any tips with reaver pilot? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimp my Galaxy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-21, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Shub
Private

Easiest way to kill a Reaver is with a Phoenix. From half a kilometer away. Behind a hill. Yeah, good luck finding me.
Old 2003-04-21, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
jeb
Private

I edited my post it was to argumentative. And there is really no point in arguing with you Vol. I stand by my statements as it has been proven true to me 99% of reaver encounters I have been a part of.

I believe it is important to note most reaver encounters occur near bases or towers or ams areas of high population. That being said, most reavers attacking someone are very visible and very open targets that are concentrating on flying or attacking someone which make them easier kills. That being said, I stand by my 1 on 1 statement. Anyways, remember that if a striker missle hits you leave, run away because the second one has already hit you. If you hesitate number 3 is soon to follow.

It takes 4 to take down an undamaged reaver so it is not like you pilots dont have time to run which is what a good pilot does. I can promise that I love to encounter the reavers that want to go toe to toe with me, they are a lot easier to kill since its easier to keep a lock on you. Any good TR AV Striker user I think would back me up on this.

How do I know when I am facing a good reaver pilot? He does not stick around to fight and goes on to easier targets.

On a side note, I typically find Mosquits tougher to take down than reavers. Why? They are use to hit and move and get out of the area fast on the first missle hit. Reaver pilots tend to think they can fight it out and that is their main problem.

Hit a mosquito and he flys away. Hit a reaver and he turns to face you which at that point is to late for him.

Last edited by jeb; 2003-04-21 at 11:14 PM.
Old 2003-04-22, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Although my vehicle of choice. The Reaver turn speed, sucks. Strafe speed, sucks. Slowing down after haulin' ass, sucks. The rockets being weapon of choice, suck. The CG is almost useless. Though someone with more skills and a better ping and more than 15 to 20 fps could prolly make use of it. Lack of ability to zoom w/reaver weapons, sucks. Time on respawn, sucks. External view, sucks. And still, it is my fav.
Old 2003-04-22, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
BeerJedi
Sergeant

I'll agree with jeb to a degree. If the TR Striker gets u in the ass, u better be very quick in lockin' on the infantry, if not, ab out and come back. A striker can spit out 3 missles quickly, and reload isn't that long. If your even remotely damaged, it only takes three missles, ask the poor reaver pilot last night over Aton, I know he was confused (he was being smart and straffin' over the base, i was outside it and landed all three shots (but he was damaged and went kaboom).

Striker is an effective anti air.

But Reaver vs troop comes down to player vs player.

I actually shot down a reaver with a punisher the other night. I know I got lucky to a degree, but i was using my terrain against him, forcing him into hover or to go where i wanted him.

I kept planting rocklets (i used a ton) on him till finally exploded, i stepped out from behind my tree in front of him, and my last rocklet landed in the cockpit.

Trees are infantry's friend.

that is not to say that I haven't been out manuevered myself. Fighting from a base roof, One reaver fooled me into going one direction, the strafed around behind me, i spun to meet him, he AB away'd. kept it up so much i got disoriented to the point he floated down from high and just unloaded onto my head. OUCH!
Old 2003-04-22, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

I agree with Jeb completely. I don't know what else to say other than it is a complete fluke if a reaver takes out a striker user that is aware of the reaver's presence 1 on 1. The striker is outright the best AA weapon in the game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion