NC Medic loadout - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hi mom!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-07-15, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
hagagaga
Private

NC Medic loadout

What NC medic certs should I get? So far, I don't have much besides an armor upgrade, the medic tool upgrade, and a 4x optic for the default rifle. I put more certs into other classes when I was figuring out which one fit me best.
Old 2013-07-15, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: NC Medic loadout

Work on the Medic Tool is #1 or so, can hold off on the max rank. AOE Heal is next what you should have a few points in, use it to heal groups or treat it like a HA's shield and pop before you turn the corner in combat. Revive Grenades are nice to have, but not required, but it'll let you reach the guys in the open or around the corner. C4 is very useful but i'd wait till you got the other abilities certed well enough.

Flak or Nanoweave for the armor, Flak lets you survive most things and would be better if you aren't on the front line firing back.

The Gauss Rifle is a fantastic weapon, I love the other medic weapons too but having the default works just fine. Gauss S is good for other situations.

Old 2013-07-15, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
hagagaga
Private

Alright. Nanoweave is what I've been using.

Is it equally effective to flak or is one more effective than the other or are they differently effective based on circumstances?
Old 2013-07-15, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

If you're in the back, Flak will keep you alive when the grenades murder your teammates or someone C4s the group, or in the field with the tanks and aircraft.

If you're a bit more aggressive like me, Nano will help in those gunfights (but I run Nano 5). Though the FLAK has saved my ass more than once to prox or claymores.

A bit circumstantial, but Flak is probably the all around as a medic.

Old 2013-07-15, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
hagagaga
Private

I'm generally fairly aggressive (as medic, I try to put myself in a designated marksman role with my 4x optic while playing on open ground, switching to almost entirely support during close quarters) so I guess my current Nano 2 works.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions