Why do they cheat? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where purple people with ray guns aren't "cool" anymore.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-10, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

i concur wholeheartedly that cheaters should be punished for being asshats. my proposition is that for every confirmed cheat, their monthy subscription fee is doubled. and should they use their "l337 [-]4|<ZZ0r 5k1LLZ" to try and work out of it, they can be legally pursued by law enforcement.

i have to admit BadAsh, i played Diablo1 and 2. and although i cannot say i did not use duped equipment, i can say that i tried like hell to work for my exp. i even started games named "chapter1 no rush," but to no avail. they'd all just go off on their own damn thing and leave me to die. they'd run everywhere, too. how they had the stamina to do so is beyond me. but those games were a drain on my very soul. then there was Starcraft. i liked it, although it was the issue of assholes who were against Base sharing. that really pissed me off. especially when i would lose my entire base to a wave of zerg, and oly escape with maybe one command center, or one SCV with only enough minerals to build a Command center, then make it all the way to an "allied" base, only to recive a message simmaler to "GET UR SCV OTTA MY BSE NO BS U!!!!11!!!111!", then be turned back to be sodomized by the hoards. i belive the last words i typed before leaving battlenet were "GO TO HELL". but anyhoo, back to cheaters.

perhaps game developers should have a claus in their contract that whoever is caught cheating repeatedly, they would automatically enlist in the Army. that might fix the problem. it may not stop people from cheating, but it'll sure help build up our weakend armed forces. plus i'd love to see the face on those little shits as the recruiter comes knock on their door.

"guess what billy, you just enlisted in the U.S. army. you ready to be all you can be?"

"i think i just peed my pants."

"that's your penis talking, son. says he's proud of you."
Old 2003-12-10, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Ah yes cheating. *Thinks back to days of hacking in CS all the time, until he "pwned" every person on the server due do his ability to correctly tweak a cheat*

Lesson Learned: Dont cheat. It makes games boring and frustrates other players. I do beleive though that cheating on a single player game is ok, so long as it stayes there. Seriously everytime I have played CS after I cheated it just is boring. And if you cheat to get somewhere in a RPG then its no better RPG's are about the experience of getting to that higher level.

Cheating will never end. It will just go through a cycle until a new form comes out. There is only one way to make cheaters stop cheating and its not to put a repercussions system in place: make a game SO impossibly easy that cheating is pointless because it gives you no real advantage. But the game would suck. So as I said it will never end.
Old 2003-12-10, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Penis envy.
Old 2003-12-10, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I was playing today on markov and these 2 TR were in this Prowler and they took no damage at all , they ran into our cortyard and proceded to slughter everything even thouhg 4 reavers(myself included) were beating the shit out of him with out rockets, i wasted a full load of them (all 48 and teh original clip of em) no damage, they even had full shields still,needless to say they got a huge amount of /appeal.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-10, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

they are insecure, and feel that they have to be better no matter what the odds, as cheats give them an edge in the game due to there lack of skills
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

Old 2003-12-10, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rbstr
I was playing today on markov and these 2 TR were in this Prowler and they took no damage at all , they ran into our cortyard and proceded to slughter everything even thouhg 4 reavers(myself included) were beating the shit out of him with out rockets, i wasted a full load of them (all 48 and teh original clip of em) no damage, they even had full shields still,needless to say they got a huge amount of /appeal.
I�ve never seen a �god mode� or invulnerability hack in Planet Side. I�ve actually only found a few that work. The nasty one is a speed exploit that allows you to move about 20% faster than you should in the game (on foot or in any vehicle). To use this you need a specific processor and use a series of specific tweaks.

The other one that I know works is enabled when you use a specific video card, a specific older (flawed) driver, and very precise video setting tweaks. Now cloakers show up at any range just as they do when you use the activated Darklight implant.

I had a fellow gamer buddy demo these for me over at his house so I have actually SEEN these work. It�s brutal.

BadAsh
Old 2003-12-10, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Unknown
First Sergeant

I've seen one invincible tank myself, it was a hacked vanguard that, thankfully, fell into good hands. It was an outfit mate, and all the harm he did was do drive into the enemy courtyard and park there with a bunch of people shooting at him, using the hi macro for a little bit, then promptly driving it to the center of a pond. Had it not been an honerable player, just imagine how much damage he could have done had he actually picked up a gunner. I think his invincibility wad due to a bug with the shields, he had full shields, and they didn't get drained at all when people shot him. Those of you who witnessed the prowler incident: did the prowler have the shield effect when you shot him?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion