Music - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The internet ends here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-07-10, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
MgFalcon
Captain
 
MgFalcon's Avatar
 
Re: Music


I feel like this song would make a base cap 10X as rewarding.

__________________
~Mg
MgFalcon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Valdae
Sergeant
 
Valdae's Avatar
 
Re: Music


You're never going to see dubstep in planetside because modern music goes in and out of fashion, eventually becoming dated. Even though classic and ambient music isnt everyones thing, it stands the test of time and will always give it the feel of a hollywood epic.

Musics a funny thing because its so overlooked, but ps had a real unique tone that immersed people into the world and still remains incredibly nostalgic. I'd be worried about them doing a shit job for this game. You dont get fantastic games that have bad audio.
Valdae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
NCLynx
Major
 
NCLynx's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Valdae View Post
You're never going to see dubstep in planetside because modern music goes in and out of fashion, eventually becoming dated. Even though classic and ambient music isnt everyones thing, it stands the test of time and will always give it the feel of a hollywood epic.

Musics a funny thing because its so overlooked, but ps had a real unique tone that immersed people into the world and still remains incredibly nostalgic. I'd be worried about them doing a shit job for this game. You dont get fantastic games that have bad audio.
Just you wait until you take a region and then all of a sudden "WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB".

I hope they hire the same guy who did the music the first time around.
NCLynx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Valdae
Sergeant
 
Valdae's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
Just you wait until you take a region and then all of a sudden "WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB".

I hope they hire the same guy who did the music the first time around.
People wouldnt want to leave the region they'd just want to stay and party!

And yes they have.
Valdae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Chufty
Contributor
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja
 
Chufty's Avatar
 
Re: Music


The music in PlanetSide was so awesome. I still listen to it now sometimes.

Has Ferrone been confirmed for the sequel? It sounds like his music in the trailer.
Chufty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Valdae
Sergeant
 
Valdae's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Its not his music in the trailer, but he is back for the actual game.
Valdae is offline  
Reply With Quote
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-11, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Music


I really liked PS's original music. Re-mix that music again, keep some of it. NC sanctuary music was the best, seemed to capture the essence of the NC.

I was happy to hear similarity to the classic PS music in the trailer. I would just love it if they polished up the old PS music, remixed it a bit and kept it along the same themes. That was great music.

Modernize the NC sanctuary music, remix it and just give that right back to me.
__________________
Malorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Redshift
Major
 
Redshift's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I really liked PS's original music. Re-mix that music again, keep some of it. NC sanctuary music was the best, seemed to capture the essence of the NC.

I was happy to hear similarity to the classic PS music in the trailer. I would just love it if they polished up the old PS music, remixed it a bit and kept it along the same themes. That was great music.

Modernize the NC sanctuary music, remix it and just give that right back to me.
k
__________________
Redshift is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
MooK
Staff Sergeant
 
MooK's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Don Ferrone and the Percussive Adventures Sound Library produced by Christopher Page for East West Communications. Orchestral samples recorded from the Vienna Symphonic Library.
MooK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
321
Brigadier General
 
321's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: Music


Music was an important part of PlanetSide and I suspect that the PS 2 development team realizes this and will include music that helps to set the mood and enhance the general atmosphere. For example:
Other situations, such as intense firefights, call for a more energetic, fast-paced style of music:
321 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
2coolforu
First Lieutenant
 
2coolforu's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by 321 View Post
Music was an important part of PlanetSide and I suspect that the PS 2 development team realizes this and will include music that helps to set the mood and enhance the general atmosphere. For example: YouTube - ‪INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR‬‏

Other situations, such as intense firefights, call for a more energetic, fast-paced style of music: YouTube - ‪EAT DA POO POO - hardstyle rmx by Clair Collective‬‏
AND HE POOTS HIIS FIST DEEEEEEEEEPAH
2coolforu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
ArcticPrism
Private
 
Re: Music


I like Planetside's music a lot. All it needed was a little more variety. All the zone types had the same music. Temperate maps for example like Cyssor, Forseral, Extinction. I just hope in Planetside 2 they don't feel the need to go overboard with rock/metal/trance/techno.
ArcticPrism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Bags
Lieutenant General
 
Bags's Avatar
 
Re: Music




My thoughts on dubstep. Please no dubstep.
Bags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Aractain
Major
 
Aractain's Avatar
 
Re: Music


lol

Really seriously though, the VS should have music that has a lot of clashing reverbs and heavy modulated bass. Trance just isn't VS to me.
Aractain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Bags
Lieutenant General
 
Bags's Avatar
 
Re: Music


VS should get linkin park and deal with it. Fits them. Waa we're aliens and nobody understands us.
Bags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.