Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't Touch This
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should cockpit view be forced?
Yes 287 77.36%
No 84 22.64%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-04-18, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
One thing this makes me wonder is if we will see something similar with anything other than vehicles. Like will the screen look different when we are inside of a MAX suit, or any armor for that matter.

Also, have we heard whether we will see our own legs when infantry look downward?
Well for one the weapon you use will have a different model on your screen. So that could have a differing effect on your visibility as well, esp when using ADS. I also know there was talk from the Devs about possibly making the HUD itself look different depending on the empire you play, but that would be something that would happen well after release if at all.

It does kinda make sense that your view might be slightly different when in a MAX suit. It'd certainly add to the "you're in a giant suit of armour" feeling. I wouldn't want something like that as a softie though, if only because I don't think I've ever played an FPs that has done so in your "normal" view.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Its already been noted and I'm sure we're all going to make big long threads about how one faction's cockpit is more advantageous than another. My bet is that VS will have a cockpit with almost no obstructions and it'll be the focus of attention.
I suspect the obstruction in the VS cockpit will be different, but not necessarily better. Those forward-swept wings have the potential of obstructing your view from the sides as this image suggests:

They would certainly block your L/R views while using mouselook.

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
The cockpit view must be forced or it must not be there at all. Otherwise it's a waste of resources since most will turn it off anyway. What makes it worse is that they'd have a visual advantage over the people who do decide to use the cockpit aesthetic. Smed already told us that flying in PS2 will separate the men from the boys. If you want to be a boy, that's fine. Flying should be difficult and you shouldn't be able to see everything without restriction. Otherwise they might as well put in a gun toggle too. That gets in the way on the screen.
Forgive me if you've answered this already, but if turning off the cockpit meant that your view was zoomed in and you had no mouselook ability, would you be okay with that? That way having the cockpit enabled would mean you'd get a wider FOV and mouselook ability to balance the loss of view caused by the cockpit's obstruction.

Last edited by Erendil; 2012-04-18 at 06:20 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion