"marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Walk Like a Battle Frame
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-20, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
kidriot
Sergeant Major

Red face Re: "marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
SOE can think whatever they want about who is going to be commanding,EvilPig will be running the show,he has the most ppl to lead around and if he doesn't want the 666 to do something this other guy wants then it wont happen.

the 666 teamspeak is going to be the real nerve center of the NC fight,there are just too many of us old NC guys that actually know how to run an event from Markov playing on Connery to let some stranger get us all wiped out due to a lack of any sort of ability to lead ppl in a game that he doesn't really play.

the 3 hour timeframe is way too short too,just as you get your rhythm(?) the event will be over.
When you mean "us" do you mean the 666th in particular? Or perhaps the NC? I know you aren't talking about Hostile Takeover

I think EvilPig is a decent guy but time and time again the 666th on Connery have proven a couple things:

1) They spend an awful lot of time in the warpgate doing nothing
2) They spend an awful lot of time outside of the warpgate achieving nothing

People can play this game the way they want to, no problem. Outfits are also obviously free to choose what they deem a successful op, or a fun night of playing but from Day 1 of Connery I've yet to hear (until the recent smooching between CCG & DD, which is a good thing to be honest) anyone say, "Man, thank God the Devil Dogs are here."

We do with 20 what the Devil Dogs can't get done with a full platoon - time and time again.

The entire event is gonna be a PR nightmare. Why haven't the rules been released? I can only imagine because of marketing that SOE is going to lock the event to Indar and it will involve The Crown or something similar because it will show the most explosions for their live stream.

I wanted to go to the live event but I'm gonna go online instead and make sure my outfit Hostile Takeover makes this event a pain in the ass for all the TR & Vanu involved. Fuck the idea of winning, we just wanna make people groan.

And Sarge you should know better than anyone, strength in numbers is only an illusion; zergs always follow the path of least resistance. Sure, you throw 2 Platoons @ Rashnu against 15 people and you'll get it. Fine, we'll do something else on the perimeter to keep you moving and spread out and getting pissed off. It's how us smaller outfits roll.

Besides, the best big large outfits on Connery are TRG and whatever alliance they have cooked up. I honestly don't think 666th and CCG can stand up to what level of organization TRG has to make a big enough difference. The Vanu can get organized into large Scythe & Mag swarms but those are easy to deal with - TRG come with everything.

Last edited by kidriot; 2013-01-20 at 10:57 PM.
Old 2013-01-21, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: "marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked

I don't give a damn and so should you.

If these clowns can attract more clowns for us clowns to shoot at, hell why not. Aslong as i don't have to swear to protect the life of our british biscuit leader.
Old 2013-01-21, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

It was bad to hire tobuscus but it was even worse to fire him. Nevertheless levelcab seems to be more promising regarding the present players.
Old 2013-01-21, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by kidriot View Post
Besides, the best big large outfits on Connery are TRG and whatever alliance they have cooked up. I honestly don't think 666th and CCG can stand up to what level of organization TRG has to make a big enough difference. The Vanu can get organized into large Scythe & Mag swarms but those are easy to deal with - TRG come with everything.
Pretty much. We've been trying to deal with the TR ever since this alliance formed and we're having a lot of difficulty working against it. It seems as if regardless of where the NC (or VS) go, we end up getting mopped up and warpgated by the TR as of late. At least, this only really occurs during prime time hours.
Old 2013-01-21, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

TRG has definitely come up with an amazing alliance. The other night they must have fielded at least four hundred people. It was on esamir outside our warpgate. You could literally point your gun in the air any direction and hit an airplane. The air war lasted about fifteen minutes. The building I was on initially had about thirty burster maxes on it. When the waves of armor and infantry hit most of those burster maxes switched to reg inf and pushed out to meet them. In the end I think the guys lost a little heart in that incredible fighting. The raw power of the enemy was intimidating. But I never quit, even after the guys had pulled back to the warpgate I was standing on top of that building fighting back with my dual falcon max and a very brave engineer. I am starting to think some of the guys are too used to playing on nearly empty continents.
Old 2013-01-21, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...ats=seananners

seriously wtf

Time Played: 0d 1h 23m
or this..

http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...tats=Seanannos
still wtf.
Time Played: 0d 3h 34m

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-01-21 at 10:24 AM.
Old 2013-01-21, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Black Creeper
Private

That is not him. In his video when he creates his character SEANNERS is taken so he makes a different ID.

BC
Old 2013-01-21, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
kidriot
Sergeant Major

Thumbs up Re: "marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
Pretty much. We've been trying to deal with the TR ever since this alliance formed and we're having a lot of difficulty working against it. It seems as if regardless of where the NC (or VS) go, we end up getting mopped up and warpgated by the TR as of late. At least, this only really occurs during prime time hours.
We're always looking to run around with other outfits. We have a decent relationship with SMF and usually hit up PG to see what they're doing. Still looking for more outfits to fill out a platoon with tho. Hit me up in game!
Old 2013-01-21, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
EVILoHOMER
Major

lol NC were noobs in PS, so funny how they're now apparently the hardest to play... I dunno though I play as well with each faction, don't see any difference as they all play the same. Sure people will claim there are vehicles and weapons of the faction specific stuff, my stats however have shown I do the exact same on each faction. Though what is weird is the stats show I fight mainly TR as NC and Vanu at like 80% lol..... as TR I fight mainly Vanu and mostly ignore NC.

Just find it weird as really it should be 33% for each faction and that is never the case. For a game that is meant to be about 3 faction fights, I never experience them, it is always 1 v 1. Usually as each faction decides to dominate a Cont, so whatever cont you're on you will fight one dominate faction.

That said I haven't played since Mid December... I wont come back until SOE add the underslung MCG back into the game.

Last edited by EVILoHOMER; 2013-01-21 at 07:05 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion