Magrider Fixed Gun - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Slide to unlock
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the new fixed turret on the Magrider?
I play as VS and like the new fixed turret 7 17.95%
I play as VS and prefer a swivel turret like the NC and TR 11 28.21%
I play as VS and prefer a swivel top and a tank that's more similar to the NC and TR 1 2.56%
I don't play as the VS and like the new fixed turret 8 20.51%
I don't play as the VS and prefer a swivel turret like the NC and TR 5 12.82%
I don't play as VS and prefer a swivel top and a tank that's more similar to the NC and TR 1 2.56%
Other opinion 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-21, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Magrider Fixed Gun

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
As Sirisian has pointed out, the Type-32 'Nekomata' of Battlefield 2142 was very well balanced and effective with a chassis-mounted main gun.
klu pointed this out. I'm pretty sure Sirisian dislikes the 2142 implementation and would prefer something else.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-21, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Because you talking about me wasn't a derail in the slightest. I do appreciate the weight of importance you put on my feedback.

Also, thread is still dumb and pointless because as it has been said by several posters we cannot see the impact of it without actually playing the game. But people get worked up over speculation so it's fun.

See quote in my sig. If it doesn't work they'll fix it in beta based on player feedback.

Last edited by Malorn; 2011-09-21 at 05:38 PM.
Old 2011-09-21, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Because you talking about me wasn't a derail in the slightest. I do appreciate the weight of importance you put on my feedback.

Also, thread is still dumb and pointless because as it has been said by several posters we cannot see the impact of it without actually playing the game. But people get worked up over speculation so it's fun.

See quote in my sig. If it doesn't work they'll fix it in beta based on player feedback.
You got me an idea.
brb, changing sig.
Old 2011-09-21, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Graywolves
General

Doesn't matte who contributed what.

We are all a single collective that has but one goal in mind. All our thoughts and disagreements are the reasoning within something larger than individuals.

But I posted the BF2142 video.

As long as the Gunner on the Magrider (2nd dude, not driver, I refuse to call it secondary) can swivel then I am fine.

Why does I not call gunner secondary? Because I feel that calling it that has led people to treat the gunner position as though it was the chaingun on the prowler. These guns are going to be powerful, AV, AI, AA, etc.
Old 2011-09-21, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Also, thread is still dumb and pointless because as it has been said by several posters we cannot see the impact of it without actually playing the game.
As much fun as the "No discussion until Beta" is it's a pretty lame argument. I'd rather fix obvious problems now instead of hoping they get sorted out in beta.

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
As long as the Gunner on the Magrider (2nd dude, not driver, I refuse to call it secondary) can swivel then I am fine.
For that same reason I want the Magrider to swivel so that all the tanks can release their cannon to the other gunner if they choose to. This kind of idea will die if they keep the Magrider as a unique fixed turret vehicle. I do not want to have to drive backwards while shooting at the enemy either. It's lame. That and strafing at 70 kph is not something I wanted in the game. I wanted slow strafing with strong forward acceleration only and a slow rotation to keep it on par with the other tanks.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-09-21 at 06:22 PM.
Old 2011-09-21, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
As much fun as the "No discussion until Beta" is it's a pretty lame argument. I'd rather fix obvious problems now instead of hoping they get sorted out in beta.
And do you consider it lame for a bunch of fans in some forum to think their discussions will in fact "fix the obvious problems"? Particularly while there's a debate going on as to whether or not they're problems in the first place?

I maintain that they are not. I've stated my reasoning in previous posts, and have yet to see them refuted.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-21, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I didn't say no discussion until Beta. There's plenty of great things to discuss, but this particular topic is not an "obvious problem" as your own poll shows quite mixed feelings about it. Its also not something that can really be validated without actually playing the game. We're talking about whether a fixed gun actually works out well, and the jury is still out on that and won't be back until they get a chance to see how it plays and make a decision. Thus, T-Ray's quote, which you should probably read again.

It's also something that wouldn't be all that drastic to change should they find it doesn't work out and want to move it to a turret. They could play with it. It isn't a core gameplay issue. It's a control/feel issue for a single vehicle. Its localized. It's simple.

Issues that are more deserving of thought energy would be the discussion about driver guns in general, and vehicle variance and counters, etc. Those are core gameplay issues that would be far more difficult to change at beta after they build many systems and other assumptions around them.

A fixed magrider gun is really not that big of a deal and easily changed should they find it doesn't work out.
Old 2011-09-21, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
And do you consider it lame for a bunch of fans in some forum to think their discussions will in fact "fix the obvious problems"? Particularly while there's a debate going on as to whether or not they're problems in the first place?
Exactly. WE (the fans communicating with the devs) arn't going to fix squat. Hell, T-Ray didn't even know about the Idea Vault here. All we are going to do is offer up our point of view and the devs are going to do what they want. And to repeat one of my all time favorite movie quotes "Many of the truthes we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Alot of these discussions are really just self serving, but what else are we gonna do when we can't play the game yet.

Old 2011-09-22, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Azren
Sergeant Major

All this idle talk aside, there is only one sensible reason why the devs decided to add fixed turret to the Magrider - driver controlled main gun. The idiotic notion of giving the drivers the ability to use most of the vehicle's potential on their own is what resulted in this abomination.

Main battle tanks must have dedicated driver and dedicated gunner, which makes such nonsence fixed main guns impossible. Remodell the Mag to have it's turret back and bring the PS 1 tank concept to PS 2. It works great now, don't try to fix what's not broken...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion