PS comments - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning: Do not surf website while bathing. Electrocution may occur.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-04, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Seer
Major

While testing out certification synergies is difficult under the new system, you could always just do what a lot of people do and have multiple characters. It's easier to level up a few diverse characters to BR12 than it is to have one that does it all.

That way, if you want to test something out at least one of your characters will have a couple of the necessary certs anyway, and you can do it inside a day.

Think about it, in every other MMOG you pick one thing to do and work obsessively at it. I prefer PS's solution
Old 2004-01-05, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Seer
While testing out certification synergies is difficult under the new system, you could always just do what a lot of people do and have multiple characters. It's easier to level up a few diverse characters to BR12 than it is to have one that does it all.

That way, if you want to test something out at least one of your characters will have a couple of the necessary certs anyway, and you can do it inside a day.

Think about it, in every other MMOG you pick one thing to do and work obsessively at it. I prefer PS's solution

Thats the exact reason why I never played another mmo for more than 2 weeks. The skill/spells you got were just more powerful forms of your older ablilities. PS has very limited "Skill tree" development, for this reason I expect PS to be a long term addiction.

Also, does no one have Tips for flying? Im ok at the actual aireal (SP?) acrobatic stuff its just the combat I dont understand. I think its mainly because flying is more like sailing and less like actual flight.
Old 2004-01-05, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Fenrys
Major

I'm a n00bish piolet as well. The only advice i have for you is this:

Against missle locks, fly low and fast. Practice flying low by skimming water in with an outside camera view. When your aircraft starts leaving a wake behind you (nice effect devs, btw ), you're low enough. Switch to your inside camera and get a feel for where you are in relation to the water so next time you don't need to switch camera views mid-battle and loose your targeting reticle. When the missles start comming in, the best place to be is behind a mountain.

Against other aircraft, fly high and slow. In PS, as in real airial combat, the best place to attack from is above and behind your target (esp. against Gals and Libs since their tailgunners can't aim high). I've also noticecd that whenever I loose sight of my targeted nme aircraft, its usualy directly above me (where I can't see them, but they can angle down farther than I can angle up so they can still shoot at me).

So when you start getting shot from the air, put your nose in the air, max your speed, hit the climb button, and when you're near the ceiling, jerk around as fast as you can (a short burst of afterburners helps) and slow down.
Old 2004-01-05, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ogge
the recert system is fine
indeed
Old 2004-01-05, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Folks you keep forgetting that this is sposed to use a niche model, the system is designed, and succeeds at, forcing people to fill a roll and rely on others. In that respect it works fine and need snothing more nothing less. Honestly, how often do you totaly recert your char

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion