Sundy drivers get no love - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can be used as a floatation device.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-04, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

Sundy drivers get no love

So I was driving people back and forth from a far off galaxy spawn into a base the zerg was attacking when i realized I have no experience incentive for this support role other than my own personal sense of pride in helping my team. Then it hit me, Sundy drivers get 0 exp! Yes i get plenty of bumber kills but it'd be nice to have some sort or transport experience and repairing/ re-arming experience. I've chose sundy as my main vehicle and have it completely certed but starting to realize the more time i spend driving one the less experience and auraxium i will achieve. There needs to be some kind of support exp for sundy driver.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Sundy drivers get no love

I absolutly agree.
Support roles need support!

On the other side, ghost hackers shouldn't earn any xp.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shogun
Contributor
General

the actual support xp system totally sucks!

please give us back the system from ps1! it worked GREAT! and was less abusable than the actual things in ps2.

you know, whenever someone uses your support service and shoots someone afterwards, you get a portion of this kill xp as well.

support services include repaired (and later hacked) terminals, deployed galaxy, repairing or healing soldiers or vehicles and transporting soldiers to battle. if you bring in a team with any kind of vehicle, you should get some xp for the kills this team does in the next 5 minutes after the transport, or until the supported player dies. since everybody dies very fast, this option would be the best.

whenever someone profits from your support, you profit from his kills until he dies. easy rule

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-09-04, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

That sounds good to me Shogun. I noticed with my Gal that I get 5xp every time someone spawns there. If placing and defending that spawn point was my main roll, I might get to BR 10 by 2057 lol... More support for the support rolls in action would be great.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

Sunderer drivers will probably get repair points once the repair aura cert is enabled , at least they should . You should also get deploy/ deploy kill bonuses from everyone your deliver to the front line in addition to the share of the 2 gunners exp .

Last edited by Maarvy; 2012-09-04 at 08:45 AM.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I have driven those sundies around and in terms of running of enemy troops its always hit and miss for me. Even though I run right over the enemy he doesn't die. Yet if I ever so slightly touch a friendly they get killed. I haven't used it for a awhile, so maybe its changed by now.

And yes there should be some kind of support XP for repping and kills made by those who your repair IMO.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

In PS1 I would land a loadstar and a crew and I would act as a pit stop for the war effort. I could get around 10,000 EXP per a support interval if I was the only one. It was fun

PS2 needs a little more reward for support.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

PS2 needs a little more reward for support.
a LOT more reward because the support roles have suffered enough already by losing most of their functionality.
please don´t scare away the little rest of support players by not even granting them the xp they deserve!

getting 5xp for a repair tick is stupid. we need the bonus of shared kill xp like it was in ps1.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-09-04, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I've got a thread going on the official forums about bringing back the dynamic XP system used in PS1:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-xp-gain.8197/

In addition, devs have mentioned letting Sunderer drivers cert into a spawn point option as a replacement for the AOE repair ability. That might help!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-09-04, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DaMann
Private

I agree that the support roles are underwhelming. Im usually a medic or an engineer and plan on max certing those when the game comes out. But other than the feeling of assisting your team mates on the battle field there is really no other incentive for being one of the most important cogs in the wheels of war. Some of my best moments in battle is supporting my squads maxes with constant repair, or reviving several fallen comrades to quickly re-attack or fortify defenses.

I would rather drive a sundy then a gal any day. The sundy should get nearby healing/repair bonuses is its not going to act like an AMS.
Old 2012-09-04, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Theres no reason to be in your vehicle at all if your a driver and your squad has gotten out. In fact its almost like you're encouraged to leave, so the enemy don't get more exp for your death as well.

Which becomes higly frustrating with the low survival rate compared to the high cost of your vehicle. OBVIOUSLY alot of this will change when people cert their vehicles more. But i think, the shield that the Gal gets when deployed should also be allowed on the Sundy when deployed. ADDING to that, you should be allowed to force your shield strength to be stronger in a certain direction while you sit there.

This would force the Sundy to deploy, and the driver to stay inside and maintain its optimum defense at the enemy lines. I.e. shift your shield strength to the right hand side. Would make the drivers seat actually useful. And make Sundys and gals more versatile, and not just large targets. But could still be flanked.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-04, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
I've got a thread going on the official forums about bringing back the dynamic XP system used in PS1:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-xp-gain.8197/

In addition, devs have mentioned letting Sunderer drivers cert into a spawn point option as a replacement for the AOE repair ability. That might help!
The current plan is to let the Sunderer replace repair with a number of options which could include Spawning. It'll get better!
Old 2012-09-04, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
DaMann
Private

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
The current plan is to let the Sunderer replace repair with a number of options which could include Spawning. It'll get better!
Good thanks. Next to the mag and scy, the sundy is my next fully certified vehicle Ill upgrade. And like one of the posters stated having the sundy act as a rolling shield could be an upgrade i will get behind. If not have a cert to deploy a shield like the gal.
Old 2012-09-04, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by DaMann View Post
Good thanks. Next to the mag and scy, the sundy is my next fully certified vehicle Ill upgrade. And like one of the posters stated having the sundy act as a rolling shield could be an upgrade i will get behind. If not have a cert to deploy a shield like the gal.
I'd like to see a minesweeper attachment too!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-09-04, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Rejoice!? I'm cautioned due to "which could" words.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion