Reserves Program FAQ - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I am your god! And I demand cheesy sacrifices!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Old 2006-02-27, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
TyPhOOn2k
Private

First: about the graphic problems... i played it first with a geforce 4 mx 400 with 30-40 frames (be sure not to render the grass... this takes LOADS of power). now i had a 9800 pro for a while (but the card is as good as broken... same fps as witht the geforce) and tomorrow i will try it with my brand new 7800 gtx... this should do the change xD

Second: Yep... the merits... did you know they need to make kills after you revived or healed them? the funny thing is... br6 + rexo and heavy assault... i doubt i will see that all to often..
they wont even have a single implant to know who to target first... br8 would be adequate
Old 2006-02-27, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

I say BR9 at the least.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-02-27, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
PizzasRgooD
Private

BR6 gets you an implant..
You know they probably made it br6 because at br7 you get new armor colors and they dont want the fodder to look like more experienced characters.
Old 2006-03-01, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kilik 64
Private

As I understand, there are 3 color changes, and if you're playing the game for a year, it makes sense that you have some level of experience. Besides, everyone with sense is going to get the targeting implant, and BR6 doesn't allow enough variety. I plan on subsribing the moment that 12 month trial is over, and already have planned where all of my cert points are going, and where 2 of my 3 implant slots are being used for.....

I think a higher BR is needed, as the game won't really be much more tactical. The current players will just be getting a bunch of pawns to send to their deaths while they use the strategy. Their won't be anymore medics, or hackers, or much of anything else. Just a bunch of goons to send to their demise for the sake of you all getting EXP boosts. (IE. Dropping them off in Galaxies, picking them up in Deliverers, leading the charge of Lightning tanks behind their own, etc.)
Old 2006-03-02, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Marsman
Major

One thing to remember however is overwhelming numbers of anything in this game will dominate. While trial players individually may not have the variety of roles in the game, their shear numbers can and will turn the tide of battle - especially in a siege situation. If the enemy is defending the control room, 20 or 30 BR6's rushing in is going to be more effective than 5 or 10 BR25's. Sometimes it's just quantity that's needed rather than quality. While a trial player may feel individually that they're not contribuiting as much as a veteran player, trial players in number will make a significant difference. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 2006-03-02, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Martinio1
Private

I cant wait for this, i have always wanted to try planet side, and if i enjoy the experience then ill start paying for it.
Old 2006-03-02, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
FortunateSon
Private

If you have 5 BR 25's attacking a siege then thats the equivilent of 1 BR 125. Where as 30 BR 6's is the equivilant off 1 BR180, so in essence numbers will count, but they will still be outclassed as most will either just be snipers of heavy assaulters or Anti Vehicle, there will be few Infils or Pilots (unless you count Mosq's). Still, all the more better as they cant randomly switch on Darklight/Vision and see me coming to stab them with my knife
Old 2006-03-02, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

What do most poeple think the br limit on the reserves program should be anyway because i dont like br6 because my dads going to to be on the program and if so many people kill him so fast bevery time he respawns then he'll be mad at me for putting him on it.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-03, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
FortunateSon
Private

Personally, BR6 is enough to have a mess around (you can get a Infil, Hacking, Advanced Hacking, plus 1 Implant) but Sony seem to be going for the route of buy this game and get all this great stuff, which wont work. They need to either have a BR no limit on or a BR 10 at the minimum as BR6 will bore people to death (your BR4 by doing the training FFS). I predict (a riot lol) that numbers will boost for the first few months but then trail off after people have tried every side
Old 2006-03-03, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe SOE could change the time limit to 1 month because I doubt any1s going to play for a few months let alone 1 year at BR 6.

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-03, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

It isn't strictly meant for 1 person to play for a full year. What about the people who find out about it 3 months from now? Wouldn't do them much good if it was only a month long, they would have missed it and the PS community would have missed out on their participation.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2006-03-03 at 09:56 AM.
Old 2006-03-03, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

okay maybe it should be a year but about the devs making the limit br6 because at br7 you change colors but maybe it could be br10 except they don't change colors ever until subscribed.

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-04, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
FortunateSon
Private

Lets put it this way, i just created a VS on the US West server and got to BR5 without even leaving the Sanctuary.
Old 2006-03-04, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

That would basicly be the argument of why it shouldn't be br6.

-Douglas Adams
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions