Account wide progression instead of per character. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where crotch stuffing is for protection not for show
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-01, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Duddy
First Sergeant

Re: Account wide progression instead of per character.

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
The "but I have freinds on other empires so I need to be able to switch back an forth" argument doesn't really hold water to me. If they are really your friends so much or you theirs then you one of you would compromise an play on the same team. Since I know for me being able to play with buddies would be more important that what equipment i'm using.
Rarely is it so black and white, as you suggest.

So if you have friends on different empires on the same server you would turn around to one group of friends and say:

"Sorry guys, my other group of fiends are more important than you so I'll be playing with them, kthxbai"

My outfit in PS is made up of players originally from each empire, would you say that we never deserved to play together due to some misguided idea that 1 empire per server is necessary for balance?

There are ways to maintain balance that do not require limiting the players options.
Old 2011-08-01, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Traak
Colonel

How about we make it so that you can instantly flip to an underpopped empire, but you have to wait an hour or more to switch to an overpopped empire? So if I had switched to TR because the NC were using Maximum Stupid Overload, then the VS all evaporated, I could instantly switch to VS.

Incentivize switching to the lowest pop empire, disincentivize switching to the highest popped empire. Sort of like a "team switching diode".
Old 2011-08-01, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Huma
Sergeant

Here is my main issue with account wide progression. If it was in place you would be stuck with one type of character across all three factions. Personally, if I have an alt it's because I want to try a different play style than what I currently have. Granted you could change your training depending on what toon your on. But them you end up with a partially trained generalist that's no good at anything.
Old 2011-08-02, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
How about we make it so that you can instantly flip to an underpopped empire, but you have to wait an hour or more to switch to an overpopped empire? So if I had switched to TR because the NC were using Maximum Stupid Overload, then the VS all evaporated, I could instantly switch to VS.

Incentivize switching to the lowest pop empire, disincentivize switching to the highest popped empire. Sort of like a "team switching diode".
and take all of your empires secrets on that server to your new team? the exact reason its one empire per server, because to many people did similure things liek this, have a major plan made out so some douche can switch sides and give it away.
Old 2011-08-02, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Valdae
Sergeant

seriously, this thread should be a poll. its the kind of thing that could get argued all year long unless the greater majority vote on it.
Old 2011-08-02, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
and take all of your empires secrets on that server to your new team? the exact reason its one empire per server, because to many people did similure things liek this, have a major plan made out so some douche can switch sides and give it away.
1. There are cross empire coms. People will spy for the lulz.
2. Smed said he wants some free component. People will have a spy newb on another monitor.
3. Practice some opsec and don't tell your objective. People put months of work and massive profits on the line in EVE. Intel in PS is worth about 5 or 10 minutes.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion