Death Bug - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For when you get sick of looking at the spawntube door.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-21, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
PClownPosse
Private

Death Bug

This happened to me twice now.

Upon death, and before respawning, if I fiddle around in the equipment customization screen for a while, all of the respawn locations disappear and I'm stuck staring at my dead corpse with no way to respawn.

I had to exit the game and return both times.

This happen to anyone else?
Old 2012-10-24, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ZeiZu
Private

Re: Death Bug

I've had this same bug also a couple of times.
Good to know I'm not alone
Old 2012-10-24, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah, I haven't tested it out since this last happened to me to verify, avoiding doing anything other than changing classes before selecting a respawn point.
Old 2012-10-25, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Onasis
Private

Same here. Only thing I could do to get back to life were to use the instant action option on the map.

An other Bug I got: during the deployment screen when there were some Sunderers around I couldn't deploy at any of them and had to choose one of the facilities. I don't know when this happens or not..
Old 2012-10-25, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hosp
First Sergeant

Unless it really is a bug...

What happens is when you goto the certs/equipment/etc, it takes you away from the "Deployment" map and shows you the regular Game Map. They look practically identical. When that happens look in the TOP LEFT CORNER to see "<< DEPLOYMENT". It's a little hard to see sometimes blending into the map.

Hit that and you'll go back to the Deployment Screen.

An other Bug I got: during the deployment screen when there were some Sunderers around I couldn't deploy at any of them and had to choose one of the facilities. I don't know when this happens or not..
That is a bug and an annoying one at that. If you're in a squad, see if someone can get a beacon up. It usually only happens for one death, then the sundies will work again for a few spawns. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by Hosp; 2012-10-25 at 09:08 AM.
Old 2012-10-25, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
koai
Private

That is a bug
Old 2012-10-25, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Beerbeer
Major

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
Unless it really is a bug...

What happens is when you goto the certs/equipment/etc, it takes you away from the "Deployment" map and shows you the regular Game Map. They look practically identical. When that happens look in the TOP LEFT CORNER to see "<< DEPLOYMENT". It's a little hard to see sometimes blending into the map.

Hit that and you'll go back to the Deployment Screen.

That is a bug and an annoying one at that. If you're in a squad, see if someone can get a beacon up. It usually only happens for one death, then the sundies will work again for a few spawns. Rinse and repeat.

When it happened it me, I tried going to the deployment screen as you had indicated, but all spawn points were gone. I had to either wait five minutes to instant action to a location (strange how it didn't allow me to do this instantly, instead giving me a countdown timer availability) or exit out.

Even the sanctuary spawn location didn't show up.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hosp
First Sergeant

I haven't experience that specifically. However if that be the case, make sure you report it in game and post it in the tech forum of the PS2 forum so it gets addressed.

The sundy issue is well known, your issue may be new or under reported (hence why haven't heard about it).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion