SOE Services Offline - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I attended PSU for 3 1/2 years and I'm still as dumb as post!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Old 2011-05-06, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: SOE Services Offline

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
PC gaming is totally dead due to the up rise in console gaming, shitty devs with negligence towards games and the over abundance of hackers.

There's still a few good companies out there who truly care about their games and make efforts to thwart hacking. However, there's not enough to truly make a difference or compete with console gaming.

Consoles are a lot more affordable than computers, a good one anyways. And a lot more accessible. You can go to any electronic or department store and pick up a console for a few hundred bucks. Where as with a computer you'll likely need to order one online or buy your own parts and custom build it yourself. People are getting increasingly more retarded in the future so it's obvious that PC gaming is taking a turn for the worse.

I'm not going to start a console vs PC war debate on here, even though I'm sure most of you will agree. I do still however believe, scratch that, know that PC gaming vastly superior, at least from an efficiency point of view. I'd state my reasons, but I think it's fairly obvious.

The only advantage that console gaming really has over PC gaming is that it appeals to much more casual people. Which just so happens to be the majority of people.

So basically PC gaming is fucked because the majority of people are morons and they look for the easiest avenue in order to get involved in something.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future they just completely did away with PC gaming. Everyone will have consoles in the future and we'll only use our PCs for buying shit online. Actually, they already have that for consoles.

ACTUALLY, they'll do away with consoles and PCs altogether. Everything will just be done on your phone. Which will be microscoptic and implanted into your brain at birth by the government in an effort to control our thoughts, secretly however the government is controlled by Lizard People who use our bodies for fuel and keep us in a comatose state. We'll all be entirely controlled and manipulated in a simulated world unaware that we're actually enslaved by these Lizard People.

This starting to kind of sound like a movie I was once saw.....I think it was called "The Lion King".

The end.
I have a serious question did you escape from opposite land or did they throw you out?

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-05-06, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Taskforce
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
PC gaming will not die until something better is found. All of you Debbie Downers crying about the end of PC gaming, have fun with your Xbox 3-shitty.
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Seriously guys?

This does not mark the end of PC gaming.
Seriously. It looks like people are getting a little crazy with this down time. What you feel right now since your waiting for SOE doesnt mean the end of all gaming.... Dear lord. WoW, EVE and a few other MMORG are still doing extremely well.

Just because planetside is down and SOE got hacked doesnt mean the rest of PC Gaming as we know it is " Falling."

Some of you guys need to get up from your computer chair and go outside and take a breath..

It will be okay...

-Task
Old 2011-05-06, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
LoopbackZero
Private

Back on the topic of the OP, do you think they paused the server? Is there any chance of all of the bases being neutral due to NTU depletion?
Old 2011-05-06, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LoopbackZero View Post
Back on the topic of the OP, do you think they paused the server? Is there any chance of all of the bases being neutral due to NTU depletion?
i kinda hope the entire place is neatural, i want a mad grab for land when server goes live, it will be like the very first day of PS, except with less people.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
TRex
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LoopbackZero View Post
The lack of war for 7 days has resulted in an NTU overload, resulting in all BFR's being sucked through the wormhole .The resulting explosion of all that tech being forced through space has created an Einstein Bridge and unbended the planets back into one world with continents, and Oshur back.
The Ancient Vanu , intrigued as to why the fighting has stopped , have visited the planet again to find empty lands and the Vanu Sovereignty incapable of reading their original blue prints.They promptly redesign the lasher back to its intended original design , and leave again before anyone notices their visit.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Nephilimuk View Post
@ Madcow

Again no offense but the information posted by Sephirius is not accurate and your post is subjective containing no more solid information than the original post. I really don’t care what your views are on Sony or if you have an axe to grind or not. I just think other threads would be better for this type of speculation.
I'm not interested in Googling for you if you can't be bothered to do it, and I'm less interested in you trying to police where I place my (appropriate) thoughts. Thanks though.
Old 2011-05-06, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
NUBLERT
Private

So much for ps being up by friday...
Old 2011-05-06, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Devinator
Private

how the heck can I cancel my sub? I know these idiots will charge me tomorrow for another month.
Old 2011-05-06, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Hamstruts
Private

Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
how the heck can I cancel my sub? I know these idiots will charge me tomorrow for another month.
seems like no easy task atm, but i'm quite sure you can get a refund since you could not cancel it cause the webpage is down, just get on the live chat or something and explain your situation when the shit is up again.

think iv'e clicked my launcher 150 times today, screw this going to bed
Old 2011-05-06, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
Not sure that will be an issue since they are giving 30 days free plus one extra free day for each day they have it down. It behooves SOE to get their service online ASAP because of this reason.
Old 2011-05-06, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
xSCORPIONx
Private

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Not sure that will be an issue since they are giving 30 days free plus one extra free day for each day they have it down. It behooves SOE to get their service online ASAP because of this reason.
I wonder if this includes inactive accounts? I think it should because the people that were inactive lost the same info. That should make the server pop very high.
Old 2011-05-07, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Shogun
Contributor
General

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/p...ewall-2011055/

check this out. sony...the company that goes through massive lenghts to protect their games from pirates and takes everybody to court,who violates their rights,didn´t even set up a firewall or at least an up to date server version to protect the rights of their customers... a very clear statement on the value of the customers,don´t you think?
and i guess soe and sony is all the same ;-(

if this is correct, the hackers may even have been bloody noobs for it just takes some minutes on google to learn how to hack an outdated serverversion without a firewall.
great work, sony...
Old 2011-05-07, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Crator
Major General

Hmmm, I question the legitimacy of this security issue and how/if it actually evens relates to the PSN/SOE hack event. It does say "PSN was running on this server", so it may be that they were perimeter servers then. If this is a perimeter server, and the hackers used a venerability in the web software (Apache) to obtain the info then that is bad. Otherwise, I would fancy to guess that Sony does have a perimeter firewall that only allows certain network ports to certain perimeter servers. If this Apache web server wasn't on the perimeter then there's really no issue with it not having a firewall or up-to-date Apache security. Unless, this was an inside job and the internal network firewalls allow all traffic to everyone.

I'm a little concerned though that they were even able to get to the mass of data they did get by going through a perimeter web server. If they have all of this data just sitting on the same subnet that the perimeter web server was on, and don't have this data behind another firewall that connects to the perimeter network with authentication security controls in place on the web app, then there's a good chance they could have used a venerability in the Apache software to get that amount of data.

Last edited by Crator; 2011-05-07 at 09:18 AM.
Old 2011-05-07, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Elementxz
Private

word on the street is wall street journal says:

Sony is unlikely to meet the deadline it had set to restore the PlayStation Network, keeping millions of irritated videogamers offline for another weekend as the company continues to conduct internal safety checks to defend a new system against hackers.

looks like servers may be down this weekend, i hope this is wrong.
Old 2011-05-07, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Dragon4ly
Contributor
Private

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
The lack of war for 7 days has resulted in an NTU overload, resulting in all BFR's being sucked through the wormhole .The resulting explosion of all that tech being forced through space has created an Einstein Bridge and unbended the planets back into one world with continents, and Oshur back.
The Ancient Vanu , intrigued as to why the fighting has stopped , have visited the planet again to find empty lands and the Vanu Sovereignty incapable of reading their original blue prints.They promptly redesign the lasher back to its intended original design , and leave again before anyone notices their visit.
The lone TR veteran views the changed landscape and weapons from the barren hilltop, and grins. Images of epic battles from long ago flood his memory, and a spark of hope surfaces. "Maybe, just maybe all warriors passed the wormhole as well, and this is indeed the glorious pre-bending battlegrounds of old, to re-live once more."
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions