Engagement radar broken - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [Insert Desired Faction] ROCKS!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-02, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Grizzo
Private

Engagement radar broken

Normally I rig my ESF for Air to Ground because I'm useless at air to air, but yesterday, as I had a few Certs to invest, I thought I'd give Air to Air a go.

Now as I'm crap at air to air and reverse maneuvering and all that bollox, in order to give me some hope of a chance of actually winning an air to air, I decided to rig my ESF with the Tomcat Air to Air (Controversial I know, but like I said, I need a chance) and the Engagement radar because every time I'm in a dog fight, I cannot for the life of me, locate where the fuck he is and by the time I have located him, it's all over So my thought process was that this radar would give me a clue as to where he is. Yes I know I can use sound - and do, but I still can't locate him. Is he above me? below, left , right, no idea.

So now I've spent my certs on this set up and sacrificed my flares (I feel naked without those) I've now discovered the Engagement radar is broken!!! Arrgghh!! And looking at the last patch, it's still not fixed! Feel really pissed off about that. If something is broken then they should remove those items from the purchase boards until they are fixed! ffs!!
Old 2014-04-02, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Re: Engagement radar broken

How was it broken for you? I was playing last night and mine was working fine. Remember it's something like 300m which in the air can feel like a short distance, so aircraft you can see might not appear on the radar.

Like you I found myself hopelessly outskilled by pilots (especially good reavers with their insane afterburners) doing the reverse maneuver on me and keeping their gun trained on me while i had no idea where they were. So I scrapped flares, went for full stealth, learnt the reverse maneuver on VR and bought hornets. I now survive much longer in the skies!
Old 2014-04-02, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Grizzo
Private

I upgraded mine to work out to 500m but nothing seem to happen. I was expecting directions of enemy ESF to appear on the HUD but nothing happens. I was in a dog fight last last. I could see him on the mini map and he was close in on me but there were no indicators of where he was. There is no clue as to how the radar is suppose to work. The description says an indicator appears on the hud but I saw nothing.

I then discovered this video and I'm experiencing exactly the same as this guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJUrm7xkzDk
Old 2014-04-02, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

I haven't seen any indicators either. I'll see if there are any changes after the patch this morning.

Old 2014-04-02, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Illtempered
First Sergeant

They're too busy introducing unneeded and broken new features, such as the mission system, to fix things you spent certs on. I have the same problem. It did work, at one point early on, after it was introduced, but now my maxed out engagement radar doesn't work, at all. I never really planned on using it much anyway. I just had certs to burn. I would never give up my precious fire suppression for such garbage. The only time I really might use it would be in a throw-away ESF, just so I could avoid certain pilots that I know might chase me down.

Get those flares back, and learn the reverse-maneuver. If you have good performance, max out your fuel-tanks and learn to kill everything with the nose-gun. If you do not have good performance, then Tomcats may be your only option to be useful in the air, which is why I think lock-on weapons are fine. Not everybody can have 60+fps, and I need a reason not to use fire-suppression, which I use all the time any way since lock-on A2A missiles were nerfed.
Old 2014-04-03, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Grizzo
Private

Since the patch, the radar is now working and I found it really handy in spotting enemy esf's that I would have otherwise missed. This gave me a great advantage in sneaking up and getting the first shots in. However, I still died loads last night due to their hidden buddies getting the jump on me whilst I was tunneled visioned on getting my target!

Does this radar spot those fitted with stealth?
Old 2014-04-03, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Grizzo View Post
Since the patch, the radar is now working and I found it really handy in spotting enemy esf's that I would have otherwise missed. This gave me a great advantage in sneaking up and getting the first shots in. However, I still died loads last night due to their hidden buddies getting the jump on me whilst I was tunneled visioned on getting my target!

Does this radar spot those fitted with stealth?
Im pretty sure it doesn't, which is why I went with stealth over flares. I reccomend it!
Old 2014-04-04, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Stealth over flares? Have things been changed? Flares used to be a utility and stealth was a defense. If stealth is now a utility I will have to do some thinking....
Old 2014-04-04, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Belhade
Sergeant

I got the Engagement Radar shortly after its release, though I have to say I haven't seen it do anything. That I can tell, anyways.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion