Suicidal pilots; should they be in Planetside 2? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pork Salad Universe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-21, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

Re: Suicidal pilots; should they be in Planetside 2?

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
So, I'm guessing that you think that you are some worldly-wise member of the kewlzzz OMGzz kidzzz club because you think we "wouldn't survive in EVE or Darkfall."?
Oh yes I belong to an elite grief club. I've seen and done it all. I AM THE CYBER BULLY! But seriously I laugh because like Firefly said, you take yourself way too seriously.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Traak
Colonel

You don't even know me. People who cackle with glee about betraying others and wasting their time are just screwed up. But, hey, even Jeffrey Dalmer has fanboys.

Curious how you guys can boast about screwing other people over, but then launch into some tirade about anal sex when someone points out that that is a character flaw.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

You don't even know me. People who cackle with glee about betraying others and wasting their time are just screwed up. But, hey, even Jeffrey Dalmer has fanboys.

Curious how you guys can boast about screwing other people over, but then launch into some tirade about anal sex when someone points out that that is a character flaw.
Old 2011-07-21, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
SKYeXile
Major General

So, I'm guessing that you think that you are some worldly-wise member of the kewlzzz OMGzz kidzzz club because you think we "wouldn't survive in EVE or Darkfall."?
playing a European developed game makes you hardcore, you missed the memo.
Old 2011-07-21, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
MetalCage
Private

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
You cant unless you have 2 accounts in planetside 2. 1 Empire per server

That would be soo funny tho i admit. Even if i was in the gal i would be laughin

I know I have NC and TR alts on my 1 account on the same server.
Old 2011-07-21, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

It's a valid tactic, but one that should cause a significant drain on resources. You don't see American Soldiers going into a fight with a C-130 and fly it into a hillside in Afghanistan to take out a bunker of snipers.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2011-07-21, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Whoknowswhat1
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
It's a valid tactic, but one that should cause a significant drain on resources.
(this isnt really directed towards you Sentrosi, but towards every1 with the same view of "the huge ships should cost major resources")

another side of that would be if you and your outfit are doing gal drops and they only have the resources for 2-3. do you stop doing ops cause you are running low on resources, effectively slowing down the gameplay and in a game where you can do "anything" you want, to be forced to do something else?

Mess with the best, Die like the rest
Old 2011-07-21, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

griefing is bad nd if u greif then ur bad

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-21, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

We all do things throughout the day we don't want to do, but have to in order to live comfortably. Let me ask you this question;

Do you want to work 8 extra hours this weekend because some middle management screw off can't change his tee time to next week? Note I didn't say overtime because you are salaried.

The same goes for this. If my empire can't generate the resources needed for operations that night, then we (meaning outfit) needs to be fluid enough to recognize this and then adjust accordingly. One of the great things about being a Dragonwolf is that there are no egos to bruise. Many times we go in with a plan to do one thing, but end up doing something else because the battle dictated it.

This makes vehicles no longer treated as throw-away methods of transport. It makes me really want to take care of my Galaxy. It's going to piss me off that I have to land and repair my Galaxy because the forward intel didn't say anything about the drop zone being hot.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread

Last edited by Sentrosi; 2011-07-21 at 10:41 AM.
Old 2011-07-21, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

It's a valid tactic, but one that should cause a significant drain on resources. You don't see American Soldiers going into a fight with a C-130 and fly it into a hillside in Afghanistan to take out a bunker of snipers.
This is a science-fiction video game. More importantly it's a video game. You don't see Air Force pilots bailing out of their F16 to drop into a Taliban stronghold. Or a guy wearing heavy Ranger body armour and sixty pounds of battle kit running and dolphin-diving. You don't see infinite lives on the battlefield, either.
Old 2011-07-21, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Whoknowswhat1
Corporal

Misc Info

I personally do not have a problem with changing vehicles, but to someone who has devoted every second of the skill tree to flying a gal or support vehicle they may be unable to face the fact being "i spent 2 months training this since the game started... now what do i do?"

Or the lesser-skilled outfits that have found that the best or only way for them to do outfit ops, is if someone pulls a gal.

I understand the analogy "life isnt fair, so bend the fuck over." but just like any job, if you do something you dont want to do alot of times, you end up hating and resenting that job, so you quit and find another job. (mayb not in this economy, but back when it was more stable you would) People would/will not pay a sum of money every month to do something they dont want to do, or what is not fun for them.

I hope that made some sense... i havent had my morning coffee

Mess with the best, Die like the rest
Old 2011-07-21, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
This is a science-fiction video game. More importantly it's a video game. You don't see Air Force pilots bailing out of their F16 to drop into a Taliban stronghold. Or a guy wearing heavy Ranger body armour and sixty pounds of battle kit running and dolphin-diving. You don't see infinite lives on the battlefield, either.
That's only because they're all wearing cloaker suits.
Old 2011-07-21, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
morf
First Sergeant

Ok look I'm saying it:

If you can't kamikaze ppl, it won't be planetside anymore. End of argument.

The second I get into beta I'm going to crash an upside-down Galaxy into the first purple helmet I see.
Old 2011-07-21, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
I sure love them and they should be in the game. Recently i had a 13 kill Gal Bomb. The feeling I got was sure enjoyment. Alot of people gave me tells after that and stated it was a broken mechanic and I am abusing it.

I recorded this one awhile ago lol
‪LoadStar Suicide!! 6 Kills!‬‏ - YouTube
I think my 8 kill one with a mosquito at an AMS beats all those considering the explosion radius is smaller .
Old 2011-07-21, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Raymac
Brigadier General

Using that example, thats EXACTLY what the Taliban do though. They'll pile some explosives into a car, drive it up to a check point, and boom. It is a drain on the Taliban's resources, but only a small drain because there seems to be no shortage of people who want to blow themselves up. (just carrying on the example, not looking for a political debate)

So, I do agree with you in that I think it should be limited enough to where you can't just spam Galaxy and Galaxy and just durka durka jihad all day long, but it shouldn't be taken out of the game. Suicide missions could be fun, and I don't want to start trying to figure out where to draw the line between assaulting something deep behind enemy lines with no chance of surviving very long, and flying a Gal into a single sniper.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion