seconds using multiple tabs open on twitter + refreshing another one with the code redeem page on my second monitor, trying to copy and paste with keyboard commands, but be getting them onto the redeem page within 10 seconds of the tweet going out but not getting anywhere
Old 2012-06-07, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Handy
Private

I have given up for now about getting a key so soon :P I will get it when I get it.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Sotonian
Corporal

My current beta key setup, have multiple tabs open due to delay and refreshing the one at the end every 3 seconds. Copying the code with the CTRL+C cmmand and pasting using CTRL+V, tried every code posted today and nothing
Old 2012-06-07, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
ParisTeta
Sergeant

Yeah no luck either, got three time different error message code is not aviable for this game instead of the long code already used message. And now Twitter is down, cannot find page. Frustating.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sotonian View Post

My current beta key setup, have multiple tabs open due to delay and refreshing the one at the end every 3 seconds. Copying the code with the CTRL+C cmmand and pasting using CTRL+V, tried every code posted today and nothing
are you trying to enter the first key on the list or starting 3/4 of the way down? I have a couple local friends that were able to each get one without too much ado.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Sotonian
Corporal

Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
are you trying to enter the first key on the list or starting 3/4 of the way down? I have a couple local friends that were able to each get one without too much ado.
Trying each one as they appear, the multiple tabs are there as the delay in receiving new updates from twitter can vary a lot.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Novacane
Private

They really should have given out keys to PS1 vets before this social media firestorm they created. Let the people who actually need them fight over them..
Old 2012-06-07, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Hobitt
Corporal

lol twitter crashed

Last edited by Hobitt; 2012-06-07 at 11:56 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
They really should have given out keys to PS1 vets before this social media firestorm they created. Let the people who actually need them fight over them..
How many times do people need to say this.
Vet's aren't getting keys. Our accounts will be flagged. Why would they give us
a code if they can just turn on accounts?
Old 2012-06-07, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Was what I was thinking, I can think up a friend or two I could get into the whole PS2 experience.

Well, good things come to those who wait. I'm very impressed with the whole E3 thing, been years that I've been glued to my screen and so hyped up about something. Been doing nothing else then PSU forums and E3 Planetside streams / recordings... can't get enough!

*edit I thought you mean't buddy beta keys, I know i'm taken care off so I have no worries for myself.

All your base are belong to us... eventually.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Elude
First Sergeant

I do believe I activated a key, but I'm not certain as there seems to be no area where it displays your activations
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion