AGN: "Do you have any ideas for a TR specific..." - ReachCast Community Question #71 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: More official than the official website.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-02, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Deringer
ReachCast Show

Question "Do you have any ideas for a TR specific..." - ReachCast Community Question #71

This week's ReachCast Community question, courtest of Matt Higby via Twitter, is ...

“Do you have any ideas for a TR specific Infiltrator rifle that gives them a satisfying and meaningful niche?”

As always, respond here or e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at (415)787-3224!
Old 2014-02-02, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Re: "Do you have any ideas for a TR specific..." - ReachCast Community Question #71

A spoolup mini-gun PDW?
A semi-auto burst sniper rifle?
A rapid fire crossbow?
An EMP rifle that de-cloaks other infiltrators?
Old 2014-02-02, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: "Do you have any ideas for a TR specific..." - ReachCast Community Question #71

3-6 round burst Auto-Sniper. Put it in the Tier 2 or whatever category it is that caps damage off at 200m or 250m
Old 2014-02-02, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Falcon_br
Captain

Maybe a two bullets burst rifle, like the sabr-13, more precise and with less recoil to be effective at long range.
The problem is: semi auto rifles doesn't sell, lots of testing must be done to make it fun and useful.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-02-02, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
3-6 round burst Auto-Sniper. Put it in the Tier 2 or whatever category it is that caps damage off at 200m or 250m
yeah i'd say this.
Old 2014-02-03, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
almalino
First Sergeant

Tag seeking rifle

Give it a 2 fire modes.

Tagging mode: is tagging bullet. If you hit the enemy with that bullet it is tagged for say 10 seconds but makes no damage.

Tag seeking mode: is tag seeking bullet. If fired close enough to tagged guy bullet will curve and hit the guy. Damage is negotiable. I guess OHK if tag is on the head and 2HK to the body?

tag should also attract bullets form other TR snipers. One tag of all. Make snipers to work together as a team

The tagged soldier must have some indication that he was tagged by a sniper so that he could run away and hide or just be annoyed by that. To remove the tag instantly we could ask medic to heal that will also remove the tag.

We could even introduce tag seeking rifles for other classes. So, infiltrator tags the guy and other just use tag seeking bullets to kill it. Possibilities are endless

That will not be overpowered because you do no damage while tagging and can kill only from the second shot. But it could be fun.

Last edited by almalino; 2014-02-03 at 02:22 AM.
Old 2014-02-03, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

How's this for vague? There was a rifle in a game (Where you're fighting aliens off of earth in WW2 or some shit) where the secondary fire tagged a person and follow up shots with the primary followed the tag.
There was another weapon in that game that could shoot, but not see through walls. The more stuff it went through, the more damage it did.
Can't remember the name of the game but those weapons would be neat to have.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-02-03, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
How's this for vague? There was a rifle in a game (Where you're fighting aliens off of earth in WW2 or some shit) where the secondary fire tagged a person and follow up shots with the primary followed the tag.
There was another weapon in that game that could shoot, but not see through walls. The more stuff it went through, the more damage it did.
This tagging bullet could also tag vehicles so that those are always visible on the friendly minimaps. To remove the tag vehicle must be repaired for a while.
Old 2014-02-04, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kalee J
Sergeant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
Was that one of entries in the "Resistance: Fall of Man" series?
Old 2014-02-04, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

not necessarily for TR, but I would love to see a sniper gun that does less damage to infantry and more damage to Maxes. It would be a specific use gun for defense against max crashes. An EMP sniper gun I guess.

Other than that I like the 3 shot burst gun (with reflex). It reminds me of the M16 in COD4. I loved that gun. great medium range run. Although that would really be more of a battle rifle though. Although the battle rifles now suck.
Old 2014-02-04, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Kalee J View Post
Was that one of entries in the "Resistance: Fall of Man" series?
Thank You! I couldn't remember the name and it was bugging the hell outta me.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-02-04, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Burst Sniper Rifle with explosive rounds.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion