Just got back into ps1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People don't kill people, lasers kill people.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-11-22, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GhostfestivalSG
Private

Just got back into ps1

Hello I am ghostfestival, I play Ps2, happily along side of SG, and I am an ex ps1 player under the warrior nation clan. Along side of playing ps2, i play ps1 on my laptop when i do not feel like playing ps2. I play NC, but im just looking for other players who would like to play with me, whether alongside or against.
Old 2012-12-06, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Re: Just got back into ps1

You have a subcription? How many players are playing?
Old 2012-12-08, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
You have a subcription? How many players are playing?
This, there can't be more than a few dozen at primetime right?
Old 2012-12-22, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

It's hard to make a dozen at prime time even. SOE's $15 charge for a 10 year old game when the successor is free doesn't help numbers.
Old 2012-12-23, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

This is so aggravating. PlanetSide 1 doesn't even have to be free to get the populations back up. If they just reduced the subscription price to say half: $7:50 per month then I guarantee there would be hundreds more playing than are currently. Sony doesn't advertise this game at all, what do they expect? Send out an email to all ps1 vets that prices are being cut and I assure you the pops will soar overnight. One server is still up, so why not!!??
Old 2012-12-23, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
This is so aggravating. PlanetSide 1 doesn't even have to be free to get the populations back up. If they just reduced the subscription price to say half: $7:50 per month then I guarantee there would be hundreds more playing than are currently. Sony doesn't advertise this game at all, what do they expect? Send out an email to all ps1 vets that prices are being cut and I assure you the pops will soar overnight. One server is still up, so why not!!??
You could make it Completly free, and people still wouldnt play it.

Money is just the excuse of people who pretend to want to play the game, but dont actually give a shit.
Old 2012-12-23, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Huntsab
Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post

Money is just the excuse of people who pretend to want to play the game, but dont actually give a shit.
Ok Basti
Old 2012-12-23, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post

I'd log into ps1 in a fucking heartbeat. I literally don't care to give SOE another fucking penny, which is stopping me. I've paid dues since 2003-2004? i forget which. Don't you fucking dare suggest that money is an excuse for people that don't give a shit. Go log into zergside2 and leave this section be, as you quite fucking clearly have nothing to actually contribute.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-12-23, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
GuyShep
Private

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
I'd log into ps1 in a fucking heartbeat. I literally don't care to give SOE another fucking penny, which is stopping me. I've paid dues since 2003-2004? i forget which. Don't you fucking dare suggest that money is an excuse for people that don't give a shit. Go log into zergside2 and leave this section be, as you quite fucking clearly have nothing to actually contribute.
You'd be playing PS1 out of spite towards SOE and PS2, though. PS2's existence is the only reason why you're giving a shit about PS1 right now.
Old 2012-12-23, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by GuyShep View Post
You'd be playing PS1 out of spite towards SOE and PS2, though. PS2's existence is the only reason why you're giving a shit about PS1 right now.
If I wanted to actually spite SOE, I have so many other better methods I can and have contributed to in the past. For fucks sake, ps1 is a better game, full stop. You know why? Because you actually had to not be completely retarded to survive rather than push button, pull tank with a lot of other people doing the same. Quite literally, you could be a fucking chimpanzee and do what most large outfits do in ps2.

Also to spite SOE, im playing arma2/day-z/wasteland, but its so fucking unsatisfying. It wouldnt matter nearly as much if Smed got his head out of his ass and let his team fucking fix what needs to be in PS2 to make it remotely enjoyable.

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-12-23 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-12-23, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
GuyShep
Private

If I wanted to actually spite SOE, I have so many other better methods I can and have contributed to in the past. For fucks sake, ps1 is a better game, full stop. You know why? Because you actually had to not be completely retarded to survive rather than push button, pull tank with a lot of other people doing the same. Quite literally, you could be a fucking chimpanzee and do what most large outfits do in ps2.
Nobody had to be an autistic savant to play PS1, though. My braincells are stimulated roughly as much in PS2 as they were while I played PS1.

What are you capable of doing to SOE? It took the announcement of a sequel for you to start caring about PS1, so the chances of you making any difference is smaller than winning the lottery. In other words, you're acting like a tool. An ageist tool.

PS1 had its flaws, and overall I find PS2 to be the better game, even with its issues. PS1 had shit netcode that was almost entirely clientsided, infantry gunplay was just A/D dancing with warping, and don't forget BFRs.

If you actually went back to PS1 you'd hurt yourself, get tired, and either leave quietly or continue your groaning.
Old 2012-12-23, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Nobody had to be an autistic savant to play PS1, though. My braincells are stimulated roughly as much in PS2 as they were while I played PS1.

What are you capable of doing to SOE? It took the announcement of a sequel for you to start caring about PS1, so the chances of you making any difference is smaller than winning the lottery. In other words, you're acting like a tool. An ageist tool.

PS1 had its flaws, and overall I find PS2 to be the better game, even with its issues. PS1 had shit netcode that was almost entirely clientsided, infantry gunplay was just A/D dancing with warping, and don't forget BFRs.

If you actually went back to PS1 you'd hurt yourself, get tired, and either leave quietly or continue your groaning.
Did you click the link? My connection to that probably isn't too well known so what you should know is that I have had involvement with it as far as doing support work for people having tech issues and general testing work. Smed has outright stated he isn't happy with it, and he made a fool of himself when he tried to debunk it ever existed.

then there are two or three other side projects im involved with that im not talking about, mostly because ive been asked/told not to.

in other words, i can spite soe by supporting competition and things that make them look stupid/foolish.

Old 2012-12-23, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
GuyShep
Private

Did you click the link? My connection to that probably isn't too well known so what you should know is that I have had involvement with it as far as doing support work for people having tech issues and general testing work. Smed has outright stated he isn't happy with it, and he made a fool of himself when he tried to debunk it ever existed.

then there are two or three other side projects im involved with that im not talking about, mostly because ive been asked/told not to.

in other words, i can spite soe by supporting competition and things that make them look stupid/foolish.
Maybe you should try working on a Planetside private server or something. If people care so much about Planetside 1 being F2P, that is.
Old 2012-12-23, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Maybe you should try working on a Planetside private server or something. If people care so much about Planetside 1 being F2P, that is.
I have a better idea. What if there were legit competition to PS2 as a true MMOFPS that did everything except better? Competition breeds innovation and when nature experiments, the result is often extinction for those unwilling or inable to think outside the box in any meaningful way. It was my opinion in 2005 that smed is outdated and has no new ideas, it still is my opinion.

the only reason arma2/day-z/wasteland is unsatisfying is because it lacks any real persistence or substance. Everything is reset every few hours because of server resets/reboots. War-z is a joke because the guy designing that was/is a failure of a copycat. What if that problem could be fixed?

Further on swgemu, what if that were merely a testbed for a conceptual, working prototype?

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-12-23 at 02:06 PM.
Old 2012-12-23, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
GuyShep
Private

I have a better idea. What if there were legit competition to PS2 as a true MMOFPS that did everything except better? Competition breeds innovation and when nature experiments, the result is often extinction for those unwilling or inable to think outside the box in any meaningful way. It was my opinion in 2005 that smed is outdated and has no new ideas, it still is my opinion.

the only reason arma2/day-z/wasteland is unsatisfying is because it lacks any real persistence or substance. Everything is reset every few hours because of server resets/reboots. War-z is a joke because the guy designing that was/is a failure of a copycat. What if that problem could be fixed?
War-Z moreso a scam than an attempt to make a legitimate game.

On the MMOFPS subject, turn that "what if" into a "there is".
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion