Looking to buy a Planetside Account - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are we there yet??
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-10-06, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sykotic
Private

Looking to buy a Planetside Account

I have checked the FAQ and past threads and did not see that this type of posting is against the rules for the forum. So, here goes.

I have decided to give Planetside another try after not playing since 2003. My old account doesn't have any characters on it anymore, but did have 45 days of free gameplay. After 2 days I found out that a) the leveling takes a while and b) I don't have nearly enough certs to be effective when everyone else is BR20+. So, I am looking to buy a Planetside SOE account. Don't care about any other games, just Planetside. Minimum of BR20 and CR2. Prefer TR, then VS, then NC. PM me or reply to this thread and we can start negotiating. Thanks.

Other than posting here, does anyone have any suggestions? And no, "Just level up" is not the type of suggestion I am looking for.
Old 2011-10-06, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: Looking to buy a Planetside Account

Doubt you'll find anyone who will do this and I'm not certain if requesting this is against the forums rules. It is a bannable offense in SOE's rulebook as other here have been caught and banned before by SOE.
Old 2011-10-06, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Leveling a character does not take long at all. It almost seems easier to me then it did 5 years ago. I could be wrong, but it almost seems like they upped the amount of XP you get per kill. I see no reason if you are playing getting a decent amount of kills and time you can get a level 20 within 2 weeks. Having a BR20+ character isn't going to make you good at the game.

I remember people getting BR25/CR5 within a week of playing with the proper support as well.

Last edited by Goku; 2011-10-06 at 08:52 AM.
Old 2011-10-06, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

We don't adhere to SOE's terms here so this isn't against our rules.

But it is certainly NOT advisable, you risk losing your account or being able to register one ever again. My advise is to just play on

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-10-06, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sykotic
Private

I just hate leveling over again. I had a decent character built in 2003 on Konreid, but that character wasn't there when I logged again a few days ago. Although after reading the forum here some I did send an email to Sony CS to see if they could restore it. Not very hopeful though.

As for buying a character, I am sure it is against SOE rules. Just like buying WoW accounts are against Blizzard rules. I also agree that being BR20/CR5 won't make me a good player, but it would give me more tricks in my bag than being BR8/CR0 does. 3 implants vs 1 and about 10 more cert points. Plus, I wouldn't expect to pay more than $30 - $50 for an account. I do realize it is a longshot getting someone who is trustworthy AND willing to part with their account. Can't blame me for trying though, right? :-)
Old 2011-10-06, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SavageB
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
I just hate leveling over again. I had a decent character built in 2003 on Konreid, but that character wasn't there when I logged again a few days ago. Although after reading the forum here some I did send an email to Sony CS to see if they could restore it. Not very hopeful though.

As for buying a character, I am sure it is against SOE rules. Just like buying WoW accounts are against Blizzard rules. I also agree that being BR20/CR5 won't make me a good player, but it would give me more tricks in my bag than being BR8/CR0 does. 3 implants vs 1 and about 10 more cert points. Plus, I wouldn't expect to pay more than $30 - $50 for an account. I do realize it is a longshot getting someone who is trustworthy AND willing to part with their account. Can't blame me for trying though, right? :-)
I dont think anyone would sell you there account. Anyone that has current sub with be invited to PS2 beta, which isnt that far off imo. JUst start working on a new char, ya never know.
Old 2011-10-06, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Everytime i have seen someone try to get their deleted char back they do. Sounds like you are all set. Wait till you see how long the 30s take. Nothing compared to leveling a char to 20.
Old 2011-10-06, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sykotic
Private

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I don't feel just right about selling it, but I have a br20/cr0 you can have for free... my cousin doesnt play anymore and im sure he won't care.
I might take you up on this depending on the outcome of the restoration process with Sony. Apparently they found 6 old characters on my account and think they can restore them, but I will wait to see if they can.

After going through this thread I thought about the whole account sale and I can see how people might be reluctant to sell their account with PS2 beta invites possibly coming in the future. With that said I would probably be better off "renting" a PS account until such time as beta invites are sent out. I know I will stop playing PS to play PS2 and I have an account for it.

So, let me revise my offer. I wish to buy/rent an account with the stipulation that any beta invite sent to the account will go to the original account owner. Much like mineral rights are done on property.
Old 2011-10-06, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I might take you up on this depending on the outcome of the restoration process with Sony. Apparently they found 6 old characters on my account and think they can restore them, but I will wait to see if they can.

After going through this thread I thought about the whole account sale and I can see how people might be reluctant to sell their account with PS2 beta invites possibly coming in the future. With that said I would probably be better off "renting" a PS account until such time as beta invites are sent out. I know I will stop playing PS to play PS2 and I have an account for it.

So, let me revise my offer. I wish to buy/rent an account with the stipulation that any beta invite sent to the account will go to the original account owner. Much like mineral rights are done on property.
Hmm. I think you will need a lawyer to write up this contract.
Old 2011-10-06, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sykotic
Private

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Hmm. I think you will need a lawyer to write up this contract.
I could probably modify a mineral rights contract to work. That seems like a lot of work though. I may just take a nap instead.
Old 2011-10-06, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I could probably modify a mineral rights contract to work. That seems like a lot of work though. I may just take a nap instead.
Lol indeed.
Old 2011-10-07, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sykotic
Private

So, as a follow-up to everything yesterday, SOE support was able to restore all my old characters. Turns out I have a BR14/CR2 VS toon and a BR13/CR0 TR toon. Both have the 6 year achievement and BFR imprinting. Plus, they are so old that they had all their certs refunded so I get to pick from scratch.

Now, my next problem is to figure out which on to focus on. The VS toon has CR2 already and is almost BR15, but VS has some population issues. I do like some of the weapon choices and the purple color scheme.

TR has no population issues and some of the fastest weapons out there.

So, any suggestions? Any of the VS people on here able to tell me much about the population and capabilities of the VS currently in PS?

Thanks everyone for the advice. It has been much appreciated.
Old 2011-10-07, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Crator
Major General

Pops seems to swing back and forth to each empire. This tends to be associated to times of day. Just play both?
Old 2011-10-10, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

My opinion is its not even worth it to buy one. Just wait until Planetside 2
Old 2011-10-20, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Yea, when i was playing this game actively i hit Br19 CR4.5 with in 2 months, besides, character growth is lateral not vertical, the risk you get for buying an account is not worth what you'd get rewarded with
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion