It's been a week. What do you fear? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Quotes are hard.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-17, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: It's been a week. What do you fear?

I fear too many RPG elements, particularly power advancement through certs.
Old 2011-07-17, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
nathanebht
Sergeant

Fear GW2 and PS2 releasing near each other in 2012. Which would I play and I don't want to wait that long for PS2!
Old 2011-07-17, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Coreldan
Colonel

I'm afraid that reviews will slaughter the game, even when there's nothing really wrong about the game, but simply cos 1) SoE didnt pay the bribes to get a good review 2) it's not a CoD clone.

This has happened with way too many games the last few years.
Old 2011-07-17, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

My only fear is that they'll back out of new features under pressure from current players.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-17, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

My only fear is that they'll back out of old features under pressure from new players.
Old 2011-07-17, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
megamold
Second Lieutenant

my only fear is that they will wait 3 months or something before hitting us with some more information
Old 2011-07-17, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MgFalcon
Captain

There's only three things I fear in the world:

Alligators
Crocodiles
And aneurysms
Old 2011-07-17, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

I fear the 20% damage buffs for players deeper in the skill tree
Old 2011-07-17, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
wildcat140679
Sergeant

I fear network cluster lag and computer systems buckling under the graphical load, unable to truly support 1000+ player battles.

If SOE is able to make this aspect of the game work for pretty much everybody and the battles are truly of epic scale, I don't really care what other feature or game changes the game brings, epic scale is what counts for me and is the biggest fun factor of the whole game.
Old 2011-07-17, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

The only thing a game has to fear is, if over hype it cannot match and players unable to accept the reality. (Just ask Peter Molynuex)
Old 2011-07-17, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I fear I won't get to have the same number of loadouts as PS1.

It's a small detail, but one that hasn't been clarified yet. So far I've come to understand you can switch classes on the fly, like while spawning or at a wep terminal. They've also said different things will be limited to a class or it's specializations. I know we won't have "loadouts" exactly since there's no inventory, but will I be limited to the total number of classes? Or can I have 4-5 saved loadouts within each class?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-07-17, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kietharr
Private

I fear that a complete and utter lack of any cert caps/limits combined with the class system will eventually lead to zero character diversity. Character diversity/customization is the point of having RPG mechanics in the first place, why even bother giving out certs if there's nothing stopping me from eventually getting every single one? Why not just start everyone out with these benefits if you're doing a class system TF2 style anyways? It's just a stupid grind mechanic to keep idiots addicted if it's not going to be contributing to character diversity on BOTH the short and longterm.

I fear SoE speeding the pace of the game up. Part of the charm of planetside was that it was slower, the 'fast' elements of gameplay like agile jackhammer surge implants were pretty much universally loathed. Now I don't mind them kicking COF to the curb or adding hitboxes because those were just results of technology limitations of the time. But I don't want this to be call of duty 'every gun kills you in 2-3 hits SO REAL AND HARDCORE' either.

I fear SoE managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again, managing to eventually ruin what everyone considered an easy sell and sure win.
Old 2011-07-17, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

As others have said, I'd hate to see the looting of other enemy weapons go...this is really fun thing to do and is surely never imbalanced as you can only acquire these weapons temporarily by picking them off the floor.

Agreed on the TTK being too low...this could be damaging in Planetside after covering a huge distance just to be taken out in a split second. I always liked the idea behind PS1 where the higher TTK gave you the chance to prevent this and provided a more tacticle fight. It also encouraged team work and to take out enemies faster by concentrating fire.

I like the idea of sniper based headshots being 1 shot, 1 kill but low TTKs only work in fast respawn, short distance 'arena' type games which Planetside is not.

Having said all this, nothing is laid in stone and I'm keen to see how it actually pans out in the balance of things before passing judgement.
Old 2011-07-17, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Highwind
Corporal

I fear that the trailers aren't going to be compelling enough. Filed this fear under the dead horse that is "they won't advertise the game enough". This fear is that they will and it won't be good enough.

I've tried to share the announcement trailer with people I know, and they got little or nothing from it the way we all did. To them it looked like a single "canyon level with a center base (tower)" and not a small battle as part of the greater whole.

We need to play to the strengths and get more epic shots in the PS2 media cycle asap. Things like fly overs from the air, tank in 360 degree action, and impossible zooming shots show the size and scope of the land masses just for the trailers.
Old 2011-07-17, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I fear the game is going to cater to RTS and RPG players to much with easy to use, no effort weapons and certs like it does in PS1.

I fear aircraft will be way to easy to use (again).

I fear empire balance is going to be poorly done (again).

I fear defense is going to be way to strong (again).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion