Just a little Cry about faction hopping. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The website that watches back.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-04, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Just a little Cry about faction hopping.

and griefpoints should be registered per account, not per char.

if a character gets weaponlocked, every other char for that account on the same server should also get weaponlocked! and the lock is playtime, not realtime. so the griefer will have to deal with the weaponlock for some time no matter what!
could only be worked around by using 2 accounts for griefing, at least requiring to exit the whole game and reload. you know, every form of hassle reduces the amount of people who are willing to go through it just to grief.

and those who share their computer with other players wouldn´t have to fear anything, if they don´t share their computer with a griefer. if the last is the case, they would have to talk about it.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-06-04 at 11:56 AM.
Old 2013-06-04, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

"....Dan, you always clean up after yourself, you're quiet and respctful of everyone, you're cool about food ... y' even buy all the roomies beer & pizza, and you supply us with tons of killer bud, .... but you got our PS2 account Grief-locked...... you're OUTTA HERE ! "
Old 2013-06-04, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Shogun
Contributor
General

as long as you place your feet under my table and use my computer, you gotta stop shooting friendlies!

there would be a last group that would be negatively affected by the last idea...
visitors of conventions, where ps2 can be played by anybody.
but i guess those stations use custom clients anyhow, that could easily toggle this feature off.

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-06-04 at 12:08 PM.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Dragonskin
Major

As long as a system comes out that punishes greifers and doesn't affect legit players then that is all that I care about. How that all is handle can be a variation of things.. but the end result should be making sure the system works against the target for the change without impacting everyone in a negative way.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
As long as a system comes out that punishes greifers and doesn't affect legit players then that is all that I care about. How that all is handle can be a variation of things.. but the end result should be making sure the system works against the target for the change without impacting everyone in a negative way.
i am sure, a dev who compiles this thread will be able to come up with something that works as you demand.
it developed into a really good discussion in my opinion!

Old 2013-06-04, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

I still don't understand why they've implemented this. It'd be easy peasy.

The usual argument for it is LOL THEY COULD JUST USE MULTIPLE CLIENTS LOL. But most don't know how and won't bother. It's one thing to admit it's possible; another to facilitate it and incentivize it and usher it in with a smile and a bow.

Death to the Fourth Empire. DEATH.
Old 2013-06-04, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Candlelocks
Private

The cool-down is much needed. It'll help eliminate these jerks and keep faction populations generally stable.
Old 2013-06-04, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Just another option for separating intentional griefers from "TK in the heat of battle" or "Oops I am just an idiot and did not mean to tk you" person....

I could see this as a layer and not a complete solution..In BF2 and BF2142 if you were TK'd you could vote to punish the offender or not punish them. If 1 guy gets punished too much for griefing by those he has killed he can be kicked and account locked for 2 hours or something, set it at something like 20 TK punishes and hour gets you kicked, you do have to account for the guy who mistakenly rams into a loaded sundy with his galaxy TK'ing a dozen people on accident who all choose to punish him.......not that this has ever happend in game or anything...
Old 2013-06-04, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
OCNSethy
Major

Thats why I like Chaff's idea.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...7&postcount=44

Seperates the accidents from the arsehats...
Old 2013-06-04, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
zombywoof
Private

Last edited by zombywoof; 2013-06-25 at 06:13 AM. Reason: son plagarised my awesome idea
Old 2013-06-05, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
It's obvious the people here that don't have kids that can play... or kids at all for that matter. Statements like these are very narrow minded. Do you remember how you were when you were 12-15? You are going to tell me that you should restrict players just for changing their mind on what character they want to play?

If you look at the MLG footage that Hamma posted back from the first Planetside 2 MLG event there were kids playing with their parents trying to show them the ropes. It's pretty much the same in my house. This system you are proposing will directly impact people that share computers or legitimately swap factions, but don't abuse it.

There shouldn't be any punishment to players that are not abusing the system... period. The previous solutions that were discussed only punished the players that abuse TKing. If a player faction swaps to get the winning side of an alert then it's lame, but not against any rules and he isn't really hurting anyone. He is just taking advantage of having a character in the faction that will win the alert. I don't 4th faction in that sense. My characters are on different servers so restricting my play on the same server is a non-issue, but it would impact legit players that are not greifing or doing anything actually against the rules.

If that player switches accounts to TK and purposely cause a faction issues that they are part of then that is an entirely different story. Those players should be punished for griefing. The two scenarios are not the same.
I also have kids dragon I feel were your coming from, and since there are no credit card requirements or accountability of accounts, they each have there own account, my 17 yr old and my 5 yr old (dont ask she like to drive the sundy around). I mean I play in the afternoons when Im off work, but my 17 yr old may log in on his account, and play right after Im off. SOE has no tracking system, not by IP, not by email, not by credit card (I have bought my son SC in the past using the same credit card I used). Though some idea's for getting this under control are extreme, SOE has to come up with something.
Old 2013-06-05, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
KodanBlack
Sergeant

I think a simple and more effective solution to timers is to make alts go to different servers. But, with the mergers, we're running out of servers. Wanna change factions in the middle of a fight? Cool, but you're not going to be able to affect the battle you just left.

I have an NC alt that was on Genudine. Low and behold, that was merged into Helios, where my main character was. My TR alt was on connery, but Helios was merged into Connery. Now, all of my characters are on the same server, when I'd specifically created them to be on different ones.

I don't play the 4th faction game. When I play a character, win or lose, I stick to that character until the alert and/or battle is finished. Hell, I usually stick to that character and fight for that faction the entire session, because I really get into it. I simply like to play with the variety of weapons and equipment of all of the factions, and have spent money on each of my characters. All of the factions are fun to me.

Jumping factions so that you can win a fight is bullshit. It's a "I want everyhing without earning it" child's attitude. Frankly, it ruins the victory for everyone else who strapped their shit on tight, turned their caps backwards and brought their "A" game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion