New Vehicle idea: Truck with anti-air on the back - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We ran out of quotes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-27, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
tigeric
Private

Smile New Vehicle idea: Truck with anti-air on the back

I was thinking about the game while i was playing planet side 2 and it came to me that it was hard shooting down targets from a mounted AA gun When the aircraft you are shooting at fly's away so why cant we mount it to a truck? That way the aircraft's cant chicken away while shooting at them.

I was also thinking about riot shields in planet side 2 but a more futuristic version or a deploy-able defense wall that can take a certain amount of hit points.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Re: New Vehicle idea: Truck with anti-air on the back

Uh...that is what the Skyguard is for. Also goodl uck chasing a mossie in a truck.
Old 2013-02-27, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Uh...that is what the Skyguard is for. Also goodl uck chasing a mossie in a truck.
Skyguard weapons system needs to be put on the upcoming buggies with a dedicated driver. 2-man vehicle is superior to the lightning with a skyguard on it. (Hard to drive while looking up in the sky shooting, eh?)
Old 2013-02-28, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Calisai View Post
Skyguard weapons system needs to be put on the upcoming buggies with a dedicated driver. 2-man vehicle is superior to the lightning with a skyguard on it. (Hard to drive while looking up in the sky shooting, eh?)
I can agree with that but what hapenes to the people who got the lightning mounted skyguard then? I doubt SOE would give them a cert/SC refund.

They could of course simply transfer the previously bought skyguard turrets with al lthe unlocked certs to the new vehicle but that would likely cause a shitstorm of whining.
Old 2013-02-28, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rothnang
Major

I'd be all for a new anti-air vehicle, as long as they finally do away with all the damn anti-air infantry.

Sick and tired of hearing about how infantry doesn't want to get farmed when they can muster more survivability and firepower against air than any skyguard could ever dream of.

At the very least infantry AA should be short range.

Last edited by Rothnang; 2013-02-28 at 03:06 PM.
Old 2013-03-01, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Microdose
Private

I concur. I would love to see a military grade hummer or jeep vehicle with a second seat and weapons for that seat. Even the same weapons available for the MBT would be fine, just mounted to the back of a hummer.
Old 2013-03-10, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
VortexLeader
Private

I love the deployable Cover idea, like For an engie or something, spreading a 5m by 2m force field with a life bar.... This would be damn useful, but should work like the turrent otherwise guys would be running around spawning Walls
Maybe even a cert upgrade For integrated turrents (lmt. ammo) or firing Slots For infantry could be implemented!!! Would be REALLY awesome.
Old 2013-03-11, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Brogan
Private

So were you thinking of something like this?

It's an experimental soviet tank destroyer designated the Zis-41. I like the idea of a half track because 1) good off-road handling, and 2) it just looks cool.

For planetside 2, I'd probably name it like so:

Nanite Systems M303 Conquerer Half track

The Conquerer is a NS manufactured utility vehicle whose versatility on the battlefield is only matched by its usefulness. It has numerous variants, ranging from open topped APC, Anti-Aircraft platform, Tank Destroyer, mobile command center, electronic warfare, and even mobile field hospital.

Last edited by Brogan; 2013-03-11 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2013-03-11, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Guys you can throw a walker/ranger on your MBT, get racer (If you run on a magrider, get boost) and you will be pretty sweet.
Old 2013-03-11, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rothnang
Major

You'll probably be able to put a Walker/Ranger on top of the LACs.
Old 2013-03-11, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Corvo
Corporal

There is an overabundance of AA already. However, the idea in itself is not bad. I wish they didn't put Rangers on MBT's and Sunderers and made a special vehicle like you are suggesting here
Old 2013-03-12, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Brogan View Post
So were you thinking of something like this?

It's an experimental soviet tank destroyer designated the Zis-41. I like the idea of a half track because 1) good off-road handling, and 2) it just looks cool.

For planetside 2, I'd probably name it like so:

Nanite Systems M303 Conquerer Half track

The Conquerer is a NS manufactured utility vehicle whose versatility on the battlefield is only matched by its usefulness. It has numerous variants, ranging from open topped APC, Anti-Aircraft platform, Tank Destroyer, mobile command center, electronic warfare, and even mobile field hospital.
Ok i like where you are going with this. After resources are revameped, and parhaps the costs of vehicles spaced out a bit, this could be a cheap and avaliable alternative to tanks or sunderers. They could then take Sunderer spawning away from small outposts and put these and buggies in instead. As for cost it owuld be somewhere between a buggy and a lightning.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Brogan
Private

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Ok i like where you are going with this. After resources are revameped, and parhaps the costs of vehicles spaced out a bit, this could be a cheap and avaliable alternative to tanks or sunderers. They could then take Sunderer spawning away from small outposts and put these and buggies in instead. As for cost it owuld be somewhere between a buggy and a lightning.
That's precisely what I was thinking. Basically a workhorse truck, its tracks giving it good handling and wheels beautiful steering. The base truck would probably be the APC variant. Or...perhaps different variants can be acquired at different facilities or if certain facilities are held, such as the field hospital being tied to bio labs.
Old 2013-03-12, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Calisai View Post
+1 to This
Old 2013-03-19, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Falcon_br
Captain

Just give the new buggies, the option to mount a sky guard weapon as secondary.
It will make everyone happy.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault