"Target is destroyed" explosion/flipping over/turret popping off/whatever animations. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only you can prevent forum fires!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-06, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Traak
Colonel

"Target is destroyed" explosion/flipping over/turret popping off/whatever animations.

When we kill something, since often a target will be enveloped in missile-explosion clouds and will be relatively obscured, will there be something to let us know the moment that the target is "deaded"?

I know in Mechwarrior, there was the instant explosion to let us know, and they all had fusion reactors, so the giant fusion flash of white left no doubt.

With the vehicles being so realistic, I imagine their burnt-out hulks will be similarly upgraded to not being three polygons and a 1-bit texture like in PS1 (or whatever it was) so a definite visual indication of the doom of the target will be needed.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: "Target is destroyed" explosion/flipping over/turret popping off/whatever animati

here is an alpha vid. from the look of it whenever you get a kill or assist you see +100 or some point amount like in Call of Duty .

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault