This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to much ! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Violating labor laws daily.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-29, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to much !

Ok now serious talk ,

This game as been designed to be play in a 64 KM2 open wold sandbox game with 2000 players on it , Absolutly no games as been designed this way EVER even the first planetside was a skirmish compare to that !

So i see to much disrespect and to much people trying to force, or controle, or limites the FREEPLAYERS based, wich in the SOE plans are suposed to be at least 80 % of the overall players based !

We need them, in order to achive the unprecedented scales we need , so i would like the people in here to stop putting up ideas about limiting the Freeplayers, these people have to be please they have to get atached to the game, and then they will probably spend some $$ down the road on it if they really like their experience, and are atached to the game !

These freeplayers arent just free loaders these people are : IN GAME CONTENTS, they are mostly the ones who are going to populated the game!

Anyones here will mind to play skyrims whiout the NPC everywhere on it ?

Anyones here will mind to play planetside 2 whiout the epics numbers in it ? Since the game have been design this way, it could be a catastrophe to have very low numbers in the open continents !

So Freeplayers will make our experience greater and better, so please stop the limitation crappy ideas, this will not help the game, it will ruins it if the player based is ruins, the game is ruins, simple as thats ps2 is a 100 % online pvp game, no instance ,no PVE contents it depend all on Players contents !

So think about it before starting all those treads about, how to limites the free players, they are the most important players, since they will be the vast majority of the players based so they need to be treated well, if not they will never come back !

Please leave the core features out of the payment discussion all the core features like outfit creation , outfit core options , weapons , atachements , VOIP options , Apps options , leadersboards options , in game options everything thats affect the core experience, as the be left out of the payments models !

Thanks !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-29 at 07:57 AM.
Old 2012-06-29, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to mu

I'm the most important player because I have an unfounded sense of entitlement.
Old 2012-06-29, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to mu

Last I checked this will not be pay-to-win. With that said, the whole idea behind the free to play in the first place is, I assume, to accommodate the need for a high player count, which everybody will appreciate. I agree with leaving as much open to "free loaders" as possible. My only concern is that the paid incentives won't be lucrative enough, and I would imagine a lot of people willing to pay feel the same way. This game will only get better if the money rolls in.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-06-29, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
Last I checked this will not be pay-to-win. With that said, the whole idea behind the free to play in the first place is, I assume, to accommodate the need for a high player count, which everybody will appreciate. I agree with leaving as much open to "free loaders" as possible. My only concern is that the paid incentives won't be lucrative enough, and I would imagine a lot of people willing to pay feel the same way. This game will only get better if the money rolls in.
Look at the xboxlive avatars thing its a good exemple or look at global agenda skins , Man those are so popular and at 5 to 10 $ a piece its very lucrative for the game to sell those ! On my xbox even if the (( avatar thing )) is pretty silly and worth nothing for in game contents the people seams to be addicted to thats same for playstation home items !

i think with mostly cosmetics and booster if the game is really populated you will see much more people willing to pay than if they have sold the box and have charge a subscibtion model (( planetside )) isnt thats popular its not like COD or battlefield or quake no so much people i know exept few ps1 friends know thats much about this game !

Cosmetics if their is a wide variety of it will provide tons of revenues people like the fashion or the sillyness ( zebra camo ) ( loverator anyones ? ) and some like the bad ass thing like the siny golden pistol :P ill buy this day one

on the long run it will worth it and the game will seel for millions and since they dont pay for the box for the shipments etc.. its 100 % revenue in their pockets !
Old 2012-06-29, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
nteger
Private

The devs have already stated that subscription users will not have exclusive access to things which free players don't, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Vreki
Corporal

Not all FreePlayers are equally desirable.......

Face it, to make money they need to sell something that is worth having, and you can only sell so many skins.
Sidegrades and completely new weapons are stuff that will grab the attention of players.
If you want that kind of extra, you will have to pay.

And no, the most important players are surprisingly not those who generate zero revenue. The game should be fun and balanced for everybody, but money is what keeps it alive.

ETA:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
on the long run it will worth it and the game will seel for millions and since they dont pay for the box for the shipments etc.. its 100 % revenue in their pockets !
Eh, I should think the box and shipment costs pale when compared to development, advertising and hosting.

Last edited by Vreki; 2012-06-29 at 08:12 AM.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Get back in your box, Stewie.

Old 2012-06-29, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I'm the most important player because I have an unfounded sense of entitlement.
you have that too? and here I thought I was the only one!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-29, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
infected
Staff Sergeant

dont' worry. SOE isn't going to charge real money(micro transactions for access to the basic features of the game. froobs will not feel a $ barrier.

people who post threads calling for polls for this kind of $ barrier stuff are just in the dark, as they clearly don't understand SOE's philosophy and vision for this game.

Last edited by infected; 2012-06-29 at 08:16 AM.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Vreki View Post
Not all FreePlayers are equally desirable.......

Face it, to make money they need to sell something that is worth having, and you can only sell so many skins.
Sidegrades and completely new weapons are stuff that will grab the attention of players.
If you want that kind of extra, you will have to pay.

And no, the most important players are surprisingly not those who generate zero revenue. The game should be fun and balanced for everybody, but money is what keeps it alive.

ETA:

Eh, I should think the box and shipment costs pale when compared to development, advertising and hosting.
The people who generate a revenue in a F2P model are those who can enjoy the game , No matter how good the game is are you willing to pay to play in empty servers ?

The free players based load the servers and make my experience better than iam willing to spend a lots of $$ because iam enjoying the game the scales etc..

many people will be willing to pay a shit load of money to experience a FULL scales planetside 2 experience not thats much people will be willing to pay big $$ to play in a 200 players continents when it as been designed for 2000

Its like are you going to play battlefield 3 in caspian border or operations firestorm with 6 players in it ? its pretty much the same ratio

Freeplayers make the experience enjoyable for everyones and they are needed because they are the legions we need to enjoy this game !

Tons of people will spend $$ on the game if its fully populated !
Old 2012-06-29, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Who suggested limitations? They've said over and over again that anything that would be bought will be cosmetics and boosts.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vreki
Corporal

I think the usual Freeloader to Payer ration is 10 to 1 or even lower.
And that goes too for other games where certain new weapons are restricted to those who pay.
Like EAs Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free.

So don't expect the game to be deserted just because the laser sight for your gauss rifles is cash only.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
infected
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
Who suggested limitations?
plenty of threads in this forum. silly try-hard thread starters trying to come up with "ideas" on how SOE can make more money with the micro transactions, by nickle and diming players for more things than you can imagine.

you're right. it won't happen.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cuross
Master Sergeant

I don't think anyone is actually trying to say "Only if you pay you can access this content". From what I see of the marketplace (and what other games do) is they are offering a bunch of things you can already get ingame AND they are offering some exclusive things you can only get from the shop. Typically these would be sidegrade options, extra skins, a few bonus features, but nothing that would make someone absolutely need to pay to enjoy or pay to be awesome. I think you (and many people) feel that all these threads are making a stink when really they are just asking whatever questions they feel need to be answered. It's good to know when some things you have to pay for and some things you don't, also the questions create a picture for what fans desire at the moment. Sure this is only PSU interest, but it's a fan base that they know they already captured. Don't sweat the questions and responses, they are well accepted in all forms.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
BC Irish
Private

If there's a sub option, then I'll be paying it, however the only thing I'd want would be priority Queue access. I don't care about anything else, but I'd be more than happy to upgrade to a premium (freemium?) account for priority access to the servers.

Other than that, it's support to devs. I can afford a monthly sub, so I'll be paying a monthly sub (or equivilent)

I don't really mind what other differences between free/sub paying players get, aslong as I get to jump the que =p
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion