Are we ready for the new people? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ProSiebenSat.1 the day the world stood still.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-21, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Graywolves
General

Re: Are we ready for the new people?

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post

I don't care about new people as long as they aren't close minded.
Old 2011-09-21, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Crator
Major General

There's plenty of info on these forums to understand current PSU community members. Just have to refrain from posting until you get a better understanding of the mindset of the community and understand a wide variety of concepts. Let's make a PS "University" :P
Old 2011-09-21, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

At the end of the day, I think SOE will give a little more weight to the opinions of tried and true PS1 players because they have a much better chance of being long term players in PS2, and want to keep them around.

But they also want to attract lots of new people and keep them around too.

And given the... diverse... opinions of the player base, I don't see new folks bringing much more to the table in terms of "average opinion".

OTOH, with a larger community you're "ends of the bell curve" folks start showing up more often. You'll see more brilliance, and more DERP. In game, in the forums, and so forth.
Old 2011-09-21, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

I think PS players have always been welcoming and helpfull to noobs. The real yquestion is are players new to PS ready for PS. The battles are massive and the most important thing to know will be what your part is within your Outfit/Squad. You will be able to accomplish very little with out being organized. Now that does not mean you cant have a bunch of fun solo, but if you want to be a part of influencing territory control, good leadership and organized tactics are key.

What ever your play style your in for a great game that should keep ya going for ears. Welcome in and pray with me for BETA. Can i get a AMEN?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-21, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

zomg, new people! They might ruin ourz communities! halp!
Old 2011-09-21, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Of course we want new people! How else are we going to kill spam noobs? Hehe, j/k glad your interested, the more the merrier imho...
Old 2011-09-21, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Senyu
First Lieutenant

I'm worried of the new direction new people might make PS2 go. Sure there is alot of good possiblities PS2 might go with fresh minds. But those pushing it into a direction like other games simply because they are crazy over it *COUGH CoD* ya.........stay out
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-21, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Can't be any worse than the direction some old people want PS2 to go, hah.

If anything new people give us a perspective beyond our little box of PS fanbois and how things might be received by the normal gaming community.

This may be a shock, but we aren't the normal gaming community; we're PS enthusiasts. We are not the typical PS2 player.
Old 2011-09-21, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
This may be a shock, but we aren't the normal gaming community; we're PS enthusiasts. We are not the typical PS2 player.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Also for the new people I direct you to my signature.
Old 2011-09-21, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raymac
Brigadier General

^ Except for fearing the F2P part. (that's right I said it)

To the OP, Planetside is an 8 year old game, which means alot of the veterans are older and more mature. So you don't get alot of 12 year olds screaming offensive comments just because of the anonymity of the internet. Plus, since teamwork is a big part of the game, the players do a great job of helping out new players.

Having said that, PS2 will be an entirely new game, so who knows what the community will be like after release, but if PS1 is any indication, you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Old 2011-09-21, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Atuday
Master Sergeant

If you are a new person and you are reading this I have 2 small bits of advice. 1: I take point, always, so if you are shooting remember to shoot over or around me. 2: When I say push you will either push in or be shot for treason. I will not be the only person shooting you for not pushing or not pushing fast enough.
Old 2011-09-21, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. Also for the new people I direct you to my signature.
Yeah, as an idea on what the community thinks of really bad ideas that a few poeple think are super cool.

Those polls/threads should be required reading actually so new players can learn the reasons why the current PS1 players are against a lot of things, and in a new thread simply respond with "ugh, NO!" because they don't want to explain again and again.
Old 2011-09-21, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
^ Except for fearing the F2P part. (that's right I said it)
Oh whoops yeah, changed that so it's less troll worthy. Was talking about the ideas. I can probably cross off rethinking vehicles. The devs basically agreed with that one. Also I stopped reading that Fantasy Implants thread since I thought people stopped posting or something. That went off-topic quickly from my original discussion.
Old 2011-09-21, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by nomotog View Post
So this place is ready for new people and ideas. That's always good. You get some games with fans that will not accept any thing new or any kinds of changes at all. (Gamers as a group seem to like things static.)
I've seen that before ruin games - the PlanetSide community as a whole has been pretty receptive to new ideas. I know I am bias, but this is my favorite gaming community I've ever been a part of. Wouldn't trade it in for anything

Edit: But the community IS passionate about the game and it results in some pretty exciting threads.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2011-09-21 at 03:52 PM.
Old 2011-09-21, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zulthus
Colonel

New people are always good!

But the first guy who asks for killstreaks gets the hammer.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion