What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Down with Google-related brain-damage!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-01, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Re: What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2?

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Too be completely honest, I have never wanted a lock-on A2A missle in the game. Let the Dogs dogfight!
Wow, I actually totally agree with you on something!

I was hoping that the flares would negate the A2A, but as it stands now, no dice.
Old 2012-09-01, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Rico Suave
Private

The backhacking. Specifically, the ability to backhack anywhere at anytime. They did stick an adjacency rule in and it turned the game into a barrel of fun.... then it uh, reverted back to the old ways. I'm not against backhacking, just this whack-a-mole gameplay, especially since there is no warning that any of your territories are getting hacked.

Oh yeah, and NC overpopulation. NC is my side but it is not fun at all to simply dominate through sheer numbers, they gotta put a cap on or something, so I've moved to TR on a different server for now and am planning on testing the Vanu.
Old 2012-09-01, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Pullo
Private

Air power exerts too much influence on the game at this point. It requires a lot more balancing.
Old 2012-09-01, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
Wow, I actually totally agree with you on something!

I was hoping that the flares would negate the A2A, but as it stands now, no dice.
If flares could simply negate A2A, then they would be useless. The balance for them is about right now, where the problem lies in is in the missiles themselves.

If their turning rate, fuel / speed and whatever is adjusted, then we will be fine. A flare can then get you out of a bad situation, but good piloting will always be better.
Old 2012-09-01, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
HungrySpirit
Private

The VS have way to much power in the weapons. they need cut back.

The VS have way to much more power in there hand held weapons. they need to cut it back.
Old 2012-09-01, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Diehard
Corporal

Get rid of A2A missiles!
Old 2012-09-02, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
HenchAnt
Corporal

Currently its Ground-to-Air that feels imbalanced most. Mosquitos diving head on into 3+ AA-Maxes, rocketspamming the infantry at close range and living to tell the tale feels just wrong.
Old 2012-09-02, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
OcO
Private

I think it is still to early yet in the beta for a lot of the balancing issues to be properly worked out.

Air may seem to strong right now when there is an average of like 50 people per Empire on a continent at a time but the game is suppose to be about MASSIVE warfare and needs to be balanced around that.

Originally Posted by HenchAnt View Post
Currently its Ground-to-Air that feels imbalanced most. Mosquitos diving head on into 3+ AA-Maxes, rocketspamming the infantry at close range and living to tell the tale feels just wrong.
Besides the fact that not everything is unlocked yet, what happens when each Empire has 500 people on at any given time and there are like 50 AA maxes at each base insta-glibbing any aircraft that comes near?

Balance issues need to wait till all the game mechanics are properly in place and available to test and there are enough players testing per server to get an idea of how things will really play out on a more grand scale.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-02, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Flak ineffectiveness is the #1 for me due to the profound impact it has on the rest of the game.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-03 at 12:51 AM.
Old 2012-09-02, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
OcO
Private

Another example of how balance will change when the populations increase.

I've seen a number of people complain that aircraft can to easily hover and rocket spam ground troops. When there are 10 times as many aircraft in the air cause the populations are so much higher than they are atm, aircraft will not have such an easy time hovering in place or doing a slow strafing run cause there will be way more defending aircraft in the air keeping them engaged.

I don't believe it is possible to balance everything for both small scale and large scale warfare. IMO the focus should be on large scale balance.
Old 2012-09-02, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Fenrys
Major

A large conflict is many small conflicts happening in parallel. If the small scale is not balanced, the large scale will just magnify the effects of imbalance.
Old 2012-09-03, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
HenchAnt
Corporal

Originally Posted by OcO View Post
Besides the fact that not everything is unlocked yet, what happens when each Empire has 500 people on at any given time and there are like 50 AA maxes at each base insta-glibbing any aircraft that comes near?
If 5 AA maxes can't stop 1-pilot-aircrafts from rocketfarming the 20-30 footslogger next to them, then 50 AA maxes will have a very hard time preventing 10 1-pilot-aircraft from rocketfarming 200-300 footsloggers.

And 10 solo pilots farming 1/3 of an empires population is kind of a worst case scenario.

You are right that things might even out once the AA-rocket for infantry becomes available. But it won't increase the impact and fun factor of AA maxes. And I honestly doubt it will be enough. What I've seen so far were mosquitos taking turns to do solo attack runs (and surviving). Once the airjocks manage enough teamplay to attack as packs or pull groups of heavier planes, things will only become worse for ground sloggers.

PS1 was already a farmfest for Reaver pilots. And the PS1 Sparrow felt quite a bit more powerful than the PS2 Burster does now.
Old 2012-09-03, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
fod
Master Sergeant

my number 1 balance issue is aircraft and the lack of effective AA
the skyguard has bad recoil on top of the screen shake bug
the AA for tanks (A30 walker) is horrible for AA (but awesome at everything else lol) because of massive bullet drop and bullet travel time

meanwhile aircraft can instakill just about anything with their rockets
Old 2012-09-03, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Sunrock
Major

NC is OP!!!!!!

Seriously though. The Galaxy spawning is a bit OP...
Old 2012-09-03, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
psychobilly
Corporal

My biggest issue is with a light assault flying over head, dropping a c4 pack on you, and one shot killing a max unit. Should a pack of c4 kill most anything? Yes in real life, but it's an obnoxious game mechanic. If the c4 had to be carefully placed with a small timer... ok. But just whipping a glob of c4 at someone and detonating it... shitty mechanic.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion